Is my battery fried?

Search This thread

ipclark1

Oct 29, 2007
Battery issue-seems to be unique. Didn't get phone extremely wet but it was being used in a bit of light rain yesterday when this issue surfaced. Phone died at some point in my pocket on the way into office from car. Set it to charge and, since then, i get flashing orange light with the battery/lightning bolt indicator-in perpetuity . Tried messing with all kinds of button combinations on and off charger and nothing has changed-flashing orange light w/battery indicator (empty-no green or percentage). Phone doesn't even seem to heat up even after hours on charger. Any help would be greatly appreciated, my m7 getting to feel extremely dated on day two.

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
Battery issue-seems to be unique. Didn't get phone extremely wet but it was being used in a bit of light rain yesterday when this issue surfaced. Phone died at some point in my pocket on the way into office from car. Set it to charge and, since then, i get flashing orange light with the battery/lightning bolt indicator-in perpetuity . Tried messing with all kinds of button combinations on and off charger and nothing has changed-flashing orange light w/battery indicator (empty-no green or percentage). Phone doesn't even seem to heat up even after hours on charger. Any help would be greatly appreciated, my m7 getting to feel extremely dated on day two.

Try holding power volume up and down for 2 minutes. It's supposed to reset the battery charge logic

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint

Any update?

ipclark1

Oct 29, 2007
Was Mia awhile- thanks I'm trying now!

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
Kind of an old.trick but a good one,
Go to: data/system
Delete: batterystats.bin
Plug in phone and let battery charge (if it will)
When battery is fully charged dont un plug your phone, go to data/system again and delete batterystats.bin again. Reboot your phone.
When the light turns green again then unplug the phone. This is basically a manual reset for batterystats.

ipclark1

Oct 29, 2007
Would love to try this but I can't boot into recovery whatsoever- almost a month later and I'm still stuck with: empty battery charging emblem and a flashing red light in perpituity

ipclark1

Oct 29, 2007
Update: after giving up. Plugged in and got exclamation point with battery emblem and phone boots fine - BUT second unplugged from power source it dies. ...

ipclark1

Oct 29, 2007
Phone will work fine as long as its plugged in the second it comes off the charger I get this image on the screen The image I get on screen when plugged in looks like the first image and when the phone is plugged in and working when I go to the Power Tab that's the second image screenshot :

Attachments

• 1412825496613.jpg
    1412825496613.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,668
Last edited:

ipclark1

Oct 29, 2007
I appreciate the advice- this would be my second exchange in a year so Im tentative to take it in and TEP( or whatever its current equivalent is) seems to get more restrictions/rules every year. Phone will work now if its plugged in but the second it loses connection with external power source -dies immediately.

ipclark1

Oct 29, 2007
I appreciate the advice- this would be my second exchange in a year so Im tentative to take it in and TEP( or whatever its current equivalent is) seems to get more restrictions/rules every year. Phone will work now if its plugged in but the second it loses connection with external power source -dies immediately.

Update: phone worked plugged in and after about a month it started taking a charge again....then it stopped all of a sudden again and I got the empty battery symbol with a flashing orange light for the charging signal. Bummer. If Any new light has been shed on others with battery issues- I'm all ears. TY

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium HD app

dorgonfu

Apr 21, 2015

I had a similar issue plugging it into my PC via USB and waiting for the light to remain solid before powering it on seemed to work