Found A Holster?????

Search This thread

BennTech

Mar 10, 2006
PS... I still wont buy it from the website, I have yet to receive my refund from them!!!

I wouldn't recommend buying from Wireless Galaxy either.

I bought mine from them on Nov. 5 before your cancellation post, but bought it knowing the horrible reviews of Wireless Galaxy...I figured it was only $15. Unlike you, I got confirmation e-mails within a few minutes. No mention of backorder on website or e-mails. They took my money that same day, too.

Nearly 4 weeks passed with no delivery. I e-mailed on Nov. 29 asking where my holster was and they responded Nov. 30, saying "Your package has been processed and shipped on 11/30/2007". So, either (1) I very coincidentally e-mailed exactly when they happened to get a shipment of an item that they never said was backordered, or (2) they took my money and then proceeded to sit on their asses.

BennTech

Mar 10, 2006
I'm sure that it was made to put the phone in screen out.

LOL...I misread that and thought you had said "I'm not sure that it was made to put the phone in screen out." That got me thinking and sure enough this holster works face-in as well, gripping on the first hump behind the screen. Holds pretty solid, too. Only problem is that the top tab presses the OK button when it's face-in.

Great...Now I have to mod that tab and try to add some super-thin protective felt like the Seidio, plus get pictures of it all face-in and face-out and modded like my Seidio holster review...<sigh>

Bronx31

Jul 19, 2007
NYC
LOL...I misread that and thought you had said "I'm not sure that it was made to put the phone in screen out." That got me thinking and sure enough this holster works face-in as well, gripping on the first hump behind the screen. Holds pretty solid, too. Only problem is that the top tab presses the OK button when it's face-in.

Great...Now I have to mod that tab and try to add some super-thin protective felt like the Seidio, plus get pictures of it all face-in and face-out and modded like my Seidio holster review...<sigh>

Didn't realize it pressed the ok button.. I use it face out. I just read my post again, and I see what you mean,,LOL

jdmba

Aug 20, 2007
Boxwave Armor Case - The Metal Case (Black)

I bought the Armor Case from Boxwave and I love it.

You can clip it to your belt if you want to (or leave off the screw plug, and its just a case). You can view the screen while it is closed. When you open the case, you have access to everything without removing it (e.g., the tilt keyboard will still slide out and tilt; you can get to the stylus; charge it; take pictures, etc). The front keypad is also exposed for use while closed.

Love love love it

bnycastro

I use the PDair Aluminum Case [Black as well] which is very similar to the Boxwave [actually I suspect BW has PDair as their manufacturer hehe] faster and since it ships out of HKG worldwide for free with almost the same price [I live in the Philippines] then I got a cheapo [PhP 150.00 aprox USD 3.57] horizontal belt case that fits a SE P990i which fits the TyTN mark II in the Alum case.

fizzie

Nov 25, 2007
Sedio holster and accidental clip release ATT leather case..

The holster looks nice but to me it looks as though that clip it just begging to get snagged/bumped on something and release the phone...(((CRASH :eek: ))) I watched the video and saw the pics and even though it seems to take some finger force to release it I have believe body forces in motion are what make these types of accidents happen..at least to me :cool: . I was wondering if anyone has has that happen :confused: ( hopefully without the fatal crash thing). Plus it does not look like the bottom of the case overlaps the phone enough to prevent it from falling out if say you happen to lean on the clip unknowingly. Of course if it did overlap too much the buttons would be covered...perhaps a strategically placed additional retainer would have insured against it from falling completely out...woulda, coulda, shoulda!
All the other clip type holsters I have had for various phones inevitably released my phone by accident. Thus I have steered clear of such holsters. Like most people I have to much to think about other than bumping/brushing into something during the course of a normal day. And unlike the Kaiser my other phones didn't cost me big $$$$ !!!
Also the back will take a beating which can be easily replaced but would make the phone look less than "cool" in the meantime :mad: ...I think I'm talking myself out of this idea already!!
The included case from HTC is good for now, I also had the ATT leather case, which was nice till the leather stitching fell out of one side!!!

bnycastro

img001vd7.jpg

TyTN II in the PDair Aluminum Case
img002tf3.jpg

[HTC TyTN II in Alum Case and Cheapo Horizontal Belt Case]
img003pq9.jpg

[I don't trust clips either so I made sure this one had a loop!]

