[ROM] Toasted Marshmallow v1.1 DS-Port -w/AwesomeBEATS- *Team S.W.a.R.M.*

Search This thread

lifebound

Sep 21, 2012
So far everything seems to be working great, its very snappy and fast. Though i wonder which one is better suggested trebuchet or apex launcher?

Edit: Ok so far i have found some issues. Home screen customization is missing, if it ever was to be in there in the first place. The settings app crashes when accessing the storage option.

Last edited:

mattlowry

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Valley View, TX
So far everything seems to be working great, its very snappy and fast. Though i wonder which one is better suggested trebuchet or apex launcher?

Edit: Ok so far i have found some issues. Home screen customization is missing, if it ever was to be in there in the first place. The settings app crashes when accessing the storage option.

I always use apex launcher because it has more customization. Just go into apex settings

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Strapped my friend......you NEVER cease to amaze me. Thank You!! :good:

Ah its only for this ROM, Shifty Bastard uhm JellyBAM and PACman. Like I said I never did the lidnav edit so I needed to go and give em all a once over, at least the recently edited ones. The one for this ROM also has the 19 keys edited to 15 so menu should be golden.

I have some JellyBAM testing going on right now for random restarts ( I can't replicate them though ) then I'll be back to this ROM.

I'd like to also get more ICS ports going for GP I guess lol.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

CoNsPiRiSiZe

Jul 14, 2010
Roseville
Hey weekends man!
So I'm trying this one out too..I like it. But it seems to me certain settings in the awesome mods section don't work... such as center clock, am/pm style, or the signal icon tweaks. Any known bugs like this?
2u4e5ete.jpg

2y2y8y5u.jpg

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
Yeah, I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. It is most likely a bug that came over in the port itself but I WILL go back and check some things to make sure it's not me. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: CoNsPiRiSiZe

rorytmeadows

Feb 6, 2008
Charleston, SC metro area
Flashed this today. It had a number of issues, even after reflashing. Not sure if they were related to the port or the ROM itself:

Settings>Storage FCs every time
Missing Launcher settings (for Trebuchet, normally in the settings)
Changing anything in the notification drawer, including clock does not do anything
Boot animation is just plain FUGLY

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
Well, the storage FC'ing came with it to the best of my knowledge but I think the notification drawer issue is something unique to this port. (have to research that one) I didn't even realize the Launcher settings were missing. (I'll check that too) I DO have a few other animations though with less fugliness....
LOL:D
-Thanks for the heads up.....

seansc144

Jul 6, 2008
Brooklyn
Well, the storage FC'ing came with it to the best of my knowledge but I think the notification drawer issue is something unique to this port. (have to research that one) I didn't even realize the Launcher settings were missing. (I'll check that too) I DO have a few other animations though with less fugliness....
LOL:D
-Thanks for the heads up.....

Nonetheless ... Thank you for your time and efforts.:beer:;) Truthfully speaking I would have gave this phone up along time ago if it wasn't for all the work developers have put into this....

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Jesterfell

Jun 12, 2008
Miami, FL
[ROM] Toasted Marshmallow v1.1 DS-Port -w/AwesomeBEATS- *Team S.W.a.R.M.*

Hi, Weekends!

Thanks for all your work, and thank you to some great Teams for their work.

I find Toasted Marshmallow terrific: it's fast and smooth, includes many of the apps I need, and has VERY few glitches. The only problems I've found so far are very minor (at least for me). Granted, I have only been running it for a few days, but this has already become my daily driver.

I did find a few issues (that, like I said, are minor):

-- Missing the Mobile Data toggle entry from "Settings | Awesome Settings | Toggles"

-- Paranoid settings changes made to the app "Settings" do not stick. It always reverts to 160px. My tired eyes don't read the small text too well, even though I think the tablet style presentation is great.

(Is there a way I can revert to the old style of settings pagination so I can use larger text?)

On the Notification Drawer issue:
I have made no changes to the clock, but the changes I made through "Settings | System | Notification Drawer" worked for me.

I hope you continue to work on Toasted Marshmallow but, even if you don't change anything, it's going to stay my DD.

Thanks, again.

BTW: I did all the cache, system, Dalvik, etc. clearing twice (with TWRP) before flashing. Then, on first boot, I let it sit for about 10 minutes to finish the background setup work before starting to customize and install apps.

Last edited:

Jesterfell

Jun 12, 2008
Miami, FL
Re: [ROM] Toasted Marshmallow v1.1 DS-Port -w/AwesomeBEATS- *Team S.W.a.R.M.*

Are you in tablet mode? Have you tried phablet?

I'm afraid it's the same for me Matt. Nothing would stay put & I've not even come across that issue referenced anywhere on other Paranoid type ROMs. It's really smooth & a nice ROM for such a glaring issue.

Thank you, both.

I switched modes around, playing with the goodies, but did not notice much (if any) difference between Phablet and Phone mode ("Stock UI"), and the Paranoid settings stayed the same no matter what changes I made: all UIs 360px, all "size" settings 240px.

