[APP] Music Controls as APP -Remoter -Its in the Market!

Search This thread

Rock_Harder

Aug 24, 2010
Giessen
As i wanted to control my music via LauncherPros Dock i created a few small apps to do it, Play/Pause, Next and Prev. Track, Shuffle and Repeat are actually working. At the moment it only works with the Stock Android Music Player, but further support for other music player apps will be included when it hits the market.

I have planned another app to show the actually playing track in a toast popup, but thats not ready at all.

As far as i know it should also work with widgetLockers custom sliders, in folders, with the more icons widget and so on, everywhere where an app is possible to be started.

I attached the apps, they are only signed for approx 90 days(from the 23rd on), cause its only a test package, there are no icons, but will be done when it is released to market...

Remoter is only a working title ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: BartBowers18

raven_raven

Apr 13, 2010
Poznań
What does "signed for 90 days" mean? This will stop working after 90 days or I won't be able to install, but if I installed it earlier I could use it?

meanm50

Apr 14, 2009
PDX
Truly handy app. I look forward to future development. I only used 2 out of the 3 docks in LP, so this was exactly what I needed...

phobos512

Mar 1, 2009
This sounds like a great idea. I run ADW on CM6.0.0 so I'm glad to see mention that it works on ADW (figured it would). I downloaded and will give this a try later on this evening if I remember lol. I have been using MortPlayer as my music player of choice and it's widget leaves much to be desired so this'll add some useful functionality for me.

npaulseth

Jul 13, 2008
Great app!!

Here are some icons I made very quickly.

Previous arrow, play, next, and a clear/transparent icon are included.

Attachments

• ICONS.zip
    15 KB · Views: 655
Last edited:

TiOeM

Jul 11, 2010
can it control music streaming apps?

can this be adapted to control music steaming services, like pandora, slacker, and last.fm...I'd love to be able to have one single ui control whatever streaming app that is currently running

Rock_Harder

Aug 24, 2010
Giessen
At first thank you all,

Signed for 90 days means you will just be able to install it for 90 days

Have just added icons yesterday, also done 2 apps for switching Shuffle and Repeat states.

I am actually working on multiple music player support, some feedback from the apps(like a popup, short vibrate), to pack them all in one APK and an app wich pops up all possible information about the song playing(Cover, Artist, Title, Album).

Suggestions are welcome!

Will release further updates to the market!

Last edited:

Beackman

Oct 6, 2009
São Paulo
Your work are great man, here another SS.
maybe a shortcut for playlist are good too.

snap20100915213059.png

Rock_Harder

Aug 24, 2010
Giessen
Samsung uses its own music player am i right? This will be a rather hard task to do, cause the player is closed source and doesnt necessarily have an interface like the stock player, but i promise, i'll look for it, but i can't promise anything. Havent seen any other widget that works with the Samsung or X10, a bad sign.

Actually I am working on 2 things for my apps:
-Packaging them all into one APK, there will be 2 packages in the market, the main pack will contain Play/Pause, Prev and Next track, the donation Pack will also contain Repeat, Shuffle and maybe some additional features.
-Popups for the Actual State of the Player e.g. Playing track, Paused, track skipped and so on

When this is all done support for other music players is sure to come, as far as the player allows me to do it.

Further suggestions are welcome!

D

diversificationied

Samsung uses its own music player am i right? This will be a rather hard task to do, cause the player is closed source and doesnt necessarily have an interface like the stock player, but i promise, i'll look for it, but i can't promise anything. Havent seen any other widget that works with the Samsung or X10, a bad sign.

-Packaging them all into one APK, there will be 2 packages in the market, the main pack will contain Play/Pause, Prev and Next track, the donation Pack will also contain Repeat, Shuffle and maybe some additional features.
-Popups for the Actual State of the Player e.g. Playing track, Paused, track skipped and so on

When this is all done support for other music players is sure to come, as far as the player allows me to do it.

I would just focus on writing to the 2.2 media intents and let everyone else catch up properly.

Beackman

Oct 6, 2009
São Paulo
try to download any other rom with the same version you have of the rom, and extract the music apk and install on your rom, the motorola no have the original music player and a extracted the music apk from another rom and the magic are done.

Ep3n3wp

Aug 8, 2010
Newport beach

Looks good..
1 little request would be if you long pressed on the play button it would launch the music app so w can change artist or album

Like a short cut

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As i wanted to control my music via LauncherPros Dock i created a few small apps to do it, Play/Pause, Next and Prev. Track, Shuffle and Repeat are actually working. At the moment it only works with the Stock Android Music Player, but further support for other music player apps will be included when it hits the market.

I have planned another app to show the actually playing track in a toast popup, but thats not ready at all.

As far as i know it should also work with widgetLockers custom sliders, in folders, with the more icons widget and so on, everywhere where an app is possible to be started.

I attached the apps, they are only signed for approx 90 days(from the 23rd on), cause its only a test package, there are no icons, but will be done when it is released to market...

Remoter is only a working title ;)