• Yes

Votes: 1,461 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 91 5.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Kolowner

Apr 16, 2011
ok, can you provide me with an xrecovery download link please because I can't find it anywhere?
I will need to install xrecovery to backup my data even before I flash the doomlords rom then, and recover it after I flash?
Thanks

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Kolowner

Apr 16, 2011
I just thought of this - do you suggest I root my phone and backup with titanium backup and then recover with titanium backup once I have doomlord's rom (which is stock rom so it would work) and then backup with xrecovery which comes with doomlord's rom and restore with xrecovery when I get a new custom rom;
As much as I figured out, xrecovery comes with installation of a new rom, so there is no way I can have it now while running normal stock 2.1. and it's best to use TB first and then xrecovery when I get it?
And how can I skip the 2nd stage if I need to root my phone in order to flash a new rom?

Last edited:

rellish

Feb 3, 2011
Hey guys I have a problem rooting my xperia x10. The root button is grey,but flash, ask root perms and apk installer are not grey. I have enabled debugging mode and unknown sources. I have checked if the drivers are installed properly, and also installed the ones given in the folder just in case. I have restarted my phone and the flashtool application multiple times. I flashed from a 2.1 firmware to a 2.3.3(1.X10a_3.0.1.G.0.75_AMERICA-US GENERIC 1233-8200.zip). What I'm I doing wrong? thanks

Edit: Alright the root button isn't disabled on the FlashTool_0.2.9.1-GBready_root_xRec
The root seemed to work, but when i asked for root perms nothing popped up.

Last edited:

Crowds

Jun 9, 2008
Azeitão
nivelcosmeticos.com
OnePlus 3
ok, can you provide me with an xrecovery download link please because I can't find it anywhere?
I will need to install xrecovery to backup my data even before I flash the doomlords rom then, and recover it after I flash?
Thanks

I just thought of this - do you suggest I root my phone and backup with titanium backup and then recover with titanium backup once I have doomlord's rom (which is stock rom so it would work) and then backup with xrecovery which comes with doomlord's rom and restore with xrecovery when I get a new custom rom;
As much as I figured out, xrecovery comes with installation of a new rom, so there is no way I can have it now while running normal stock 2.1. and it's best to use TB first and then xrecovery when I get it?
And how can I skip the 2nd stage if I need to root my phone in order to flash a new rom?

the best the xRec.

can´t find?!
http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=617
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=859571

Kolowner

Apr 16, 2011

Hellspawm

Mar 23, 2011
Barnsley
Hello, i try to flash as u say my X8 but instead "Flashing Finished" i got 30/010/2011 15:10:40 - ERROR - Error flashing. Aborted
i unplug the cable and when i try to turn on the phone the led is flashing 3 times in red color and is not turning on...what i can do?

MahZi

Jan 4, 2011
I'm facing a weird problem
I can't turn my phone on, I've been told to try flashtool and install a new rom
my old rom was 2.3.3
I downloaded flashtool and X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75_CUSTOMIZEDARO-ARO GENERIC 1241-1846
first time I tried instrudoction in second post in this topic. it seems flashtool recognized my device and startet flashing but after a few min it said flash aborted
I wanted to try again but this time even before i connect the device to usb cable, flashtool say flashing start and nothing happen
Please help me

raghu7756

Oct 4, 2011
upgrade from 2.1 to 2.3

Hi,
I have xperia X10i and upgraded from 1.6 to 2.1. Now i want to upgrade it to 2.3. I have read multiple threads and i was confused ..i got downloaded Sony Ericsson X10i_2.1.A.435_GLOBAL-GGL GENERIC 1232-9897.zip and latest flash tool.. i.e . version 0.3.00
here are the few questions

1)any new issues will rise if i upgrade to 2.3 ?
2)does dualtouch will works?
3)can you pls send me instructions to my mail id - raghunath111@gmail.com

Regards,
Raghu

PimElzenaar

May 7, 2011
i have been rooted

I have rooted my X10 with z4root.

