Has Anyone Jumped from Sprint to Verizon for the SGIII?

Search This thread

greg di

Jul 22, 2010
I have an S2 with Sprint and while I love the phone, Sprint's lack of signal and speed is making me loose my shlt on a daily basis.

I'm at the point where taking the ETF hit is inconsequential to the quality of life I may enjoy with VZ.

Has anyone done what I'm talking about specifically from the S2 Sprint to the S3 Verizon? Are you happier????

UJMODI

Dec 31, 2011
I did and i couldnt be happier. Went from the epic touch to the S3. Sprint service blows. Not even a comparison.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using xda premium

jjmiii

Nov 2, 2011
I did exactly that, Sprint gs2 to Verizon gs3. I couldn't be happier. I went from absolutely no service at work to having lte coverage. I am selling my e4gt to cover the cost of early termination. My bill is more monthly, but I feel it's worth it.

tykalx

Feb 11, 2011
Miami
i as well, just three weeks back

flashing roms is easier

4g just about anywhere

this phone has a ton of features whether you stay stock or custom like paranoid android

and reception being the biggest reason i transferred. i dont miss sprint, loved the s2 but s3 is a beast

phillysdon04

Feb 7, 2007
Philadelphia
I did also. I had the OG HTC EVO 4G with Sprint and enjoyed that phone. I had no problem with Sprints call quality, but the internet speeds were horrible and I refused to wait for the LTE to be up and running with Sprint. Verizon LTE speeds is way faster than Sprints Wimax. Verizon LTE is also faster than my Comcast home internet at times. I'm happy with my decision.

aweskelo

Aug 27, 2010
Came from Sprint and couldnt be happier. I have 4G LTE everywhere I go to the tune of 12mb to upwards of 30mb down.

Sprint is lucky to hit 1.5mb down at 5am, and normally runs at 200-600k down during the day. Sometimes 70k!

piiman

Jun 21, 2010
I did. The service is much better in most places, but where I live I got slow Sprint speeds and its no different with VZW.

Except VZW has 4g LTE and Sprint basically has none. If you're going to have an s3 LTE device you might as well have a carrier that has 4g LTE.

Sycobob

Aug 30, 2011
Baton Rouge, LA
Another convert here: E4GT -> GS3. Couldn't be happier with my decision. It's like going from a dumbphone to a smartphone all over again. Sprint's service was so godawful I could never use my phone for much off of Wifi. Now, I have a solid connection everywhere I go so I end up using my GS3 far more than I ever did my E4GT. It's like night and day.

badbeats

Oct 6, 2010
Naperville, IL
I came from an Epic which I loved but Sprint which drove me crazy. My internet speed is 10x better which is great. The best part is I can make a phone call and actually talk to someone for 10 minutes and not have the call drop a dozen times.

vikramjatt11

Aug 4, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I went from the Epic Touch to the Verizon GS3, and I could not be happier! Bought my phone for $485 on eBay, plus 64Gb San Disk sdcard from Amazon for $50-ish. Love the phone, and love the service and LTE. Get an average of 15 hours battery life with 4G on 24/7, about 3.5 hours screen on time.

whitfield77

Mar 8, 2011
Omaha
Same here. Went from Epic 4g on Sprint to GS3 on Verizon & have ZERO regrets. Signal is better, data speed is insanely faster. I'm in Omaha, NE, where Sprint has no 4G; finally got tired of their '4G coming soon' BS response.

If your main concern is signal reliability & data speed, make the switch, you'll be much happier. What good is a killer phone if you're always b1tc1n about crappy service?

C

Norwester

Jun 20, 2009
Oregon
Paid my ETF and made the switch last week. I'd been thinking about it for awhile and the Amazon $99 sale pushed me over the edge. The only place I spend anytime that doesn't have LTE is work but Verizons 3G is actually usable there compared to Sprints dialup speeds.

shawnten

Mar 21, 2008
Yorktown
I jumped from sprint after 12 years and I couldn't be happier. I have 4g everywhere. I had the evo lte which I loved but the signal is amazing from Verizon. Worth the Money I can't believe how much better the network is on Verizon. And the s3 is a kick ass phone I like it just as much as I liked the evo lte. Only now I have lte

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

rotzy

Sep 6, 2010
Same for me. I was with sprint for 12 years and couldn't stand the slow data anymore. What's the pont of unlimited data when you never have any bandwith! I went from the Epic to the S3 on Verizon and wish I did it long ago. No regrets. I get 4G LTE almost everywhere. The slowest speed I have seen so far on Verizon has been faster than the fastest speed I ever saw on Sprint.

greg di

Jul 22, 2010
Thanks guys...

