Trouble rooting 3.18 (AT&T)

Search This thread

Jairoskov

Jan 2, 2013
Cartagena
hello again :)

well as my screen buttons are not working, i want install an app to replace it, i found this but i dont know the name if some one know the name of this app please tell me thanks.

pfv9.png

Jairoskov

Jan 2, 2013
Cartagena
It's in the Original Android Development section. When you flash it, it will overwrite the Elemental kernel with its own so you don't need to worry about that.

Sent from my Evita

mmmm are you sure? because before install this cm10 actually, i was trying to install aoskp and this not work because i haved installed elementalx and aoskp dont installed his ouwn kernel

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yes I'm positive. Every single ROM you find here on XDA has its own kernel built in, otherwise they wouldn't boot. I can't remember if you're s-on or s-off. If you're s-on you'll need to flash the boot.img manually, but if you're s-off it'll flash automatically with the ROM.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: ds2_hamza

Jairoskov

Jan 2, 2013
Cartagena
Yes I'm positive. Every single ROM you find here on XDA has its own kernel built in, otherwise they wouldn't boot. I can't remember if you're s-on or s-off. If you're s-on you'll need to flash the boot.img manually, but if you're s-off it'll flash automatically with the ROM.

Sent from my Evita

well i will try to find the correct kernel for aoskp and yes im s-offf :)

i have to find kernel and flash it manually right?

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga

If you are s-off the kernel will flash automatically when you flash the ROM. If you are trying any of the newer AOSP ROMs with the 3.4 kernel make sure you have updated your hboot by running the 3.18 RUU. They won't work properly until you have done this.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Heisenberg and exad

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro

I don't think you understood what I wrote. The kernel is built into the ROM, you don't need to find it, just flash the ROM. But you will need to RUU to 3.18 if you haven't yet.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: pside15

Jairoskov

Jan 2, 2013
Cartagena
I don't think you understood what I wrote. The kernel is built into the ROM, you don't need to find it, just flash the ROM. But you will need to RUU to 3.18 if you haven't yet.

Sent from my Evita

well i installed rohan kernel and then install aokp and now work, because the way u say not work for me, and i have all acces that exits in the world for my hox, s-off, ruu 3.18, su everithing :p

but now its working thanks :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -_- fine flash your ROM with fast boot then. And who I am is the guy who's been helping people on this forum every day for quite some time and also the guy who's trying to keep you from brciking your phone. Your insults don't bother me :p

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
    Hahaha bull****. You are a big troll. A noob that has been usong android for one month and thinks he already knows android. Yes you can flash a rom with fastboot. Go learn. And who are you to tell people they should or shouldn't root? Loser :D

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

When you brick it let me know I'll buy it for parts

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

If you are s-off the kernel will flash automatically when you flash the ROM. If you are trying any of the newer AOSP ROMs with the 3.4 kernel make sure you have updated your hboot by running the 3.18 RUU. They won't work properly until you have done this.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Hahaha bull****. You are a big troll. A noob that has been usong android for one month and thinks he already knows android. Yes you can flash a rom with fastboot. Go learn. And who are you to tell people they should or shouldn't root? Loser :D

Speaking of losers, cya around the next time you create a new XDA account :cool:
    You're going to brick if you're not more careful -_- TWRP is released for MANY phones and you don't want to be installing one for any other phone than evita. Here's a link you can get any version of TWRP for our phone from. Perhaps bookmark it in case you ever want to upgrade in the future:
    http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/evita

Download this exact version, that way we can be sure it's for this device.

You can use this app to check the md5.

Sent from my Evita

Yes, definitely follow the advice in these 2 posts I quoted. I really think you have the wrong recovery image. That's really the only thing I can think of that could be your problem since it appears you are flashing the recovery the proper way.