[Q] Please help! Stuck in Bootloop, power button "stuck", no download mode!!

Search This thread

roccovite

Jul 9, 2012
[Q] Please help! Stuck in Bootloop, power button "stuck", no download mode!!

I believe this has to do with the phone thinking the power button is constantly being pressed...

I'm looking for any advice. My s3 suddenly went into a boot loop this morning. It powers on for a few seconds and turns itself back off.. Doing a little research, came across similar issues online caused by the main board going faulty and the phone thinking the power button is constantly being held down.

I know this because I can remove my battery, put it back in, and without even touching any buttons, the phone will attempt to power up.

I'm currently rooted and can't get into download mode for more than 3-5 seconds before it turns itself off. I was only once able to apply the perfect pressure by squeezing the side of the phone which allowed it to boot normally, but about 30 seconds later, the power menu appeared by itself and it turned off a few seconds later.

Has this happened to anyone else?? Anybody know how to go about fixing it??

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

RazorMC

Feb 12, 2011
SiN CiTY
When you take out the battery, wait for a few seconds before putting it back in. If it turns on automatically then this might be hardware issue and needs repair.

roccovite

Jul 9, 2012
Yes,it turns on automatically...i have disassembled the phone and checked the power buttom and it seems to work right,i can't understand where is the problem
Edit. OK,the problem is that the power buttom is hyper sensitive..can i do something to reduce the sensibility?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

grungypoo

Jun 15, 2010
I am having the same problem and just saw this thread. Thanks.

Is the power button known for wearing out on the phone? I take good care of my s3 afaik. Maybe it's time for a new phone.... =(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Replace the power button, it is worn out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk