What color did you get and how happy are you?

Search This thread

EchoX860

Jul 29, 2011
Gunmetal Gray, partially dissatisfied

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

discstu37

Sep 13, 2010
Glacial silver and satisfied. First time using Sense and I'm still getting used to the quirks of the camera. This being my first all metal phone, it's very slippery so I begrudgingly ordered the dot matrix case.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Where were you able to find a grey dot case? Verizon only showed black in stock for me.

I was able to get a gray one yesterday from verizon's site fwiw.

norock

Jan 18, 2013
Got the Glacial Silver one on accident. For whatever reason I THOUGHT that the colors were just like the M7's: that the darker option on the Verizon site was going to be a black metal I hadn't seen and the lighter option was the brushed aluminum look that is in literally every video of the device. My friend has the black M7, so I figured I'd go the route opposite him. Honestly, aesthetics didn't play a big role in why I got the phone, it was the specs (dat 801 tho). I hadn't looked for pics comparing the color options until after I placed my order. Whoops!

That said: Satisfied!

replica9000

May 31, 2009
I have the gunmetal grey version. My case has a clear back with rubber trim. I'm very satisfied with it.

xShin

Oct 22, 2010
Gunmetal Gray - I was torn initially between Glacial Silver and Gunmetal Gray, but once I saw them in person and actually touched the Gunmetal Gray,I was pretty much sold on it.

blestsol

Jul 24, 2010
Baltimore
Gunmetal Very Satisfied.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Silver; have a clear backed case (with the black trim) I purchased at the store. Waiting for an all-clear TPU case to arrive.

Same one I have. I have to admit.. I am supremely impressed with this phone.

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Coming from Silver M7, I am very satisfied via gun-metal grey.
I am awaiting a grey TPU case from cruzerlite which I think will give it a nice look.

D

Deleted member 5019868

Silver w/ Dot case. Didn't like the streaks of the Gunmetal.
No complaints!

Nevermore

Sep 13, 2007
Bronx, NY
I am sort of happy. Happy with gunmetal over all the other colors, but I really really wanted this in red and black like the Sprint M7. That thing is so sexy.

But I am happy enough with the gunmetal that I really don't want to put a case on it because it would cover it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gunmetal. Sick as hell. My vzw rep actually brought me all 3 colors and let me keep them for a day to decide, but really the grey is by far the best aesthetically. I'll say though that all 3 are on par with or better than iPhone in terms of build quality. Highly satisfied.

I got the gunmetal gray with a gray dotview case. Im extremely happy with the phone, and i'm sure the dot case is going to grow on me once I break it in. The cover is too stiff right now and tends to flap shut if i accidentally let it go. I'd like to be able to sit my phone on a table and the dot cover lay open beside it instead of having to fold it under, which makes the phone unlevel.

That said, before I got the cover in, the height of the phone was a little bit of an issue with reaching the power button with my small hands, but that's a non-issue now since the case locks and unlocks the phone automatically.

Overall satisfied with my purchases.