★⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠★[MOD]BRAVIA tweak for HD2★⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ph03n!x

Dec 18, 2010
@tin2404 - apart from the visual difference, is there an indication to check if the engine is indeed enabled (like a message in logcat?)

Also, why is write access required to the files - do they get written to while in use? Am asking because almost all other files have rw-r--r-- permissions.

Swyped from my HTC HD2 running CM7 (Gingerbread 2.3.7)

DSD99

Mar 31, 2009
Am i the only one who cant see any differance whatsoever apart from the greens being a little brighter?

wheeliemonster

May 21, 2007
London
Has anyone opened the Xda app since applying this fix? As my colour gradient banding on the Xda app splash screen is by far the best I've ever seen it....

Seems to work to me!

PS. I've got 644 permissions on the two files. I put them in the zip prior to flashing the latest update...
Sent from my HD2

Last edited:

YZ

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 24, 2010
can someone post before - after pictures please ?:)
need more than the one on the first post.

Thanks.

mir2006

Aug 13, 2008
I've tried it on my CM7 and I can't see any difference. I've tried it with stock gallery and Quickpic.

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
This makes o sense at all... why would some binary files stored in /etc (which are ment to store cleartext files), be used at all by Android?

i'm going to test it... but i expect no diference. I just cannot see why should it be.

take a look at this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193274

Do you have such setting?

Last edited:

Account currently disabled
Oct 6, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Reactions: TeaMsTaZ

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
I just did... nothing. No difference... no sign that Bravia was even working.
That build.prop settings must trigger something on the android framework, something that goes and uses those /system/etc/be_*

On HyperDroid-CM7-v5.3.0[a2sd][CyanogenMod7 LEO 2.3.7][seader_R7] i saw no sign of this being used.. Porting Bravia will not be that easy.

BTW, anyone even saw a difference on OP images?

Mafioso

Nov 13, 2007
Pune
I just did... nothing. No difference... no sign that Bravia was even working.
That build.prop settings must trigger something on the android framework, something that goes and uses those /system/etc/be_*

On HyperDroid-CM7-v5.3.0[a2sd][CyanogenMod7 LEO 2.3.7][seader_R7] i saw no sign of this being used.. Porting Bravia will not be that easy.

BTW, anyone even saw a difference on OP images?

Ya I can see difference in those images...the colors are better saturated/better contrast especially the green color on trees/grass...
It also depends on your monitor screen also...on crappy/uncalibrated screen you may not see any difference at all...

tweakos

Nov 30, 2010
So, I spent some time with that issue studing Xperia ROMS and recompile and rewrite some "things" and result of various testes is here.
Bravia Engine now does work on HD2.
What exactly you recompile/rewrite ? I compare your files with files in that http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193274 thread by content and there is no diference!.We have no settings appear in display settings - if it work - it will be there,but there is nothing!.It does not work.

tin2404

well.. but on your first post you have two images for comparsion.. how can i test if it really works on my rom?:) some advice? or i need two Leo?:D

You dont need two Leo.take a screenshot without mod and on a same time counter same screen after.
it may be very confusing for you,but did you know that you can watch same video more times,no just once.. ;-)

tin2404

@tin2404 - apart from the visual difference, is there an indication to check if the engine is indeed enabled (like a message in logcat?)

Also, why is write access required to the files - do they get written to while in use? Am asking because almost all other files have rw-r--r-- permissions.

Swyped from my HTC HD2 running CM7 (Gingerbread 2.3.7)

From your mouth into my ears..I am just think how to display on/off notification,but I dont have any idea and knowledge for the moment how to do that.
Access full permission is neccessery for now because it seems that codec uses that engine files for continuos rewritting and checking.so,I had result only with rw-rw-rw permission.
Hm..i think that i should delayed publishing this until I fix some stuff.:-/

daedric

Dec 24, 2006
Porto
Ya I can see difference in those images...the colors are better saturated/better contrast especially the green color on trees/grass...
It also depends on your monitor screen also...on crappy/uncalibrated screen you may not see any difference at all...

Mitsubishi DiamondPlus 200. CRT. Crappy...

Now, anyone can correctly explain to me, why do we NEED WRITE permissions on files stored in /system/etc, if /system is mounted READ ONLY?

Nixda99

Dec 1, 2010
What exactly you recompile/rewrite ? I compare your files with files in that http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193274 thread by content and there is no diference!.We have no settings appear in display settings - if it work - it will be there,but there is nothing!.It does not work.
@tin2404: Why you don't answer to this post?
When I recompile/rewrite something, the result are changes in some files. But I also didn't see any changes in your files. The removing of the clockwork mode capabilities are not a change.
The credit should go to zdzihu in this thread. The two pictures of the gecko in the first post of this thread are good to compare without and with engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts