Windows Phone Update Feb 21st

Search This thread

bome76

Jan 25, 2011
Bugs not fixed

Hoped that MS will fix some bugs with this update (caller ID, wifi off when sleep)... They could have do that, they are aware of bugs and had enough time to fix it...
Updated mu HTC Trophy, didn't notice anything special... Any ideas?

Last edited:

stillriza

Jul 19, 2009
In the space
Anyone care to confirm if a factory-reset will help? I have way too many apps installed to do a reset on just a whim. Maybe I will do one when the real Copy-Paste update is rolled out.

(Also, I had unlocked my phone using ChevronWP7 but after the failed update the phone has been relocked).

do you have samsung tools installed. Trying to see if people woth problems updating their omnia7 have samsung tools, to check if thats not the cause...

A factory reset was the only way I could get the update to work for me. I'm gona go out on a limb and go with the fact the cert (chevron) was installed it is somehow interfering with the zune-tuner/windowsphone cert that is installed on the PC where zune client is installed. i even no longer have issues with the Zune desktop client after going back to factory. I love everything about this phone except for Zune!

emigrating

Jan 1, 2010
I'm gona go out on a limb and go with the fact the cert (chevron) was installed it is somehow interfering with the zune-tuner/windowsphone cert

Nope, I've now updated one dev unlocked and another chevron unlocked (both Omnia7) without any problems. Both were initially TMODE branded, one had however already been unbranded with a generic ROM.

sacom7

Jan 9, 2011
WM7 updated doesnt work on my HD2

Hi all ,notice WM7 update is up.But will it update my HD2 which is running WM7 .
I get as far as 6 of 10 rebooting your phone
7 of 10 creating a Backup
1 of 2 rebooting your phone
Then i get a Error saying we coulnt back up your phone because your phone Registry settings are incorrect Error 80180089

Is there a way around this .

Thanks

D.O.C

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jun 24, 2006
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus
So microsoft desides that it first update would be an update that improves the update process?, what are they planning to release? or worst, was the OS faulty in the first place?, they already know they need to fix or improve something in the update process without having done any updating yet....c'mon, they can do better than that! Lol

Sent from my DL DesireZ v4.1 using XDA App

otech

Feb 9, 2009
Australia
Actually, I don't believe the handset update has anything to do with the needing to be run for the next update.

The description in zune says it's for high priority OEM software updates. It only mentions the Zune software needing an update for updates, and we got that a few weeks ago.

See the screenshot a few posts down here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=902623&page=9

:confused:

What is more interesting is this statement from WP7 support:

Some Mobile Operators have the right to skip one update if they wish.
However, they can't skip the next one, which would be an acumulative update and would include the previous one.

So if your mobile operator decided to block this one, you will be getting the early March one (which will include the Feb one too)

Source http://social.answers.microsoft.com...7/thread/f28b13c4-97dc-4930-a996-a8a3f2c4430d

:eek:

piaqt

Jan 5, 2010
New York City
HTC Surround on AT&T, chevron- and then Dev-unlocked, in NYC. And still no update notification! Zune is up-to-date, notification is on, and the update was out yesterday. Anyone got a clue? Cause I sure don't. :(

Talys

Nov 19, 2010
Vancouver
I am on Fido in Vancouver, using an unlocked Telus handset. Nothing here.

Has anyone had experience yet with (a) an unlocked handset moved to a network that doesn't sell WP7 or (b) a device with no SIM?

rickytr23

Jan 21, 2007
WiFi Tether

only thing I want from this up date right now is to be able too use WiFi Tether, if its included look for my phone on ebay :D

BellPego

Oct 21, 2008
Lisboa
Just updated my Omnia 7 no problems... Took just 10m... Sideloaded apps still work great... No more changes I can spot...

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
I called ATT about the update, they obviously transferred me to India , and when Mahatma Ghandhi answered the phone he had never even heard of a Windows phone, so I got his supervisor who was in Singapore , she said (or the script was read) your phone will recieve update soon,do this answer question sir, NO ,I want to speak to someone in my country about the update for the phone in my country!Wait a few minutes and then BANG! Some idiot from Colorado telling me about how I can upgrade to an iphone, ,I told him that would be a downgrade Bub! If I wanted a dumb fone Id get an Iphone , the only phone you have that are worth a damn are WP7 and Android (and unfortunately your android selection sucks)!

Needless to say these bums from ATT didnt know a thing!

Reactions: evolutionqy7

Top Liked Posts