Can't enter recovery, secure booting error

Search This thread

mrallen81

Now before I start I'm a boon to the LG G2 as I only got it yesterday lol,
Anyway I've rooted my LG with no problems, but I've been trying to install a custom recovery and a pond rebooting into recovery I just get secure booting error and the phone turns off,

I'm really hopping someone can help me
I'm still running stock 4.4.2

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

Ben_Z98

Apr 4, 2014
Anyway I've rooted my LG with no problems, but I've been trying to install a custom recovery and a pond rebooting into recovery I just get secure booting error and the phone turns off,

Had the same issue a few days ago. TWRP, CWM, and Philz wouldn't flash properly, but I'm pretty sure it was my fault. Currently I have CWM installed by FreeGee (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.shell.freegee_free).

WARNING: You should know that there is a risk with using FreeGee. If you don't plan to use download mode, you're good. But currently, I am without download mode after flashing. Still trying to figure out a way to fix it. System works, recovery works, but I cannot revert to stock at the moment.

Last edited:

mrallen81

Hi there Ben, thanks for the reply but I've just tried that app you give me the kink to and it's not working for me. Just performing action and nothing else, it seems to be stuck, I've even rebooted and still does the same :(

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4

Are you sure the phone turns off ? Or is the screen blank? (not off but rather gray?)

Ben_Z98

Apr 4, 2014
Hi there Ben, thanks for the reply but I've just tried that app you give me the kink to and it's not working for me. Just performing action and nothing else, it seems to be stuck, I've even rebooted and still does the same :(

OK, let's return to the start.

1. You're sure it's rooted and SU is working? Rootcheck is on the play store and you can use that to check

2. In FreeGee, did you tap on a recovery on the bottom? And did FreeGee freeze on this step? Did you give FreeGee root access/permission?

3. If FreeGee installed a recovery, it won't automatically reboot. Have you attempted to reboot into recovery? If you're not sure if it has installed, I would not recommend going through the hard reset page because if it's not actually installed yet, you would go through a factory reset. You could download an app to boot into recovery though (I.e. CWM ROM manager, TWRP, or quickboot. All free on the play store.)

Sent from my LG-D803 using xda app-developers app

Mystralfire

Oct 5, 2012

Had the same problem 2 Days ago, i flasched the originial recovery via terminal emulator and i at least got back my standard lg recovery. Then you can start from scratch.

Nikolay15

Mar 23, 2014
Pleven
Last edited:

mrallen81

I've been trying everything. And each time I'm just hitting a wall, can't even wipe back to stock and the flash tool freezes and the mobile support tool tells me my phone is up to date:banghead:

Top Liked Posts