[THEME] Gingerbread Keyboard (3 versions)

Search This thread

aerolland

Dec 14, 2010
I've found another GB keyboard for non-rooted EVO's but this one looks better. Can the .APK be extracted from the ZIP here and installed via Astro or are these for rooted only?

One of these days ill get around to rooting...

JerzyIroc

Aug 16, 2010
I've found another GB keyboard for non-rooted EVO's but this one looks better. Can the .APK be extracted from the ZIP here and installed via Astro or are these for rooted only?

One of these days ill get around to rooting...

Ya you can definitely pull the apk out and just install it through Astro. A friend of mine just did it a couple of minutes ago actually. Just remember, to enable it don't go to the Keyboard section in settings, just go to a text field and choose ANdroid Keyboard when you select input method

searscatalog

Aug 19, 2010
Tampa
Weird. I just tried twice thru root explorer, and both times it said installation failed. Wonder what the hell I'm doin wrong.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Did you have a gingerbread keyboard already flashed? I did and ran into this problem it wouldnt flash thru recovery and fail if installed with RE.

What i did is go into system/app and removed "latinIMA.apk" then installed the latinime.apk i unzipped from the themed zip and installed with root explorer after a reboot.

Hope this helps

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
Could you please post a version of these with a faint outline of the keys. A very very faint non-dominating color is good too. Borderless isn't so very appealing, though the very concept is awesome!

JerzyIroc

Aug 16, 2010
Sorry I haven't responded all day, been at work and going through some personal stuff. Probably should have waited to post this lol. I'll definitely be working on the bordered versions this week. The white background is actually a good idea, didn't even think about that. I'll give that a shot this week too. I should have at least some of these posted by the end of the week, just bare with me. Sorry.

eyeballer

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2010
teamw.in
Sorry I haven't responded all day, been at work and going through some personal stuff. Probably should have waited to post this lol. I'll definitely be working on the bordered versions this week. The white background is actually a good idea, didn't even think about that. I'll give that a shot this week too. I should have at least some of these posted by the end of the week, just bare with me. Sorry.

Please don't apologize, take your time and hope everything is ok. :)

Reactions: JerzyIroc

Tyzing

Jun 8, 2010
I cannot get any version of the Gingerbread keyboard to install any more. I cannot flash, did manage to drop the extracted files into the correct folders and that worked but then I had to wipe and install another ROM and tried that same method and it didnt work :(

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
Copying the LatinIME.apk into the /system/app folder worked like charm.

Waiting on the the border thing done: a simple pale white border for all three colors too would do awesome.

If these could be packaged into installable APKs, u'd be rocking :)

JerzyIroc

Aug 16, 2010
Ask and shall receive lol... Gonna throw the APK's on in a few minutes. Gotta make sure my pork chops dont get overcooked first LOL. Give me like 15 minutes.

Also, with the bordered versions.. You guys want the "glowing" effect along with the border highlighted? Or just the border highlighted? Just wanna make sure we're on the same page lol..

buck1623

Feb 24, 2008
New Jersey
Anything other then the basic keyboard with enhanced colors would be marvelous. Someone already cooked up a grey background white letter blue suggestion keyboard im using now and its quite nice... still would rather a white background though...

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

robinkimfoo

Nov 30, 2010
i'm having a bit of trouble copying the latinime file from /mnt/sdcard to /system/app. i'm using astro file manager but everytime i try to copy/past or move, the paste button becomes greyed out whenever i move up one directory. anybody have a solution for this? thanks in advance!

diablo009

Apr 20, 2009
Atlanta GA
i'm having a bit of trouble copying the latinime file from /mnt/sdcard to /system/app. i'm using astro file manager but everytime i try to copy/past or move, the paste button becomes greyed out whenever i move up one directory. anybody have a solution for this? thanks in advance!

Try using "Root Explorer". Root Explorer worked for me where astro and ES file explorer failed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is! My themed Gingerbread Keyboard. There will be a total of 3 versions. A green, blue and red one. The theme is a permanent black background, with a "glowing" effect when pressed.

All three versions are based off the latest unrEVOked hacked GB keyboard with auto-correct and predictive text

Download it, and flash it in recovery. Then go to a text field, press and hold until you see the input method popup, select input method, then select Android Keyboard.

Screenshots

Green
    snap20101212_140357.png
    snap20101212_140401.png
    snap20101212_140408.png

Red
    snap20101212_150750.png

Blue
    snap20101212_153004.png

If anyone has a request for another color feel free to ask.
    I have an issue ... all versions of the gingerbread kb that I've tried only have dictionary / txt prediction working in english, I also type in Spanish so it would be nice to have working predictions for that language. Is there any way to fix this ?
    I have an issue ... all versions of the gingerbread kb that I've tried only have dictionary / txt prediction working in english, I also type in Spanish so it would be nice to have working predictions for that language. Is there any way to fix this ?

I'm sure there is, but that's a bit out of my technical knowledge. I'm sure that'll be added soon. Whenever they are updated I'll be sure to redo my themes based on the newest keyboards.

I believe I read somewhere (regarding the Nexus and Gingerbread) that this is basically still beta and only supports English at this time.
    There is "Android Keyboard" in "Language & Keyboard" it has android keyboard settings underneath its title but no checkmark location to turn it on. FYI Slide It has both the slide it keyboard settings AND a square to place a check next to its name. Android has no square

Mine is actually the same way. I don't have a check next to Android Keyboard. Technically it's now the default stock keyboard, so it wont have a check next to it since you can't disable the stock default keyboard. Go to a text field, press and hold and select input method, and select Android Keyboard.
    Love it! Thanks for the new keyboard! Works great!