Q: Need help getting sprint to recognize my phone

Search This thread

kicker07cvr

Nov 28, 2010
If someone could use the QPST software to make a backup of what the e4gt has inside the device.. since i flashed a file in the wrong slot of odin i have had so many problems.. currently my phone can make phone calls, text(no MMS) and connect to 4g but if i dont have 3g. it also says it needs to be activated yet i can still receive and make calls. i think it is something i did with qpst when i had to put the meid numbers back into the phone and somehow changed some other stuff.. you can remove any personal info(phone number, username, etc) but i just need to know what to do to get this back working properly.

i thought about using a pit file in odin but not sure if that would even help in my situation.

ok so just got finished talking to sprint and got my msid and msl back to what they were supposed to be. now i just need to figure out what else i changed in qpst. if someone could use qpst and save the file from there phone(take out msl, msid and phone number) then i could just put my information there and be good to go... PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME do this

Last edited:

fadimo305

Sep 5, 2009
Try updating profile usually any problems with connecting to the network or the I'd of your phone to the network will be fixed. I if not review your steps on what you did in qpst and try to find out what you may have changed.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Sahn-J

Jun 1, 2012
No nees to pit.

I swear I responded to this already. Hm.
What does settings/about_phone/status say your MSID is. It may be the problem. If it is not a number clise to your phones number call sprint and ask for it. They will tell you how.
Other options: a reprovision, as suggested.
##72786# is a DSA reset. It may help force a reprovision.
If all else fails, back up EVERYTHING and do a ##786# as a last resort. It will work, but has risks.
You will need your MSL for my suggestions unless you make an anycut/nova/apex activity shortcut to com.android.sprintmenu/ SCRTN (i think. Its the only one that looks like that)
Good luck

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

kicker07cvr

Nov 28, 2010
well i think my problem may be that my msl is 0000000... should i call and get the msl from sprint and then change it with qpst?

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
well i think my problem may be that my msl is 0000000... should i call and get the msl from sprint and then change it with qpst?

Thats usually the default.. i used 000000 as my msl in qpst to flash prl 11119. If not theres an app on the market and other ways to get your real msl.. the guy above was speaking about your MSID.. sometimes its the same as your number but a lot of times different.. but if your msid is wrong on the device it will cause all kinds of problems

Sahn-J

Jun 1, 2012
Thats usually the default.. i used 000000 as my msl in qpst to flash prl 11119. If not theres an app on the market and other ways to get your real msl.. the guy above was speaking about your MSID.. sometimes its the same as your number but a lot of times different.. but if your msid is wrong on the device it will cause all kinds of problems

Guess Im the odd duck, as usual... My MSL hasnt ever been close to 0 or my number. Lol

Edit: I misread you the first time.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Guess Im the odd duck, as usual... My MSL hasnt ever been close to 0 or my number. Lol

Again the person stated could be MSID.. im not talking about tye MSL.. MSID/MIN is a ten digit number.. its needed to provision the phone correctly.. if he messed up his MSID/MIN in QPST then he needs to find his and correct it..

MSL is like a SEC or sublock code needed for the device to change certain things.. default is normally 000000. If that doesnt work you need to retrieve it from the device or from sprint. I dont think he could have wrote a prl to tye device if he didnt have the correct MSL thus he probably did something else wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sahn-J

Sahn-J

Jun 1, 2012
Yeah ( i know, thats why I said he should check it. :p )

ADD: If it is MSID he could get it frim Sprint if he doesnt have it,
then, assuming a stock dialer, could ##(puthisMSL)# and enter MSID manually.

Is MSID one of the ten thousand number sequences on the box¿
I think its MAC, MEID etc

Last edited:

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Yeah ( i know, thats why I said he should check it. :p )

ADD: If it is MSID he could get it frim Sprint if he doesnt have it,
then, assuming a stock dialer, could ##(puthisMSL)# and enter MSID manually.

Is MSID one of the ten thousand number sequences on the box¿
I think its MAC, MEID etc

No.. mac and meid are on there.. msid wouldnt be because its assigned by sprint.. the meid is tied to the device.. msid/min and the telephone number are assigned by sprint.. for example if you change your telephone number your msid is likely to change but in some instances it will remain what it was before.. if people are having issues like he described first thing you would want to check is the programming of the phone.. if the phone was manually programmed (qpst in this case) he could have messed it all up lol.. thats why in the prl threads it says dont do it if your not sure what it is.. qpst has lots of tools in it.. he could have done a number of things wrong if directions werent followed to a T.. either way hope he gets it working right lol

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
You can get your correct msl mdn and msid all from logging into sprint's site and choosing to activate a new device

Sahn-J

Jun 1, 2012
You can get your correct msl mdn and msid all from logging into sprint's site and choosing to activate a new device

Good call. I'm just so used to having it all written down that I forget about the right way. Oh, so many networks... neatly written (gf..) it'll come in handy some day... for instance if someone's IP were banned and they wanted access anyway.... or something

Could you post your solution in full please for the benefit of others lke myself??? Deleted isnt really much of a solution.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

I have a samsung r720 and have never been on the cricket network before, how else could iget this info. Ive downloaded qpst but it asks for a serial which i dont have. I only have the imei number. I dont use the networks, cant i just make something up.

tbharker

Sep 28, 2012
Cracked screen--Bought replacement--Dies when I swap

I have a black SPH-D710 on Sprint. I cracked the screen, so I bought a white replacement on eBay without the battery or most of the guts.

I took the phone apart and swapped the screens and reconnected the boards and it powers up great... except that I have no service. If I connect back to the cracked screen, it powers up great and I get great service. I was hoping for a quick and dirty swap, but it seems like there must be some code in the screen-side circuit board that is foiling my attempt. I found this video [goo.gl/YNLZE -- xda won't let me post links, yet] where the guy seems to suggest that my problem is the IMEI, but I don't have the first clue about trying to find that in the old part and moving it to the new one, if that's even the problem.

Ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Again the person stated could be MSID.. im not talking about tye MSL.. MSID/MIN is a ten digit number.. its needed to provision the phone correctly.. if he messed up his MSID/MIN in QPST then he needs to find his and correct it..

MSL is like a SEC or sublock code needed for the device to change certain things.. default is normally 000000. If that doesnt work you need to retrieve it from the device or from sprint. I dont think he could have wrote a prl to tye device if he didnt have the correct MSL thus he probably did something else wrong.