GPS radio replacement?

Search This thread

siskiou

May 22, 2011
Can this be bought anywhere?
My note 3 is working great, except the GPS. From what I've read, the newer radio versions do a better job, and I've compared my phone's gps performance to newer ones in the stores, and it seems to be true.

My phone is still under Samsung warranty, but I don't want to send it in, and possibly receive a refurb with more problems.

I've opened up a friend's note 3 to replace the front camera and sensors, and it was straight forward and easy to do.

But I can't find a gps radio replacement anywhere.

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
Can this be bought anywhere?
My note 3 is working great, except the GPS. From what I've read, the newer radio versions do a better job, and I've compared my phone's gps performance to newer ones in the stores, and it seems to be true.

My phone is still under Samsung warranty, but I don't want to send it in, and possibly receive a refurb with more problems.

I've opened up a friend's note 3 to replace the front camera and sensors, and it was straight forward and easy to do.

But I can't find a gps radio replacement anywhere.

There are teardown vids on YouTube but since you already have opened up the Phone then you should already be familiar with the phone and just be able to replace it as well. Everything in the phone is modular. So unless the GPS is soddered onto the the main board, you should be able to just swap it out. The only thing being if you get a newer GPS, you may not have the correct firmware to either operate it or if it works you may just have the same issue being on your current firmware.

Since you can't find one anywhere, that leads me to think it may be part of the main board.