Any apps to force USB MASS Storage (Root) instead of MTP that work with HTC ONE M8?

Search This thread

pfriederichs

Apr 9, 2011
Kimball, MI
Anyone know if there are any apps to force USB MASS Storage (Root) that work with HTC ONE M8? I know several exist for Samsung devices which don't work on the M8 (i've tried) -- reason being is my car stereo goes nuts when I plug the phone in via. USB and from what i've found out it appears that it is not MTP compatible.

I use Bluetooth in the meantime but would really like to be able to plug it in via. USB so its charging.

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

Reactions: Forsaked

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
I was hoping for the same thing. I had the gs3 and remember you could force the SD card to USB mass storage. If we could do the same on m8 that'd be awesome.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Forsaked

Apr 12, 2012
I support this question, i got problems to copy MKV and FLAC-Files to the MTP-Device using Windows 8.1..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone know if there are any apps to force USB MASS Storage (Root) that work with HTC ONE M8? I know several exist for Samsung devices which don't work on the M8 (i've tried) -- reason being is my car stereo goes nuts when I plug the phone in via. USB and from what i've found out it appears that it is not MTP compatible.

I use Bluetooth in the meantime but would really like to be able to plug it in via. USB so its charging.

Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!