I ended up porting the whole family on Saturday to VZW. I took a $440 hit on ETFs, but my sanity is worth it.

The LTE signal is ALL OVER THE PLACE where I operate and it's lightning fast....Like somebody said, I didn't realize how slow and shtty Sprint was.

My S3 is lasting more than a day compared to my S2 that could barely get 4 hours due to many reasons, most of which stemming from constantly having weak Sprint signals.

I don't even think I'm going to root the S3 at this point.

Rich3077

Dec 22, 2011
Also came from Sprint using an S2. I left Sprint due to the crappy service and didn't have to pay ETF fees due to an FCC complaint that got escalated to executive services.

I am loving my S3 as well as Verizons service. Using an app called Netmonitor I now know that Verizon has 3 times as many towers in my area so even if Sprint upgraded my area to LTE they would still suck compared to Verizon.

I shall never bother with Sprint again.

zof9i6

Jan 26, 2010
los angeles
I had just switched to verizon. from sero premium is $50 but i rather pay double for 2gb data on verizon. even if i paid half less for unlimited, i wasnt able to use it. whats the point of unlimited and cheaper when you cant even hardly use it. just too dam slow.
definitely happier with verizon. can use 4g about almost anywhere. even 3g data is fast.
now i can use my phone at work during break. before i couldnt at all. i see everyone with phone out and i am too but not surfing the web. even at home i dont get service. had to use sprint air rave. even with that it barely work once in a while

Last edited:

rusty.gh

SGS3 on verizon!

I just did it. One week in and went from SGS3 to SGS3
Verizon is way better! Yes I paid to quit sprint and it's the last they ever get from me
I'm sick and tired of waiting for sprint and then it sucks
Verizon gives me kick ass speeds in about ever place I go in SoCal I'm so much happier!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    12 year Sprint customer. I live in Des Moines, Iowa. There isn't Sprint 4G for 3 hours' drive in any direction. The 3G service where I live (the most hustlingest bustlingest area in this throbbling metropolis ;-P ) is --****ing-- embarassing. You may as well plan on not having data here unless you can find an open wifi network.

I was pissed when I read a press release talking about Sprint rolling out LTE to 100 cities! Since my city wasn't listed I knew it would be a good couple more months before I could even begin to hope again.

Then the family and I drove down to Disney World. Thank the teeny tiny baby jeesus laying in a manger I was gonna GUZZLE from the 4G hose! With shaking hands I enabled 4G on my sbrissen JB ROM. So I drive and I wait. I drive some more and I wait some more. Then I do it again. And again. And again.

Around about Saint Louis I got a nibble. Like the face of a newborn baby, I see the 4G icon in the notification bar for the first time. "Hello" I say. It disappears, but comes back in a couple of seconds. Then goes away again. I fire up SpeedTest and wait for that sucker to rear its head again. It never did.

Around about Atlanta I see that wascally wabbit again! Don't know where he'd been hiding, but here he sure enough was. So I whip out BeyondPod and tell it to update my subscriptions. After the icon goes away and comes back a couple times I sadly have to tell BeyondPod to Stop Update and Download because, well, it just ain't gonna happen.

That **** broke my heart, yo. I get back to town and tell the guy at work that gets us our cell phones that I have to switch carriers. I tell him I don't need much, the 16GB version of the S3 will do me fine.

So a week later or so I get the phone. As luck would have it, I had my first golf round of the year scheduled for that very afternoon (Yes, in late August--I don't get out much) so I couldn't root and install the ROM I had downloaded while waiting for the phone. I'm in Polk City, Iowa, standing in the middle of a golf course without a building in sight, much less a cell tower, looking at 3 freaking bars of 4G signal!

It's everywhere I go. I'm starting to get paranoid that maybe the CNA ROM is mis-reporting its connectivity, but DAYUM, this data is fast, yo!

I love you, S3. I love you, Verizon LTE. **** you, Sprint!!!!!!1!
    20-50

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Are you torrenting over your phone or something? No wonder Verizon got rid of unlimited.
    I converted from Sprint the week xda gave me the heads up VZW was doing away with their unlimited plan.

was with sprint for 8yrs. all this time i was ignoring att and verizon because of the price and data cap.
    also thought att or verizon data speed is just a lil better than sprint.
    aww man was i so wrong. its hellava alot better
    I have a question.. how many gb do you guys use a month?

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda app-developers app

20-50

A little excessive. Do not base data usage on this guy. lol