[AROMA] Backup & Restore Kernel V1.0

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BACKUP & RESTORE YOUR KERNEL

Tool by hnkotnis

Version Alpha RC1

Hello again! We have tools to backup kernel (chamatht's method) and restore it (faqbly's method),
    But there is not any SINGLE TOOL to do both. So I thought Aroma by Amarullz would be the
    one stop solution for that. CWM cannot backup Kernel. I know Madteam's can do but it cannot restore it. Also taking whole NANDROID backup just for a less than 8 MiB file is crazy idea.

I worked on it from afternoon and at evening I present it to the developer's community.

This tool can do both backup and restore of kernel.

Tested and working on -
    1) Stock Kernel,
    2) Hell's Fusion #50,
    3) Kuro's Kernel.

Screenshots -
    Only Backup Screenshots uploaded, restore are similar.
    View attachment 2521817 View attachment 2521818 View attachment 2521819 View attachment 2521820

Instructions-
    1) Put zip in root of SD Card and flash with CWM.
    2) Choose language, Theme for the process.
    3) Next agree the T&C
    4) In next screen, there are 4 options -
    a) Backup/Restore.
    b) System Info (I am still wondering why I added this anyway :D)
    c) Changelog
    d) Quit without doing any backup/restore.

Credits-
    amarullz for his amazing Aroma Installer.
    Myself hnkotnis for creating this thing.
    You for using this and (If applicable) pressing the Thanks button :p :laugh:

Please report how it works in comments and if you have any suggetions, send me a PM.
    Reserved

Reserved
    Good work op....
    thumbup bro
    Its 10:41 PM here dude. My mother would kill me if I go to computer at this time. I will post good images tomorrow by that method.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
    Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands :D

the joys of me being an adult lol - i'll see if I can do it for you

edit - unfortunatly ADB is not working in recovery mode in windows 8.1 - works fine when the phone is booted but it keeps disconnecting in recovery mode so adb cant find a connection - If I cant find a solution you will have to do it when you get time
    Its 10:41 PM here dude. My mother would kill me if I go to computer at this time. I will post good images tomorrow by that method.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction using xda-app
    Using CWM........Busybox Commands........No I use my hands :D

Well I shared an app (or rather a mod) in themes and apps section.It was ADB screenshot or something like that.Download it and take the SS wjth that.