Sadly i cant post my "how to here" becouse i cant post outside links (i have not posted enough here) But it you want to know PM me with your e-mail and ill send a .doc i have made you van reed all about it :)

Crowds

Jun 9, 2008
Azeitão
nivelcosmeticos.com
OnePlus 3
Hi,
I have xperia X10i and upgraded from 1.6 to 2.1. Now i want to upgrade it to 2.3. I have read multiple threads and i was confused ..i got downloaded Sony Ericsson X10i_2.1.A.435_GLOBAL-GGL GENERIC 1232-9897.zip and latest flash tool.. i.e . version 0.3.00
here are the few questions

1)any new issues will rise if i upgrade to 2.3 ?
2)does dualtouch will works?
3)can you pls send me instructions to my mail id - raghunath111@gmail.com

Regards,
Raghu
1. you´ll loose everything
2. since 2.1 why ask about 2.3?!:confused:
3. instructions for???? just read OP and afterwards...
I have rooted my X10 with z4root.

Sadly i cant post my "how to here" becouse i cant post outside links (i have not posted enough here) But it you want to know PM me with your e-mail and ill send a .doc i have made you van reed all about it :)

zroot on 2.3:confused:
if you mean on 1.6 i can´t see the point of doing that since we have 2.3

Valdohr

Sep 29, 2011
Can anyone provide Win7 driver for Xperia RAY using flashmode (green LED)?
I tried them from developer.sonyericsson.com, but doesn't work. Unknown device "S1Boot".

Fastboot (blue LED) drivers from xda forum work fine.
Bootloader is unlocked by official SE pagecode, and the Ray is rooted and works fine with 2.3.3.
But I would like to go to 2.3.4, but can't use Flashtool :-(

Last edited:

aR_ChRiS

Dec 23, 2010
Hong Kong
Google Pixel 5a
Can anyone provide Win7 driver for Xperia RAY using flashmode (green LED)?
I tried them from developer.sonyericsson.com, but doesn't work. Unknown device "S1Boot".

Fastboot (blue LED) drivers from xda forum work fine.
Bootloader is unlocked by official SE pagecode, and the Ray is rooted and works fine with 2.3.3.
But I would like to go to 2.3.4, but can't use Flashtool :-(

Maybe it's just not added to the device list yet on flashtool...

thexerox123

Oct 9, 2011
Welp, tried this method and now my xperia arc won't turn on. Great... :(

It rumbles the first time I hold down the power button, and the lights between the buttons light up, but the screen just stays black and unresponsive; it never even gets to the Sony-Ericsson screen.

I'm going to try to wait for a bit in case this is normal and it's just rebuilding the cache, but somehow it seems unlikely. :( Hopefully PCC will be able to repair it, otherwise?

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

And now I can't even fix it, because PCC says that the server is overloaded every time I try to repair it. AAAARGH :(

Bazonga

Oct 9, 2011
Hi guys, I want to install JIT on my unlocked and rooted 2.3.4 Ray.
What device should i select when flashtool asks for it? Or do I have to waint until Ray support is implemented?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DECLARATION​

This thread was created initially by me when flashtool appear on market :D

In the beginning of the week i was contacted by G-FACE to offer his help cause he had created a thread similar to this one on a site of his country. He offered himself to translate and i´ll put the translation here.
    Well, that wasn´t exactly how i see things. He do the job. He must take the credit for it:)

So, the next posts and despite the fact it appears like it was written/created by me that´s WRONG! He did it after contact mods and give him access to do so.

SO. Thank you G-FACE and thank HIM not me;)

----------------------------------------
    Hi all ;)

Since some guys having trouble using flashtools and how to abuse it :p, this is a "HOW TO FOR N00BIES".

Please visit the main thread to search for news and firmware updates.

Please, if this thread was usefull for you in some way don`t donate me anything. Just ckick on THANKS, RATE THIS THREAD on top and vote on POLL :). If you want to donate please do but on the right guys who made this incredible tool for us to use. Androxyde and Bin4ry.

