Htc One confirmed date

Search This thread

cbrown245

Aug 21, 2010
Cleveland
With Verizon edge, you have to at least pay for half of the device , so for instance you get the one and pay 6 months and decide to get a new device you trade your device and get the new device . But if you pay the 12 months you get to keep it , so you can upgrade twice a year if you want. Edge starts Aug first as does same time the one is supposed to drop , just food for thought guys .

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
or just do what i do and keep unlimited by pushing upgrades off on my wife and mother in laws lines (tiered lines) and then just swapping in my sim

mcampos7

Jan 29, 2009
The OC
or just do what i do and keep unlimited by pushing upgrades off on my wife and mother in laws lines (tiered lines) and then just swapping in my sim

Doing the same, or just opening a new line, then throw a dumb phone on it. Hence my 6 yr old daughter having a cell. Only cost $10 extra per month. Can be suspended too... Going to open another line for the One, take advantage of edge on that line, and then throw the one back on that number when I get tired of it. No way am I upgrading my line, love my unlimited, don't necessarily need it, but I sure as hell want it. Only way I wont get the one is if V only offers a 16 gig model. Not enough room, **** cloud, that's for backups. Hoping for at least a 32 gig option, if not then I'll probably go elsewhere.... We'll see, keep checking for specs every day...... Of course nothing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium App

typeriz

Dec 10, 2007
Deleted

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
So confused!

Well I went by the AT&T store to play with the phone. Only confirmed even more how much I want it lol. So I drove to my nearest Verizon retailer and got some pretty disheartening news from an employee! Lemme play out how our conversation went:

I asked the guy if he gets a lot of questions about the HTC One; he said no, and before I could ask he told me they weren't getting it there. This is the store in West Monroe, LA, I don't know the store number though. I said, "oh so not this store? Maybe in Monroe?" And he said that he meant they're not getting it at all. Verizon passed up the opportunity for the phone because "It's an ok phone. The only good thing about the phone is the front facing speakers." I told him that feature was one of the main selling points for me, and reminded him that it is one of the top rated smartphones of this year! He said if the speakers intrigue me I should just buy an external speaker to hook up to my phone. And then he told me that the last time he checked his product line up 4-5 weeks ago the phone wasn't listed. I said, "what about a chance of a Droid variant? Like what happened with the Butterfly turning into the DNA? Is that a possibility?" And he said no to that too. He told me if they do decide to get the phone it would be a last minute thing they'd spring onto the employees and that a major reason why they're not getting it is compatibility issues. I said I understood the differences between radio bands but the phone already passed through FCC.

I told him if they get it Thursday I'm marching up there and rubbing it in his face and letting him know he needs better training lol. He said "please do." So either he's lying, he's misinformed, he's lying because he's misinformed, or he's obviously biased against the phone. Either Verizon keeps their employees in the dark to cover up leaks and rumors, or the employees are not getting the proper amount of training time for these phones, or someone is lying/misinformed. I told him about the Verizon facebook page and twitter and how they confirm the phone is coming but he said he doesn't know about it coming Thursday.

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
I think he was a misinformed employee. Whether the 1st or 15th. I'll put money that their getting it. Or he wanted you to buy something then for commission

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
Anyone who buys into Verizon JUMP has earned my sympathy. It's a complete and utter scam, and it's in black and white, too. Don't let marketing terms throw you off. If you want a new phone every 6 months, either buy it outright or go over to T-Mobile and use their JUMP plan.

ickedmel

Jul 10, 2010
HTC one is a very nice awesome phone but we are like the last carrier to get it when it does come out which is when august 1st soooooo why would I go out buy this phone 2 months or less there will be another phone like the Motorola or whatever. I mean that's always going to be the case I'm just not interested we're the last ones to get this.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

cstrife999

Jun 18, 2010
Hermitage
Well I went by the AT&T store to play with the phone. Only confirmed even more how much I want it lol. So I drove to my nearest Verizon retailer and got some pretty disheartening news from an employee! Lemme play out how our conversation went:

