[ROM][03.23.13] CyanogenMod 10 on HTC DNA; Audio WIP)

Search This thread

idkwhothatis123

Oct 16, 2010
what does it mean that we have csd- client enabled phones?

Sent from my Sense 5 DNA using Tapatalk 2

Correct me if I'm wrong. It's part of the qcom audio that links the beats audio codecs and hw in order for proper output to the speakers. It's housed normally in the alsa_sound libs I believed. With CM, it's built off aosp source. Aosp phones don't have dedicated third party audio, yet at least. Hence why it's not able to connect to any of our audio outputs.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

drewX2

Feb 28, 2006
San Diego
Not working yet, but progress being made. One of the current problems is that audioflinger and mediaserver just crash loop. Ive fixed this. libcsd-client is a qualcomm lib used with all apq8064 devices that I have seen. It is not fully supported in CM10. This is what I am working on. I honestly have no clue what it does other than knowing its required.

yutsoku

Feb 26, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have reworked an insane amount of CM10 for audio... still working things out tho... I've spent no less than 30 hours on it (and it may be all for nothing)

It's not all for nothing bro you're getting the learning experience if it fails right? I have faith in you... You've done nothing but surprise me with your speed and dedication so far.

Brought to you by Droid DNA and Tapatalk

Sowden

Jan 16, 2013
Hey guys. I just tried the ROM and its great. The only problem I have though is that my physical buttons are not back lit. Is there an option in the Settings menu to light them up, or is this something thats not working yet? Sorry if its a n00b question, this is too long of a thread to read all the way through. Thanks for you're help, later.

Nowak4G

Jan 17, 2011
Buffalo
Hey guys. I just tried the ROM and its great. The only problem I have though is that my physical buttons are not back lit. Is there an option in the Settings menu to light them up, or is this something thats not working yet? Sorry if its a n00b question, this is too long of a thread to read all the way through. Thanks for you're help, later.

This hasn't been updated in some time, and I believe may have been a bug in this build. You should definitely try out CM10.1. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2219979

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo-cid.png

[ Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 Build on HTC DNA ]
    git @ https://github.com/drewx2/android/ (Updated to download all necessary repos)

..CURRENT BUILD NOTES/HISTORY..

03.24.13: CM10 doesn't include support for csd-client enabled phones (which we need). I have built a work around for it to utilize our csd-client lib; hopefully it brings audio one step closer.

My audio changes can be found at a separate git repo @ https://github.com/drewx2/android_hardware_qcom

03.23.13: Current Audio Status

I have some time to look at things, so here just getting started and thought I would post the first strace for those interested. Looks promising and not too difficult.
    Code:
    writev(4, [{"\4", 1}, {"AudioHardwareALSA\0", 18}, {"ucm instance opened: 1082445752\0", 32}], 3) = 51
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioFlinger\0", 13}, {"int android::load_audio_interfac"..., 103}], 3) = 117
    writev(4, [{"\4", 1}, {"AudioFlinger\0", 13}, {"loadHwModule() error -22 loading"..., 49}], 3) = 63
    writev(4, [{"\5", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"could not open HW module primary"..., 33}], 3) = 57
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"Not output found for attached de"..., 47}], 3) = 71
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"Failed to open primary output\0", 30}], 3) = 54
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"getDeviceForStrategy() speaker d"..., 74}], 3) = 98
    clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, {205, 684889413}) = 0
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyManagerBase\0", 23}, {"getDeviceForStrategy() speaker d"..., 74}], 3) = 98
    writev(4, [{"\6", 1}, {"AudioPolicyService\0", 19}, {"couldn't init_check the audio po"..., 54}], 3) = 74
    ioctl(3, 0xc0186201, 0xbe961a28)        = 0

Complete strace available here: http://bit.ly/Xx3M0v

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There won't be any builds posted until one of the "not working" items has been fixed. I mostly likely will focus on audio this weekend.

If you have something meaningful to share, please visit http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=CM10DNA

03.04.13 @ 03:29AM: Wifi *now* really working

03.04.13 @ 03:29AM: Wifi now working.

Enable 3 dot menu: Settings -> Hardware keys -> Show action overflow [check]

Working:
    Radio/RIL (no sound, so can't hear yet), SMS / MMS, 3G / 4G Data, Display, Orientation, Sensors, Lights, NFC, Torch, GPS (not tested), Wifi

Not working:
    Camera, Audio, Bluetooth

To Do list
    I plan to do bionic/kernel optimizations once all features working.

..INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS..
    If you do not have S-OFF, you need to unzip the file and flash the boot.img inside via fastboot.

Install Instructions:
    1) Download http://bit.ly/W0RAY8
    2) Reboot to recovery of your choosing; wipe system/data/dalvik-cache/cache.
    3) Install downloaded zip
    4) Reboot.
    5) Enjoy.

Google Apps @ http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

.SPECIAL THANKS FOR DONATING.
    RuinedByMTV, drmp3z
    kronikings, danahern, karn101, Majik Mushroomz, Matt P., Matt B., pio_masaki, Droidika, Wheelchairmitch, MrIcky, liquidhaste, jamiethemorris, rainabba

.SPECIAL THANKS.
    Flyhalf205, x3demond3x[debugging]
    dsb9938 [cmdline boot option]
    x3demond3x [egl fix]
    Jarocks [resized bootanimation/debugging], pio_masaki [debugging],

jcase [unlock], dees_troy [twrp], beaups, jcase, Dr_Drache, dsb9938 [S-OFF]
    .... and of course the CyanogenMod team and those who laid the foundation for the DNA....

..WANT TO HELP? HERE ARE SOME DEBUGGING TIPS..
    1) Flash boot.img
    2) On cmdline do "adb logcat"

If you're ever in the mood to donate, don't forget about the others that have helped advance the HTC DNA to new levels (e.g. dsb9938, jcase, Dr_Drache, beaups, CM team, or XDA for bringing us all together!). Although, I may be working on CM and it may seem like a completely different project, in many ways we all rely on each other to help make the DNA better. :)
    4g data working
    Radio is now completely working. I just made my first call to myself :)
    Wifi fixed. Will upload zip shortly after I figure out which one of my builds fixed it...

Do I have to fix pretty much everything? lol...what happened with all the other devs out there?

odKm3ST.jpg
    Zip is up with complete working radio. Test away.