BennTech

Mar 10, 2006
fizzie, you're talking about the Seidio holster, not the Wireless Galaxy holster, right?

The bottom part of the Seidio holster more than adequately holds the phone, even with the Start/OK mods in my Seidio review. The real problem is the tab accidentally opening, as you indicated. Since the incident in my review, I have had 2 more accidental pop outs. One of them knocked my Kaiser completely out and it fell to floor. :eek: Fortunately, the floor was only a few inches away because I was under my desk messing with wires at the time. Whew!

And this whole accidental opening thing is what's so funny about all the face-in advocates (including Seidio themselves) who are opposed to my ideas of making the Seidio holster reversible. They're so obsessed with face-in protecting the screen that they refuse to even acknowledge that a few minor design changes could make the Seidio holster fully reversible. I guess the very idea of using the Seidio holster face-out is sacrilegious to them. Yet if they really want protection, they shouldn't be using a holster! I mean, let's face it, whatever could potentially press/scrape against the screen could just as easily press/scrape against the holster's tab and send the phone crashing to the floor, which would be far more damaging than a little scratch on the screen. Plus there's the wear and tear you mentioned because over half the phone is exposed.

In contrast, a leather pouch offers much better protection without the risk of accidental popout. But with leather pouches I end up accidentally pressing buttons when I'm fumbling to pull out my phone and inevitably send important calls straight to voicemail. With a holster, I don't have that problem. Plus the holster is faster on the draw--even faster than the releasable clip found on some leather/metal cases.

So ultimately what you're really getting with a holster is not protection, but convenience. Say, you know what would be really convenient? A face-out holster! Oh, great...here comes the face-in zealots with their "Face-in protects the screen" mantra. :) (In all fairness, I have to reiterate from other posts that most of the time I use my Seidio holster face-in to protect my screen, too, but also like to flip my phone face-out for accessibility.)

Crazy Turk

Dec 7, 2007
fizzie, you're talking about the Seidio holster, not the Wireless Galaxy holster, right?

The bottom part of the Seidio holster more than adequately holds the phone, even with the Start/OK mods in my Seidio review. The real problem is the tab accidentally opening, as you indicated. Since the incident in my review, I have had 2 more accidental pop outs. One of them knocked my Kaiser completely out and it fell to floor. :eek: Fortunately, the floor was only a few inches away because I was under my desk messing with wires at the time. Whew!

And this whole accidental opening thing is what's so funny about all the face-in advocates (including Seidio themselves) who are opposed to my ideas of making the Seidio holster reversible. They're so obsessed with face-in protecting the screen that they refuse to even acknowledge that a few minor design changes could make the Seidio holster fully reversible. I guess the very idea of using the Seidio holster face-out is sacrilegious to them. Yet if they really want protection, they shouldn't be using a holster! I mean, let's face it, whatever could potentially press/scrape against the screen could just as easily press/scrape against the holster's tab and send the phone crashing to the floor, which would be far more damaging than a little scratch on the screen. Plus there's the wear and tear you mentioned because over half the phone is exposed.

In contrast, a leather pouch offers much better protection without the risk of accidental popout. But with leather pouches I end up accidentally pressing buttons when I'm fumbling to pull out my phone and inevitably send important calls straight to voicemail. With a holster, I don't have that problem. Plus the holster is faster on the draw--even faster than the releasable clip found on some leather/metal cases.

So ultimately what you're really getting with a holster is not protection, but convenience. Say, you know what would be really convenient? A face-out holster! Oh, great...here comes the face-in zealots with their "Face-in protects the screen" mantra. :) (In all fairness, I have to reiterate from other posts that most of the time I use my Seidio holster face-in to protect my screen, too, but also like to flip my phone face-out for accessibility.)

I came to ATT from the nextel world and face-in is how all their holsters work... I like the face in idea, especially because the speaker is on the back of the phone, so it would be easier to hear with a screen in clip... I went to FRY's last night, not a single viable option for a holster... I'll have to keep looking around