Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped

Search This thread

L0RDV0LDEM0RT

Aug 17, 2012
Hello,
Just started happening about 4 days ago, this message will pop up when im actually using the cell like internet, etc. ive googled and seen the threads on here with pple using rooted or mod and also not specific to my phone. My phone is Mobilicity and I havent changed it, its all stock; and 6 days ago i reset to factory default. I dont mind doing another reset but its quite annoying like when scrolling through and it stops, i have to wait 5 seconds for the message "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped", and click OK; then a few minutes later it does the same thing.
I also have that message bug, says i have messages when i clearly dont.

For your consideration,

L0RDV0LDEM0RT

Aug 17, 2012

Factory reset
Wipe cache
Wipe Dalvik cache
Fix permissions

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

alright well tonite, or tomorrow; i will do the factory reset, but doesnt that automatically wipe cache? i dont know what is dalvick cache, and for fixing permissions what permissions? and do i do all this in order?
thanx for replying

oilfighter

Nov 17, 2005
alright well tonite, or tomorrow; i will do the factory reset, but doesnt that automatically wipe cache? i dont know what is dalvick cache, and for fixing permissions what permissions? and do i do all this in order?
thanx for replying

Read my comment on disabling sync internet. Do that first before you go all out and wipe everything. I had the same issue. It might work for you too.

L0RDV0LDEM0RT

Aug 17, 2012

go into settings, accounts, locate your google account, turn off Sync Internet

so this is what i did first, ill see if this one works, and if not ill do the other fellows suggestion.

Also thanks for replying, it's starting to get on my nerves.

what about the message bug is that fixable? when i have no messages but the message icon says i have anywhere from 1 to 4; changes

L0RDV0LDEM0RT

Aug 17, 2012
disabling internet sync

so this is what i did first, ill see if this one works,

and if not ill do the other fellows suggestion.

Also thanks for replying, it's starting to get on my nerves.

what about the message bug is that fixable? when i have no messages but the message icon says i have anywhere from 1 to 4; changes

Disabling sync worked much thanx!

kw5655

Sep 28, 2012
I know this is an old post but it is still helping. Cured my Galaxy 10.1 tablet from the notices. Thanks.:good:

So glad I found this thread. I started having this problem on my Galaxy Note 10.1 out of the blue, then it started on my Note II phone.

So I unchecked sync internet. We will see.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Yep, turning off sync did the trick.:good:

Morkeyz

Jan 12, 2013
Thanks

Thank you guys. I've been having the same issue with my rooted galaxy s 3. Appreciate the help :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    go into settings, accounts, locate your google account, turn off Sync Internet
    easier method

settings> applications> ALL> (scroll to the very bottom) click Download Manager> enable