[HACK] ALL IN ONE Optimizer for X7720 eclair and korean froyo..

Search This thread

raidontaro

Dec 9, 2010
Jakarta
Bro khal,

Which part on your script that makes the internal memory 167Mb?
Can I use that part only but not the Apps2SD?

Thanks

raidontaro

Dec 9, 2010
Jakarta
Is it not possible to have a free 167mb on internal withour installing apps2sd?
Because I want to use Link2sd and have 167mb free internal.

Just want the best :)

livingincm

Sep 8, 2010
Hey! Sorry for being ridiculous but this is my time dealing with a motorola xt720. Referencing to page 1,

# format ur micro sd on ur phone to 64kb cluster
# then shrink the volume for 1g to ext2 partition and linux swap (64 m)...( im using gparte ubuntu).
# format the ext2 partion using ubuntu disk utilty .U need to ensure the check box with 'Take Ownership of the File System' is unchecked for the partition before you create it otherwise the partition is created and it has superuser permissions only.

Eh.. format your micro sd card is understandable. But what does it mean by "on ur phone to 64kb cluster"

And how do you shrink the volume...? using windows or?

do i use ubuntu disk utility to handle all of the above...?

& lets say, i've upgraded my phone to froyo 2.2, do i follow the same steps? Cos

for those running froyo with korean sbf also can apply
busybox
app2sd
theme galaxie froyo,
apn and the millestone overclock.

I dont quite get this thing.. haha. & where do i find the milestone overclock? do i download setcpu @ android market to do it or..?

Please help! haha! im getting my phone in 2 days time. Dun wanna be a noob when i get it. Thanks!

khalpowers

Jul 29, 2010
Hey! Sorry for being ridiculous but this is my time dealing with a motorola xt720. Referencing to page 1,

Eh.. format your micro sd card is understandable. But what does it mean by "on ur phone to 64kb cluster"

& lets say, i've upgraded my phone to froyo 2.2, do i follow the same steps? Cos

I dont quite get this thing.. haha. & where do i find the milestone overclock? do i download setcpu @ android market to do it or..?

Please help! haha! im getting my phone in 2 days time. Dun wanna be a noob when i get it. Thanks!

format ur micro sd thru phone then transfer to windows and reformat to fat32 64kb cluster

im using gparted...no need to create swap ..

can use gparted to do all..

u can apply busybox, app2sd and millestone overclock for froyo.

can install milestone overclock thru optimizer and setcpu need to grab from market.:)

V

Vistaus

I am on Linux. "adb" worked flawlessly. One day suddenly adb won't find it. It wouldn't show up in my devices anymore. Only after a phone reboot, again it showed up. So try rebooting your phone once.

I already tried that. Didn't help. And I also tried other suggestions, like creating an rules file for udev. Nope. What else can I try?

raidontaro

Dec 9, 2010
Jakarta
I just want to know, which part of the script that makes it 167Mb.

Because if I break it down, installing apps2sd on this script is
1. Mounting ext2.ko
2. Copy modified boot script mot_boot_mode
3. move apps and private data to sd
4. move dalvik cache to sd

Is it the move dalvik cache to sd that make's the internal 167Mb?
Because for what I see, your ext2,ko and moot_boot_mode is the same as navalynt's optimizer script, you just add move dalvik cache to sd.

kousik

Nov 28, 2010
Bangalore
Is there a way to go back to the stock theme after installing a custom one from here?
The theme replaces a few apks and framework-res. You can restore them back from the original sbf. What I did on Linux used sbf_flash -x <sbf> to extract image parts, then used unffs2 on CG39.img (which holds /system) and copy back the apks the theme replaced.

scumm_boy

Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
I applied the Galxiefroyo-Mod theme, and I have lost the ability to launch my camera. I've checked with Astro file browser, and the Camera.apk and CameraMoto.apk files are not recognized as proper apk files.

Could someone adb pull the stock XT720 Camera.apk and send me a link to it? It would be much appreciated.

Mioze7Ae

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 27, 2010
Queen City of the West
Google Pixel 7
Last edited:

V_XT720

May 11, 2011
I have problem to download all-in-one app2sd file - " Error (404)
We can't find the page you're looking for. " Can you upload it again?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    # format ur micro sd thru phone then transfer to windows and reformat to fat32 64kb cluster
    # shrink the volume for 1g to ext2 partition and linux swap (64 m)...( im using gparte ubuntu)..no need for swap if using others tool partion.
    # format the ext2 partion using ubuntu disk utilty .U need to ensure the check box with 'Take Ownership of the File System' is unchecked for the partition before you create it otherwise the partition is created and it has superuser permissions only.
    #done
    Steps to prepare for installation:
    # download all-in-one app2sd HERE
    # Unzip the downloaded file
    # Move the apps2sd folder to root directory of MicroSD

Next, simply connect the XT720 to your computer.
    Ensure it is "Charge Only" for USB connection and USB Debugging mode for USB is turned on under Settings > Applications > Development.
    Once you have the above checked, go ahead to launch a command prompt and perform the following:

Type: adb devices (you should see your Milestone serial number showing up. If you do not see serial number, it means there is no connection to your Milestone)
    Type: adb shell
    Type: su (make sure you do not see a prompt window on your Milestone. If you do, grant permission for it to access)
    Type: cd /sdcard/apps2sd
    Type: sh install.sh (trigger installation of App2SD)
    Type: Number 1 to 0 (for every steps until the end)

**********************************************"
    echo "* Milestone XT720 Optimizer&Themes V10 *"
    echo "* All XT720 sbf version *"
    echo "* Coded by:Khalpowers *"
    echo "**********************************************"
    echo ""
    echo "The following scripts will attempt to install:"
    echo "1. New Busybox"
    echo "2. APPS2SD"
    echo "3. Change Bootanimation and Fonts"
    echo "4. Optimized build.prop"
    echo "5. JIT from FroYo (Frozen Eclair Project)"
    echo "6. Cleanup stock app"
    echo "7. Apply mod theme eclair and froyo"
    echo "8. Master APNS.conf"
    echo "9. Milestone OverClock v1.42"
    echo "0. EXIT SCRIPT"

for those running froyo with korean sbf also can apply
    busybox
    app2sd
    theme galaxie froyo,
    apn and the millestone overclock.

when apply this i can get better hd videoing without lag , more responsive and much better on movie playback with vplayer beta.

ps/ personally i think the best sbf so far for 2.1.1 is US sbf..:)

here some benchmark for my xt..

without froyo running @1ghz 56 vsel
    newbench3.png

with froyo running @1ghz 56 vsel
    froyobench.png
    Thread moved to XT720 Forum.
    I have problem to download all-in-one app2sd file - " Error (404)
    We can't find the page you're looking for. " Can you upload it again?

Grab here http://db.tt/XDr4rgb