[App][ICS] Boid Twitter app v0.8.8 [BETA]

Search This thread

madeincanon

Jun 24, 2011
Jacksonville
OP updated with the changelog. I'll get some updated screenshots up there soon.

Also notifications aren't working perfectly yet.

Last edited:

netcitizen

Feb 28, 2011
When i refresh the timeline , the mentions and the DM columns do not refresh and notify on new items. if this setting is available let me know where it is. Or please take this as a feature request.

Noed

Oct 14, 2011
Campinas
I just found about this app, and now seem it's dead?
Devs stopped development, and made part of it open source, an API

Noed

Oct 14, 2011
Campinas
It's dead because of Twitter's third party app API restrictions. Try Falcon for Android. They're developing currently, and it looks great
Interesting thanks
The restriction is in the number of tweets (per minute) can be retrieved by third party apps?
How Tweakdeck still works then? I can retrieve all my tweets, several lists and searches refreshing.

bedi.gursimran

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
Great with the holo theme. Got a couple of requests hopefully you could use them in the next build. 1. 4.2.1 daydream feature of all the tweats and stuff would be nice. 2. When I tap into a tweet I am not able to view all the comments made(if someone could tell me it's greatly appreciated) 3. I know I'm on a phone but in landscape I'd like a 2 pane layout. This last one is off topic but can you make a Facebook like this Twitter app. Thanks :)

configuration

Jul 18, 2011
I like the app very much.
It's a shame the delopment has stopped.
It does force close sometimes here. I also can't 'follow' a user, the blue bar to select and follow a person stays 'loading'.

Will anyone else be continuing the delopment?

Dodgylegs

Aug 13, 2010
My pleasure. Robird is great with regular updates.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Boid team has released an alpha version of their beautiful upcoming twitter app. The design is based on Ice Cream Sandwich and incorporates swipe gestures, themes, and an overall beautiful interface.

I am in no way affiliated with the development of this app, I just support it because I think its awesome.

Please report bugs via the crash dialogue or email aidan@boidapp.com. Also if you post logcat dialogues here, I will forward them to the Boid team.

You can find them at Boidapp.com, or follow @Boidapp on Twitter.

** Most recent changelog

- Poll notifications and contact syncing (still experimental), click an account manager list item to show settings.
    - Username auto-completion in Tweet composer
    - Font size customization!
    - New profile viewer
    - In-app donation
    - New composer draft system
    - Pure black theme
    - Night mode (accessed via settings)
    - Global trends viewing
    - New Column Manager
    - Fixed contextual actionbar behavior
    - Edit your own profiles
    - Fixed media timeline
    - Improved local trend viewing
    - Overhauled muting system

View the Google Docs document here for future releases
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1toRvrrNLRI-02ec39MqBlsZ5TBa190wk8NUl5M8_01o/view?pli=1

Here's the Play Store link. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamboid.twitter

And some screenshots

large.png
    large.png

large.png
    large.png

large.png
    large.png

large.png

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
    Beta update coming soon

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
    Yeah I preferred the text at the top of columns rather than the new icons. It looked a lot better and more ICS-like.

They're going to give you the option to change back to text in the next update.
    v0.7.16 is up. Changelog:

Very important bug fixes
    Saved position in timeline (finally!)
    New Dark/light theme
    Improved memory handling for images, no more out of memory errors
    UI translation updates
    Sharing via Boid from external apps works again
    Clicking image in tweet viewer shows the media in full screen
    I will look into the problems you guys are having. It's most likely something to do with the Market (for marcosius) or for barrist, it may be a internet problem. Any how, I've listed them in our private support document.

If any of you have Twitter, you can tweet us to get support, one of us is on there most of the day :)

Phil, Team Boid