I asked the guy if he gets a lot of questions about the HTC One; he said no, and before I could ask he told me they weren't getting it there. This is the store in West Monroe, LA, I don't know the store number though. I said, "oh so not this store? Maybe in Monroe?" And he said that he meant they're not getting it at all. Verizon passed up the opportunity for the phone because "It's an ok phone. The only good thing about the phone is the front facing speakers." I told him that feature was one of the main selling points for me, and reminded him that it is one of the top rated smartphones of this year! He said if the speakers intrigue me I should just buy an external speaker to hook up to my phone. And then he told me that the last time he checked his product line up 4-5 weeks ago the phone wasn't listed. I said, "what about a chance of a Droid variant? Like what happened with the Butterfly turning into the DNA? Is that a possibility?" And he said no to that too. He told me if they do decide to get the phone it would be a last minute thing they'd spring onto the employees and that a major reason why they're not getting it is compatibility issues. I said I understood the differences between radio bands but the phone already passed through FCC.

I told him if they get it Thursday I'm marching up there and rubbing it in his face and letting him know he needs better training lol. He said "please do." So either he's lying, he's misinformed, he's lying because he's misinformed, or he's obviously biased against the phone. Either Verizon keeps their employees in the dark to cover up leaks and rumors, or the employees are not getting the proper amount of training time for these phones, or someone is lying/misinformed. I told him about the Verizon facebook page and twitter and how they confirm the phone is coming but he said he doesn't know about it coming Thursday.

That's one uninformed employee... Verizon already confirmed 100% they are getting it...

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Shahaed

May 4, 2010
Anyone who buys into Verizon JUMP has earned my sympathy. It's a complete and utter scam, and it's in black and white, too. Don't let marketing terms throw you off. If you want a new phone every 6 months, either buy it outright or go over to T-Mobile and use their JUMP plan.

Yeah no kidding. Big Red has awesome coverage but are terrible at everything else. I want to switch so bad. But in Iowa, Verizon & US cellular are the only names in LTE. And I'm never going to us cellular...

I know, right? It really makes me weary of going up there to buy it...might just skip them altogether and do the process online so he doesn't feed me anymore bs lol

No buy it there. Make sure he's working. And buy it from someone else in front of him. He deserves it...

Jul 29, 2013
Yeah no kidding. Big Red has awesome coverage but are terrible at everything else. I want to switch so bad. But in Iowa, Verizon & US cellular are the only names in LTE. And I'm never going to us cellular...

No buy it there. Make sure he's working. And buy it from someone else in front of him. He deserves it...

Haha you're totally right, that would really show him! And same here for me, I'm in a dead zone for every other carrier other than verizon so I'm stuck even if I wanted to switch...AT&T doesn't get LTE, only 4G at best but call quality is horrible, and with sprint and t mobile I get 2G coverage at best :/ I was considering buying it unlocked and putting in a Straight Talk sim but I'm confused on whether it would use Tmo's spotty coverage since they're with straight talk or if it would use att's coverage...ah well, here's hoping I can just get it on Thursday :)

Shahaed

May 4, 2010
Haha you're totally right, that would really show him! And same here for me, I'm in a dead zone for every other carrier other than verizon so I'm stuck even if I wanted to switch...AT&T doesn't get LTE, only 4G at best but call quality is horrible, and with sprint and t mobile I get 2G coverage at best :/ I was considering buying it unlocked and putting in a Straight Talk sim but I'm confused on whether it would use Tmo's spotty coverage since they're with straight talk or if it would use att's coverage...ah well, here's hoping I can just get it on Thursday :)

Haha, we probably sound really snobby right now. However, I worked at Best Buy in high school. One of the first rules was not to patronize the customer. At the end of the day I was a High School kid working at Best Buy, and the guy I'm selling to might have invented the damn thing I'm selling.

Jul 29, 2013
rldoEu the

Haha, we probably sound really snobby right now. However, I worked at Best Buy in high school. One of the first rules was not to patronize the customer. At the end of the day I was a High School kid working at Best Buy, and the guy I'm selling to might have invented the damn thing I'm selling.

I agree. I won't be outright mean to the kid but I will make sure it is ONE sale he won't get commissioned for :) Haha, see what I did there? ;) When I do go up there it will be mostly out of curiosity - I'm curious to find out if he was purposely lying or in fact wasn't aware of it at all due to lack of training ahead of time. He didn't push me once to buy something else in store, so he seemed genuinely innocently ignorant lol. Or a good liar haha. But he will know it's things like that that could push potential buyers into the stores of other carriers. I could have easily left because of him (but I would never give up my LTE lol). Maybe it will teach him further conversational techniques for the future :)

rogerwalker22

Sep 15, 2008
Tampa, FL
I still have yet to find anything confirming this. How do you know August 15th?

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

I just went to verizonwireless.com. if you click shop, smartphones, then select htc the DNA is not listed there anymore. Just yesterday I know it was but said out of stock....

rogerwalker22

Sep 15, 2008
Tampa, FL
Well here's all the confirmation I need =]

Attachments

• htcone.jpg
    htcone.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 295

abrego47

May 11, 2012
I was checking Verizon also, and no DNA in stock.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

BBEgo

Sep 14, 2011
Will the current Moonshine S-off method likely work on the Verizon HTC One?

Sent from my HTC DNA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Droid Life is hearing August 15...

so all but confirmed now for the 1st is quite unconfirmed
    Source?

The htc one has been confirmed by Verizon for Aug 1st (or week of). It's about time if you ask me but I'm happy it's coming. Mainly for what it means in development for our DNA now that that's a similar phone and it's cdma. Although ido wish i could u upgrade to this im content with my dna. What do you think of it? Anyone plan on switching?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Where is your source for this confirmation? Everywhere I've read says that Aug. 1st is only a rumored date because of the road map leak which has been, for the most part, false so far. Do you have updated official news from Verizon I don't know about?
    I love this logic.
    I think I'll justify paying more to someone over a year instead of paying for it outright.

Makes perfect sense to me.

I'll stick with my logic.

If you can't pay cash, you can't afford it.

josh995, this is not directed at you personally.

Sent from my Nexus 10

I'm glad it's not directed at me, because I can afford it. I buy new phones, outright, quite often. I just think it's nice to be able to not have to pay up front if I don't have to. It's essentially zero interest financing. I have a 0% interest auto loan. Does that mean I can't afford my car? Or my 2.25% mortgage on my house. Does that mean I can't afford my house?

I'm not trying to say this in a mean way, but to say that people who don't pay cash for things can't afford what they're buying is completely inaccurate.

And, it doesn't cost more to pay over time with Verizon Edge. No interest, no upgrade fees. Just the price of the phone, divided into 24 payments.
    I have to disagree. I plan on using Verizon Edge. But I have different circumstances.

I always buy my phones outright, to avoid contracts. With Verizon Edge, it just allows me to spread the payments out over 24 months, saving me money in the short term.

If it turns out I want to upgrade my phone after 6 months, or even 12 months, I'll just pay off the total remaining balance, sell the phone, and then go and get a new phone with Edge.

I'm bummed the One got pushed back to the 15th, but I'm currently using an iPhone 5 so it's not like I don't have a phone. Can't wait for the Verizon HTC One though!

Buying phones outright is always the best. However having to pay a payment system built for subsidized phones phones sucks.
    Buying phones outright is always the best. However having to pay a payment system built for subsidized phones phones sucks.

*Buying phones outright is the best for people who can afford it.

Some of us simply can't afford paying $600 all at once for a new phone, and Verizon Edge/T-Mobile Jump are exploiting that market, which I believe is a great move business-wise. I know in the long run you'd be paying more for the device, but I personally don't care and would gladly hop on Edge in order to get a better device if mine kicked the bucket or I get bored with the DNA even if it was for a few more dollars than what the phone is worth.