Thank you all to get this thread sticky;)

CREDITS TO:

Androxyde
    Bin4ry
    Everyone from XDA
    and myself of course for making this :p

Regards,
    Ricardo Rendeiro
    [FLASHTOOL GUIDE] HOW TO for n00bies - THIS WILL BE TEMPORARILY CLOSED SOON

RECOGNIZING YOUR PHONE

Download the latest version of Flashtool from here: http://androxyde.github.com/Flashtool/ thanks to Androxyde & Bin4ry

Install Flashtool exe file and the update file if needed.

The first and most important thing is to be sure that Flashtool recognizes your phone:

• Start Flashtool
    • Connect the phone with the computer via USB cabel
    • Wait till flashtool shows that your device is recognized. You will see your phone model on "Connected device:"

01_x10_Detected.PNG

If you see in “Connected device” the name of your phone model you are good to go for next steps.

If your phone is not recognized by Flashtool that means you don’t have the required drivers installed.

• Open folder /Flashtool/drivers and install ggsetup-2.2.0.11

If after the above Flashtool still doesn’t recognize your phone, do the following:

• From Flashtool/drivers folder extract the zip file XXX_ADB_driver which corresponds to your phone model
    • Open “Device manager” on the computer and find the device which is with an exclamation mark on it (do this with connected to the computer phone)
    • Right click on the device and choose Uptade driver
    • Choose to find the driver manually and browse to the folder where you’ve extracted the zip file.
    • That should install the required drivers on your computer.

note: edited by G-FACE at November 25th
    [FLASHTOOL GUIDE] HOW TO for n00bies - THIS WILL BE TEMPORARILY CLOSED SOON

HOW TO FLASH FIRMWARE [*.ftf file]

• Download SE firmware in *.ftf file format and put it in Flashtool/firmwares folder

02_1_Flash_Firmware_Folder.png

• Start Flashtool and click the First icon: the "Lightning" icon [Flash]
    • Choose the required firmware from the list (if you have more than one ftf file in /firmwares folder you will see all of them in the list)

02_Flash_Firmware_Choose.PNG

• Click the OK button
    • the following screen will pop-up

04_Flash_Firmware_Back_key.PNG

1. Unplug the USB cabel from the phone (you can leave it plugged in the PC)
    2. Turn off the phone
    3. Press and hold the "Back" button on the phone
    4. Plug in the USB cabel in the phone
    5. Release the "Back" button after the above screen disappers

• A flashing procedure will start...

05_Flash_Firmware_Flash.PNG

• Wait till Flashtool finishes flashing
    • The program will prompt you to power on your phone
    • Turn on "Uknown scources" and "USB Debugging" (in Settings/Applications/Development)

06_Flash_Firmware_Finish%20flashing.PNG

• Congratulations! You just flashed your phone successfuly.

UNINSTALLING SYSTEM APPS

• Start Flashtool
    • Connect your phone to the computer and wait for flashtool to recognize it
    • Click on the "Clean" button [fourth in a row]

19_Clean.png

• New window will popup
    • On the left side you will see all the system apps installed on the phone

20_Clean_apps.PNG

• Mark the app which you'd like to remove
    • Click the arrow pointing to the right and move unneeded apps in the right box
    • When you choose all of the apps you want to remove click the "ОК" button

21_Clean_select.PNG

• Wait till FT removes the files
    • If needed repeat the steps above

Tested on x10. Not sure if it'll work on other devices​

Happy playing!

INSTALLING APPLICATIONS [APK FILES] ON THE PHONE

Working on every Xperia range device

• Get the necessary apk files that you want to install on the phone
    • Copy them to /flashtool/custom/apps folder

22_APK_Installer_Folder.PNG

• Start Flashtool
    • Connect the device and wait till it's recognized
    • Click on the "APK installer" button [fifth in a row]

01_x10_Detected.PNG

• New window will popup
    • You will see the apps you previously put in /apps folder
    • Click the "OK" button

22_APK_Installer.PNG

• Wait until the files are pushed and installed
    • Open the apps list on the phone and make sure that the programs are installed
    Happy playing!