Play Store Loaded Automatically by Websites on KitKat

Search This thread

Gaugerer

Sep 9, 2011
Since I've been using KitKat a website that I use often automatically loads the Play store to try to force me to use their not very good app.

If I try to swipe away the Play store then it crashes and I'm left no longer in the browser. As a result, I've suffered from random reboots and overheating.

I've managed to solve the problem by doing a factory reset and uninstalling the Playstore before using the website. I've got a copy of the Play store app which I install when needed, but always uninstall it before using the website that automatically loads it.

I now very rarely get reboots whereas before I was getting several a day and my tablet no longer overheats.

Does anyone know of a way of stopping a website automatically loading the Play store in KitKat?

Thanks

Last edited:

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Since I've been using KitKat a website that I use often automatically loads the Play store to try to force me to use their not very good app.

If I try to swipe away the Play store then it crashes and I'm left no longer in the browser. As a result, I've suffered from random reboots and overheating.

I've managed to solve the problem by doing a factory reset and uninstalling the Playstore before using the website. I've got a copy of the Play store app which I install when needed, but always uninstall it before using the website that automatically loads it.

I now very rarely get reboots whereas before I was getting several a day and my tablet no longer overheats.

Does anyone know of a way of stopping a website automatically loading the Play store in KitKat?

Thanks

Hi,

Can you please tell what's the website? Sometimes it will ask either you'll open the Play Store or you'll use Play Store website, so you can try turning off defaults for Play Store via the app settings.

~Lord

"All I Ever Needed Was A Little Piece of Hope" - World of Fantasy (Helloween)
Sent from my monstrous Xperia Z1

Kribby

Oct 11, 2010
That or clear the defaults from the browser itself in manage apps under settings. Had to do this on two different phones from people at work the other day. When they clicked a link it came up with options on what to open with and they mistakenly hit 'always' when selecting the play store. Hope this helps

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk