YouTube Stars *****

Search This thread

TweakMyDevice

What's up Xda :cool:

I put together this little app to aggregate feeds from some of the most-subscribed YouTube channels.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.youtube.stars&feature=search_result

UPDATE 10-19-2011:

- Added feed for XdaTV!

--------------------------------

PHP:
Love to watch the hottest, newest YouTube videos as soon as they are posted? YouTube Stars for Android will keep you up-to-date with content as it is released, no need to even go search for it!!!
Some of the most-subscribed YouTube channels are included:
- RiotGamesInc
- RayWilliamJohnson
- ShaneDawsonTV
- Nigahiga
- smosh
- freddiew
- EpicMealTime
- collegehumor
- MysteryGuitarMan
- FPSRussia
- Xdadevelopers
How does the YouTube Stars app make life easier for you?
- Sort by All, Latest, Unread, or "Starred"
- "Star" your favorites and view them in a separate list
- Narrow down the content by choosing to view one channel at a time
- Quickly play videos with one tap from within their listing
- Search within the app to find specific content
- Share content you like with your friends
- Choose to be notified in your top bar as new content is posted
- Toggle Fullscreen on/off
- Configure the Settings menu to make the app fit your preferences
- Tap a link to see more content related to a certain genre of video

Grab it from the Market for FREE!

PS: This Free version includes 11 set feeds, but a paid version is available now on the Market for only $0.99 that allows you to add/remove feeds to customize the app to your tastes!

Attachments

• com.youtube.stars.rar
    647.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Reactions: alroger and manosv

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
It works rather well on the Transformer, played with settings for a bit, did a quick search...
I was thinking that maybe a front page would be a good idea with the channels only. Basically, when i opened the app, I was presented with a home screen that had 275 videos! Why don't you change home to 10 tiles, one for each channel, so that users can go into each channel without getting cross eyed looking for the latest video of their favorite star? Also, and this is only a suggestion, but why not make 1 of the 10 channels editable in the free version? Up to you, but some flexibility never hurt anyone

Last suggestion, see if you can do some integration with Vevo... remember that tons of people use Youtube simply for music videos, most of which are owned by Vevo.

Other than that, good job!

TweakMyDevice

It works rather well on the Transformer, played with settings for a bit, did a quick search...
I was thinking that maybe a front page would be a good idea with the channels only. Basically, when i opened the app, I was presented with a home screen that had 275 videos! Why don't you change home to 10 tiles, one for each channel, so that users can go into each channel without getting cross eyed looking for the latest video of their favorite star? Also, and this is only a suggestion, but why not make 1 of the 10 channels editable in the free version? Up to you, but some flexibility never hurt anyone

Last suggestion, see if you can do some integration with Vevo... remember that tons of people use Youtube simply for music videos, most of which are owned by Vevo.

Other than that, good job!

Thanks egz!

Use the "Source" tab at the bottom to narrow down the content to a particular channel. Unfortunately each artist has their own Vevo channel, and Vevo beat me to that app :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's up Xda :cool:

I put together this little app to aggregate feeds from some of the most-subscribed YouTube channels.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.youtube.stars&feature=search_result

UPDATE 10-19-2011:

- Added feed for XdaTV!

--------------------------------

PHP:
    Love to watch the hottest, newest YouTube videos as soon as they are posted? YouTube Stars for Android will keep you up-to-date with content as it is released, no need to even go search for it!!!
    Some of the most-subscribed YouTube channels are included:
    - RiotGamesInc
    - RayWilliamJohnson
    - ShaneDawsonTV
    - Nigahiga
    - smosh
    - freddiew
    - EpicMealTime
    - collegehumor
    - MysteryGuitarMan
    - FPSRussia
    - Xdadevelopers
    How does the YouTube Stars app make life easier for you?
    - Sort by All, Latest, Unread, or "Starred"
    - "Star" your favorites and view them in a separate list
    - Narrow down the content by choosing to view one channel at a time
    - Quickly play videos with one tap from within their listing
    - Search within the app to find specific content
    - Share content you like with your friends
    - Choose to be notified in your top bar as new content is posted
    - Toggle Fullscreen on/off
    - Configure the Settings menu to make the app fit your preferences
    - Tap a link to see more content related to a certain genre of video

Grab it from the Market for FREE!

PS: This Free version includes 11 set feeds, but a paid version is available now on the Market for only $0.99 that allows you to add/remove feeds to customize the app to your tastes!