When changing modes, I did not get the SU pop-up requesting root access, like in other JB ROMs, just a toaster claiming the settings were successfully changed.

I whole-heartedly agree that it's a very smooth ROM. I haven't found any significant bad habits. The Paranoid Settings problem is perfectly acceptable, given all the good qualities of this ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeekendsR2Short

Jesterfell

Jun 12, 2008
Miami, FL
Trebuchet Preferences Workaround

... Missing Launcher settings (for Trebuchet, normally in the settings) ...

I got an app from the market called App Renamer that creates shortcuts to hidden apps; among other, more dangerous, things.

Running the app shows an entry near the bottom of the list titled "Preferences" and the service/app it refers to is "com.cyanogenmod.trebuchet.preference.Preferences" - I tapped on the shortcut-creation icon, and it put a shortcut to it on the desktop.

Tapping on that shortcut brought up the trebuchet preferences!

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

RE: Tablet Mode

I'm afraid it's the same for me Matt. Nothing would stay put & I've not even come across that issue referenced anywhere on other Paranoid type ROMs. It's really smooth & a nice ROM for such a glaring issue.

FWIW, I tried:
- "Awesome Controls | General UI | Force Tablet UI"
- and "Awesome Controls | General UI | LCD Density"
...both worked--settings changes stuck.

Last edited:

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
MAN! Thank You for that workaround! Anything like this that can be stumbled upon & shared with the rest of us is always MORE than appreciated. That deal with trebuchet had me stumped!

Awesome Controls has been working fine as far as I know/knew so it kinda kept this one up on the very usable list. I just wish I knew what was hanging it up.

Either way.....Thanks AGAIN!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *TEAM INFERNO*​

...Proudly Presents...

TOASTED MARSHMALLOW

Toasted Marshmallow is a Hybrid rom that combines 4 roms in 1. Packed with features and improvements. Tweaked to Perfection to make your HTC ONE S (and NOW your DoubleShot) run as smooth as butter. Whats included you ask? Cm10, AOKP, Paranoid Android & CodeName Droid. Every feature thats available for those roms are included in this one or will be included in the future.

This rom is packed with features ported from the MyTouch 4G and Team Inferno as well as Team S.W.a.R.M. hopes you enjoy the rom and would appreciate if you would drop by the Original One S Thread and drop a big Thank You in the box for ...Awesome... & Klin1344 for their work on the original ROM and permission to share it with you. With that being said I present you guys

TOASTED MARSHMALLOW v1.1 DS-Port

.....With Soft KB Repaired - 1/14/2013.....

GAPPS

Soft Keyboard Fix

Inactive Menu Key Fix

***Developers***

Team Kang (Rom Features)
    Team Inferno (All The Support)
    Cyanogen (Inspiration)
    CyanogenMod10 (Rom Features)
    Klin1344 (PacMan Rom As Base & Superb Kernel)
    Koush (Rom Manager and Being Such A Great Host To My Roms)
    CodeName Android (Rom Features)
    Paranoid Android (Rom Features)
    Google AOSP (Rom Features)
    ChainFire (SU Root Priveleges App)
    ToryHeal (Graphics)
    Amarullz (Aroma Installation)
    JaeKar99 (Custom BootAnimation)

LAST UPDATE---->Menu Key Fix---->1/14/2013

**FEATURES**

JB 4.1.2
    SMS/MMS
    Pop Up Features
    Emoji
    T9 Dialer
    Navigation Bar
    GPS/ Maps Navigation
    Sound
    Calling
    Touchscreen
    3G/4G Connectivity/Indicator
    Gmail sync
    Google Music
    Calendar sync
    Facebook sync
    All sensors
    Bluetooth
    Headphones
    Google Contacts Backup/Restore
    Navigation Bar
    Data usage tracker
    Video streaming and playback
    Genius Button
    Full 3D HW acceleration
    Awesome Settings
    Flash Player
    AwesomeBeats
    All Games Playable
    No Downloading Errors From Market
    Google Now
    Alot More......

PLEASE PERFORM A FULL WIPE BEFORE YOU CONTINUE

WIPED DATA/FACTORY RESET
    WIPED CACHE PARTITION
    WIPED DALVIK CACHE
    FORMATTED /SYSTEM

PLEASE be patient as this ROM takes over 60 seconds to boot thru the animation.
    Also, allow a minimum of 5 minutes rest time for your DS to settle in before use.

ENJOY!!!!

Brought to you by

Team S.W.a.R.M.
    great to see my fellow Teammate's work ported around XDA, very nice job guys! :)

-Team Inferno
    I'll take me a spot here if you don't mind. :D. Good stuff man. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: oh and after its downloaded i will patch the framework if need be, I have the time

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
    This ROM definitely needs an update before public release. I'd consider this an alpha until fixes.

most bugs are from the original rom. and you are at it again i see..........