Spigen is making red cases!

Search This thread

Alex1123

Sep 12, 2010
Spigen is making all their nexus 5 cases available in red soon and honestly they look really nice, just thought i would share
Capture.PNG

http://www.spigen.com/brands/google/nexus-5.html

Last edited:
Reactions: FunDionysus

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
This looks pretty nice. But I would only get it if I had the red Nexus 5 though...I can't see a reason to get a red case for a black phone.

boothbrave

Jan 17, 2014
Bright Red? How bright we talking about I wonder? There's Crimson Red for other phones they make so I guess brighter then that.

Something to match the colour tone of the Red Nexus 5 I assume.

Reactions: Noriega813

FunDionysus

Feb 12, 2014
Happy I saw this thread.

So the question is which to get?
Ultra Fit
Ultra Hybrid
Neo Hybrid
Slim Armor

And do any of these work with Spigen screen protectors?

stevemw

Apr 1, 2007
Bailey's Crossroads
Can we buy just the frames?

I wanted the silver but amazon had the gold one for $13.99 so went with the gold.
Gotta say I really LOVE this bumper, the back feel is so smooth...can't stop touching it sometimes :D

Neo Hybrid. I thought at the beginning I'd get the slate gray base and later just buy the metal bumpers but Spigen does not seem to be offering the bumpers alone.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Happy I saw this thread.

So the question is which to get?
Ultra Fit
Ultra Hybrid
Neo Hybrid
Slim Armor

And do any of these work with Spigen screen protectors?

The Ultra Fit comes with the Chrystal Shell screen protector.

Last edited:

Alex1123

Sep 12, 2010
I emailed them asking about just buying a separate frame I myself have a gold neo hybrid because it was cheaper (on amazon) lol and love it the color is okay, it definitely will get a bit of attention with the neo hybrid and people asking if its the phone itself or a case, anyways I'm hoping they'll reply soon, others should email them and ask if they could sell just the frames and see if you guys get a response

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BIG-bone

Feb 22, 2011
S V N • D X E G O
Neo Hybrid. I thought at the beginning I'd get the slate gray base and later just buy the metal bumpers but Spigen does not seem to be offering the bumpers alone.

I emailed them asking about just buying a separate frame I myself have a gold neo hybrid because it was cheaper (on amazon) lol and love it the color is okay, it definitely will get a bit of attention with the neo hybrid and people asking if its the phone itself or a case, anyways I'm hoping they'll reply soon, others should email them and ask if they could sell just the frames and see if you guys get a response

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Literally searched high and low to find just the metal frame bumpers, but couldn't find none for our Nexus 5's. Did find some for iPhone 4-5S and Galaxy S4. I also emailed them if they could sell us just the frames for our N5's since they sell them for 5 other devices, waiting for reply.

casperhomme

Dec 11, 2007
Are those bumpers really metal? I thought they are just plastic... No?

Edit: I meant those bumpers in neo hybrids

gitanshu

Mar 9, 2012
Los Angeles
Need a case for my Red Nexus 5. How does Red ultra hybrid look? Does the color match the nexus color, since its only red on sides and back is transparent? Also is it rubber-like or plastic?

Or is it better to go for a clear ultra hybrid?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ordered the Red Neo Hybrid yesterday. Have the other three colors. The Neo Hybrid is a great bumper case.
    Just arrived today... Its borderline orange. Calling it "bright red" isn't misleading, but also leaves it open to interpretation. The photos from Spigen make it look to be a cherry red rather than an orange/red.

Edit: I'll post some more photos later today and try to edit them so the color of the case renders correctly on the N5 screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Spigen is making all their nexus 5 cases available in red soon and honestly they look really nice, just thought i would share
    Capture.PNG

http://www.spigen.com/brands/google/nexus-5.html
    Bright Red? How bright we talking about I wonder? There's Crimson Red for other phones they make so I guess brighter then that.

Something to match the colour tone of the Red Nexus 5 I assume.
    Just arrived today... Its borderline orange. Calling it "bright red" isn't misleading, but also leaves it open to interpretation. The photos from Spigen make it look to be a cherry red rather than an orange/red.

Edit: I'll post some more photos later today and try to edit them so the color of the case renders correctly on the N5 screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I agree it's not the vibrant red they have pictured. I also think it's just a stock photo they probably whipped up until they got an actual red nexus in their hands.

Have you seen the red nexus? It's nowhere near the vibrant red google has pictured on their site.

Spigen probably got the phone, adjusted the color and not the stock photo. If I had to guess.