Alarm app for Sirius?

Search This thread

ldc2335

Apr 18, 2010
Yea, I used Pandora with the lockscreen and it worked. I don't know what the difference is for yours.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

lennie paz

Sep 6, 2010
Illadelphia
Yea, I used Pandora with the lockscreen and it worked. I don't know what the difference is for yours.

What is your lockscreen setting on your phone? Mine is set to swipe. Here are my steps to setting up an alarm for Pandora using Profile Scheduler+ :

1.Add Profile

2.In the add profile general menu, I put the media volume all the way up, and chose Pandora in the Launch Application menu. They are the only 2 things I touched.

3.I moved Pandora to the top of the profile list.

4.Add rule

5.In the menu, I obviously chose the Pandora profile to set the rule for.I named the rule "Pandora Alarm".

6.I put a check mark in Rule Status to turn the rule on.

7.I then went to conditions and chose Scheduler.

8.I set a time in "start time" for a couple minutes past the current time.

Those are the EXACT steps I performed. Nothing more, nothing less. If you see anything wrong with my steps, please let me know.

C2o62Y7.png

vrRi5uA.png

kMe3LmZ.png

ldc2335

Apr 18, 2010
I use a pattern lock screen. Other than that I cant see anything else differnt except i have a ton of other profiles/rules set up. Mine go 24 hours a day from one to the other. That could be the problem, that its doesnt have a profile to return to or from.

Try setting up your normal profile how you want your phone throughout the day(sound, brightness etc) then set it for the entire time frame that the alarm is not going off..

so if your alarm is from 07:00 to 07:15, make your normal profile run from 07:15 to 07:00. Hope that makes since. Then make sure in options/priority that the pandora/sirius rule is at the top of the priority list.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Also, try putting days of the week under repeat in the rule settings.

lennie paz

Sep 6, 2010
Illadelphia
I use a pattern lock screen. Other than that I cant see anything else differnt except i have a ton of other profiles/rules set up. Mine go 24 hours a day from one to the other. That could be the problem, that its doesnt have a profile to return to or from.

Try setting up your normal profile how you want your phone throughout the day(sound, brightness etc) then set it for the entire time frame that the alarm is not going off..

so if your alarm is from 07:00 to 07:15, make your normal profile run from 07:15 to 07:00. Hope that makes since. Then make sure in options/priority that the pandora/sirius rule is at the top of the priority list.

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Also, try putting days of the week under repeat in the rule settings.

Thanks for all the help. At this point, I've given up. Now Sirius opens up for a split second when the alarm goes off, and then closes.

ldc2335

Apr 18, 2010
Well I installed sirius and it didn't want to open. Pandora was working fine though. I set mine like yours should be and made a back up. All you should have to do is change the time in the rule. Make sure it has an end time.

Paste this file in sd card/profile scheduler.

Then in the app/options, restore user data.

http://db.tt/9ul6yZlK

Last edited:

lennie paz

Sep 6, 2010
Illadelphia
Well I installed sirius and it didn't want to open. Pandora was working fine though. I set mine like yours should be and made a back up. All you should have to do is change the time in the rule. Make sure it has an end time.

Paste this file in sd card/profile scheduler.

Then in the app/options, restore user data.

http://db.tt/9ul6yZlK

Thank you very much for trying Sirius and posting the backup. When you say Sirius didn't want to open, do you mean in general, or with the scheduler? I'm really only interested in Sirius, as I would like to wake up to Howard Stern. I only played around with Pandora to see if the problem was related to Sirius. BTW, I don't have the folder profile scheduler on my sdcard.

Last edited:

ldc2335

Apr 18, 2010
Thank you very much for trying Sirius and posting the backup. When you say Sirius didn't want to open, do you mean in general, or with the scheduler? I'm really only interested in Sirius, as I would like to wake up to Howard Stern. I only played around with Pandora to see if the problem was related to Sirius. BTW, I don't have the folder profile scheduler on my sdcard.

Sirius didnt want to open all the time with the profile app. Works fine otherwise. Im jamming out to it at the moment (trial period).

Might be a lost cause.

You probably dont have that folder since you havnt made a back up yet. If you do try the file i posted. take the space out between profile scheduler (should be profilesheduler.db).

if you dont use it no biggie, only took a sec. I have that app down to a science.

lennie paz

Sep 6, 2010
Illadelphia
Sirius didnt want to open all the time with the profile app. Works fine otherwise. Im jamming out to it at the moment (trial period).

Might be a lost cause.

You probably dont have that folder since you havnt made a back up yet. If you do try the file i posted. take the space out between profile scheduler (should be profilesheduler.db).

if you dont use it no biggie, only took a sec. I have that app down to a science.

I created a backup so the folder would be there. I put your file in the folder, opened the app, and changed the alarm time. Pandora opened and started playing even with the screen locked. I then tried it one more time to make sure it was working right, and now it won't work. I have to unlock the screen, and Pandora isn't even playing. Pandora is open, but it's paused for some reason.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ldc2335

Apr 18, 2010
Just pick normal profile from the list and it will stop playing /opening. Then it should start the Pandora profile when you tell it too.

lennie paz

Sep 6, 2010
Illadelphia
Just pick normal profile from the list and it will stop playing /opening. Then it should start the Pandora profile when you tell it too.

I'm seconds away from smashing this phone. Pandora starts, but it's paused. I have to hit play, which defeats the purpose. If I manually open Pandora, it starts playing.

ldc2335

Apr 18, 2010
Lol. Just set a normal alarm and then press the sirius button after snooze.

Not worth the headache.

lennie paz

Sep 6, 2010
Illadelphia
Lol. Just set a normal alarm and then press the sirius button after snooze.

Not worth the headache.

I found a way to get Sirius to work with AppAlarm Pro. For some reason, Sirius wouldn't start with AppAlarm if the screen was off. I went to my phone settings and put a check mark in the setting "screen will never sleep while charging". My phone is obviously on the charger while I'm sleeping, so it works out perfectly. Thanks for all your help and testing ldc.

ldc2335

Apr 18, 2010
No problem. Glad you got it working.