[Q] Thinking about getting a G2... thoughts?

Search This thread

Kutusov

Jan 12, 2011
Hi, I hope it is ok to post this question here....

So I drowned my HTC One X today and, looking at prices, I came across the G2 which isn't all that much more expensive than the discontinued HTC. I guess that's because there's the new G3 but that one is way too big for me.

What are you general thoughts on this phone, are there problems I should know about, hardware of LG support wise? I never owned an LG mobile before nor do I think I know anyone that does. Also, and I swear I tried to google all this stuff out before posting, but is the international version of the phone the AT&T one?

Cheers!

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver

So I drowned my HTC One X today and, looking at prices, I came across the G2 which isn't all that much more expensive than the discontinued HTC. I guess that's because there's the new G3 but that one is way too big for me.

What are you general thoughts on this phone, are there problems I should know about, hardware of LG support wise? I never owned an LG mobile before nor do I think I know anyone that does. Also, and I swear I tried to google all this stuff out before posting, but is the international version of the phone the AT&T one?

Cheers!

I've owned a couple LGs now. Before my G2 I had an Optimus G Pro. The g2 is definitely a beast of a device. Screen issues do exist though, and they're not very uncommon. My buddy's screen actually got the flickering issue earlier tonight right before my eyes. I've never had an issue and I highly recommend this phone, but I'm sure other owners would try their best to steer you away from the g2 simply because of issues that LG released the phone with. Its really up to you though. Hope my input has aided in your final decision

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Kutusov

Kutusov

Jan 12, 2011
Hope my input has aided in your final decision

Yes it did, at least now I'll try to find out how prevalent those problems are or hw far along the line that sort of thing might happen. The HTC had what I'm assuming is the same issue, plus problems with the wifi antenna but seemed to be something restricted to the ones made on their factory in China.

Well, I have the weekend to figure it out and, meanwhile, I'll use a Nokia 6300 I found o the back of a drawer :p Gods, do I feel naked without a smartphone :(

------

Edit: So I managed to get a used one for a good price out of ebay and it was pretty much out of desperation. It's an 802 so I'm hoping I don't have to deal with the restrictions of a carrier specific model which I tried to read on, only to decide I don't want to go through again like I had on the HTC.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Nigglenuts

Apr 16, 2013
Denver
Yes it did, at least now I'll try to find out how prevalent those problems are or hw far along the line that sort of thing might happen. The HTC had what I'm assuming is the same issue, plus problems with the wifi antenna but seemed to be something restricted to the ones made on their factory in China.

Well, I have the weekend to figure it out and, meanwhile, I'll use a Nokia 6300 I found o the back of a drawer :p Gods, do I feel naked without a smartphone :(

------

Edit: So I managed to get a used one for a good price out of ebay and it was pretty much out of desperation. It's an 802 so I'm hoping I don't have to deal with the restrictions of a carrier specific model which I tried to read on, only to decide I don't want to go through again like I had on the HTC.

Thanks guys!

Enjoy man. She's a beast and I'm sure you'll love it :cyclops:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cheers!

I've owned a couple LGs now. Before my G2 I had an Optimus G Pro. The g2 is definitely a beast of a device. Screen issues do exist though, and they're not very uncommon. My buddy's screen actually got the flickering issue earlier tonight right before my eyes. I've never had an issue and I highly recommend this phone, but I'm sure other owners would try their best to steer you away from the g2 simply because of issues that LG released the phone with. Its really up to you though. Hope my input has aided in your final decision