[Q] MDM restricted
UNIT : Samsung SIII SHV - E210K
Originally Posted by cynosure4sure View Post
MDM is a program for security... like for people working in Samsung electronics.... so if a Samsung employee sold his phone he may have this and forgot to uninstall it......
it can be solved by doing a hard factory reset... from recovery
or simply erase and re-flash rom
it is not a serious problem don't worry your phone is perfectly fine it is just a software inconvenience
Sent from my SHV-E210K using xda app-developers app
1. Camera, when you clicked on camera it shuts down and says "Security Policy resrticts the use of Camera"
2. Memory Card - Micro SD is mounted but when booted you can't see the icon on My Files also you can't browse the contents of the memory card but when in download mode / restore mode it reads it.
3. Bluetooth - Icon or setting is there but when you click it on it does not turn into green or won't turn on.
4. On the Drop down menu there's a notification that says "Please install MDM" - i tried installing MDM but when the app is installed it prompts for a "company site code"
Possible Solutions that already tried
1. Restored the phone to it's original state on Device Recovery Mode (Factory Reset) nothing happened
2. Flashed a custom rom (OCHIE ROM) but still the "Please install MDM" on the drop down prompts it and same issues, Cam+MMC+BT restricted
3. Flashed custom kernel (Berzebb), nothing happened "Please install MDM" on the drop down prompts it and same issues, Cam+MMC+BT restricted
4. Tried to locate the Application that restricts the use of the following features by using Titanium Backup PRO and was able to locate 1 app that says DM manager, tried to kill the app using Titanium backup and was able to remove the notification "Please install MDM" on the drop down menu but still same problem Cam+MMC+BT restricted.
** Anyone who can suggest remedies please post on this thread. you're reply would be greatly appreciated. Please help..!!!...**