Change Your Screen Resolution on HTC Evo 4g

Search This thread

Award Tour

Aug 2, 2010
Brooklyn
I'm on Cyanogen and there is no quality degradation on my end. With Compatibility Mode off none of my apps have any problems rendering, and my system icons show no blurryness. Therefore, suck it
Who insulted you?

By the way, what I said is true regardless of whether you agree or not. The degree of degradation is dependent on how much you push the software DPI. Again, that doesn't change the fact that it's degrading.

detusueno

Oct 7, 2007
I'm on Cyanogen and there is no quality degradation on my end. With Compatibility Mode off none of my apps have any problems rendering, and my system icons show no blurryness. Therefore, suck it

I mean, for real, you're gonna tell me my attachment looks like ****? Lol fools
your attachment just proved the point. it's super blurry.

here's what's happening to the quality. on the left is your super funked up pixel grid due to the DPI change and here's mine (also running CM6). this is a true to pixel 100% enlargement.

usvsthem.jpg

now guess which is which:

41432706.jpg

do you still believe yours looks good?

Last edited:

letshaveDEX

Nov 11, 2009
No, you are correct, that is all it does.

People are confusing DPI and resolution. They are not the same, if anything, they are opposite. Changing your DPI from 240 to 160 means android is going to paint LESS dots per inch. Sure, by keeping the same resolution, it means widgets will take less space. But it also means that raster graphics like fonts and the status bar will be fuzzier and in general more crappy, because less dots per inch means LOWER resolution not higher!

Please read up here before deciding to do this nonsense. You are making a big trade off by doing this - sacrificing screen quality for stuff on it.

http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html

scale-test.png

Nice post btw

letshaveDEX

Nov 11, 2009
your attachment just proved the point. it's super blurry.

here's what's happening to the quality. on the left is your super funked up pixel grid due to the DPI change and here's mine (also running CM6). this is a true to pixel 100% enlargement.

usvsthem.jpg

now guess which is which:

41432706.jpg

do you still believe yours looks good?

Actually...yeah... I do. Lol. I'm staring at it right now and I see it just fine, so I really don't care.

Last edited:

johnnycross22

Sep 30, 2007
I installed the app from the market from earlier in this post, now when I power on my phone the HTC EVO white splashscreen comes up then it just goes to a black screen and does nothing, does anyone know what about this app/process might be causing this??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I set my density to 210 (from 240) and OMG what a difference! It just looks so sexy! I'm about to set to 205 to see if it looks any better, because 200 was way too small. Everyone should do it!