Mms on Wi-Fi??

Search This thread

jjlean

May 9, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
I can't send mms on Wi-Fi. Anyone know how to get this working?

I also have been trying to turn off the voice when I get calls that reads out the callers name. Any idea about where you can turn off that feature?

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

danpaganelli

Apr 18, 2009
No one else? :)

I have this problem but only with MMS originating from certain iPhones.

I was reading online and I get the feeling this is a problem with carrier/iPhone settings and not the s5 so there might not be a way to fix it.

Might try disabling automatic download of MMS and try downloading it manually after turning wi-fi off as a temporary solution

jjlean

May 9, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
Yea it works on regular data. I just was wondering if anyone else could not send on wifi of anyone knew how to turn off the call voice announcement.

Maybe a bug u say?

Zamdam1

Mar 4, 2011
Can everyone send mms over wifi only just fine ?

I have the same issue.. Doesnt matter if i use the stock messaging app or hangouts.. and if im on edge i get the message that says click here to download the message from the person who sent a group message.. Instead it going to the group thread.

I wonder if its a T-Mobile thing or what? I dont remember having this issue with the M8..

jjlean

May 9, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
I have tried it with WiFi calling off and with it on. Still no dice.

Then it won't send. I called to and they said it must be my phone or a provisioning issue. I have had two different gs5 and they both wouldn't work. I'm sure it's provisioning

Zamdam1

Mar 4, 2011
Then it won't send. I called to and they said it must be my phone or a provisioning issue. I have had two different gs5 and they both wouldn't work. I'm sure it's provisioning

Yep.. Go get a new SIM card. That's what fixed mine when I was having issues with group messaging not being an option under messages.

jjlean

May 9, 2009
Colorado Springs, CO
Ok I went to the tmobile store. Make sure you are using a SIM with ISIS. I have a new one and now it works. I do have to be connected to WiFi calling though.

Reactions: secure_6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok I went to the tmobile store. Make sure you are using a SIM with ISIS. I have a new one and now it works. I do have to be connected to WiFi calling though.

WiFi MMS/SMS has been unreliable for me anyways, so consider this a favor. I have texting fever (girlfriend) and sometimes she won't get my messages for hours, then suddenly she'll get spammed with them. Also, it'll alert me I have an MMS but won't let me download it

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    Found that using allianceROM v1 kltetmo (t mobile variant) and using the stock messaging app, wifi mms works fine, however when using hangouts, mms over wifi is a no go.

Solution was to use the stock messaging app on that rom.

PS > project infinity rom has solved the issue in the latest release as well.

:)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk