Signal Boosting Stickers

Search This thread

llvengancell

Aug 25, 2010
2 dollars witch is the cost of these stickers isn't much. Most people blow 2 dollars on really silly crazy crap. If you can blow it on candy bars and McDonald's sweet tea then why not spend 2 bucks and try this for yours self. I honestly see a improvement. If i didnt i would not post it on here. This is not a forum to say something when you have no facts. Here are the facts from my experiments.

With out the sticker at work facing the glass window in the direction of the cell phone tower i got 3 bars.

With the sticker facing the same direction with the same variables Full bars.

With out the sticker with only three bars facing the window and the cell tower i could down load at just under 1 meg on the 3g network.

With it i had full coverage and could download at fluxes of under 1 meg and well over about 1.3 to 1.6 and yes wifi was off

I could not tell a difference when making calls how ever and i did notice that with out the sticker if i stood behind the wall i got better reception and with it i got less.

So my Hypothesis is this. With a clear view and to electromagnetic interference you can get improved cell phone coverage with he sticker but if you are near EMI and have the sticker on its like it amplifies it and you have horrible reception.

Don't take my word or the word of any one else just go spend 2 bucks and try it if it fails then stick the sticker on your forehead and see if you get smarter by staring into the sun :)

First, your testing methodology is horrible and wouldn't pass ANY kind of test.

2, your grasp of antenna theory is horrible. Don't for once consider parasitic reflection to be anywhere close to the same as these joke stickers.

Here's a blind test of the same joke stickers.

http://www.andybrain.com/extras/cellphone-antenna-booster-sticker-review-and-test.htm

http://www.suite101.com/content/dont-use-a-cell-booster-sticker--to-boost-cell-signal-a283222

http://www.helium.com/items/1185609...sters-call-quality-signal-strength-cell-phone

But, again, believe what you want. America is full of the gullible, lemming class of folks that refuse to accept scientific evidence to the contrary.

Someone once marketed a miracle antenna that plugged into your wall outlet to turn your "whole house into a TV antenna". Hilariously there were NO metal conductors, the prongs to make the connection were plastic and the whole thing was bogus. But they sold a million of them "As Seen On TV". There's a whole crapload of "miracle diet pills" out there too.

I know that McDonalds Sweet tea will "work", no lame claims there. I know that Candy bar for $2.00 will "work", no lame claims of miracles there either.

Not worth arguing over any longer. It's your money. And like the saying goes, "a fool and his money soon part".

dkd711

Dec 18, 2008
these signal boosting SCAM stickers have been around for a decade. Sucker still buy them.

Save your $2 and Donate it to the Red Cross for Japan or something.

grandebob

Mar 4, 2011
Chicago
You know, as a kid, back in the 70's, I had a pet rock. Amazingly it kept away tigers, lions, bears, monkeys, snakes, lizards and if used correctly, even my little brother.

Mine has yours beat.

Man, I wish I had that kind of money. Tigers were an immediate worry, so I went with the single function rock. I know in the long run the high end model would save me money but at the time couldn't afford the upcharge.

Last edited:
Man, I wish I had that kind of money. Tigers were an immediate worry, so I went with the single function rock. I know in the long run the high end model would save me money but at the time couldn't afford the upcharge.

Let me slap my most favorite tag line on it. "New and Improved" and sell it to you cheap.

What moron combined THOSE 2 words. Well??? Is it NEW or is it IMPROVED?

loopybandnerd

Feb 5, 2011
But, again, believe what you want. America is full of the gullible, lemming class of folks that refuse to accept scientific evidence to

Too bad that lemmings don't really go off the clip. That phrase was developed after a group of nat geo filmographers chased the lemmings off the cliff. They just chose to only use footage of the actual cliff diving.

Thank you, try again!

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

Too bad that lemmings don't really go off the clip. That phrase was developed after a group of nat geo filmographers chased the lemmings off the cliff. They just chose to only use footage of the actual cliff diving.

Thank you, try again!

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

Really? I didn't realize that NG did a show on them. I actually use it as a tribute to the old video game "Lemmings". I wasted too many hours playing that one.

Hero_onboost

Jul 5, 2011
Fortworth
Irrelevant things like this!!! Do not post!!!!!

Did you also know that putting a convex clear plastic covering over your license plate it will make it so traffic cameras can't take a clear picture of your plate!

Oh and eating grass will make your allergies go away.

Its called the placebo effect; if you believe something will help, and I mean really believe it, your mind believes it to and will act as if it does regardless of all logic to the contrary. Its how those balance wrist-band things work. They tell you that it works and its amazing because it uses anti-sufferage-super-misogynist waves to help you stand up more straight and then you naturally stand up more straight when wearing it. Bingo, they're right.

things liek this BULL **** are what CLOUD up the forums and have the people that ACTUALLY READ their way through things on the forum for 2 HOURS reading to find ITS NOTHING!!!! stop posting this bull**** back and forth this is not face book pm eachother PLEAS FOR THE LOVE OF CRACKS AND HACKS SSSSSTTTTTOOOOOPPPPPP THIS IIIMMMAAATTUUUREE FACE BOOK THINGS!!! yes i do realize i am adding to it by this posting being non relevant! just please follow forum rules and curtiseys stop this immature things and READ!!!! i have read everything three times before i ask a question on here!!! please utilize these GREAT minds to your advantage dont abuse for your personal lazzy gains FREAKING REEAADDD

notsointeresting

Mar 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC
things liek this BULL **** are what CLOUD up the forums and have the people that ACTUALLY READ their way through things on the forum for 2 HOURS reading to find ITS NOTHING!!!! stop posting this bull**** back and forth this is not face book pm eachother PLEAS FOR THE LOVE OF CRACKS AND HACKS SSSSSTTTTTOOOOOPPPPPP THIS IIIMMMAAATTUUUREE FACE BOOK THINGS!!! yes i do realize i am adding to it by this posting being non relevant! just please follow forum rules and curtiseys stop this immature things and READ!!!! i have read everything three times before i ask a question on here!!! please utilize these GREAT minds to your advantage dont abuse for your personal lazzy gains FREAKING REEAADDD

Lol first of all you do realize the LAST post in this thread was made 6 months ago right? and the thread was orginally made when the phone came out. So to honestly start a rant over a six month old thread is a little pointless...Just saying.

Also, the reply that you "quoted" was actually very useful information, but also surrounded by a little humor to lighten up the "bad" information. (and he stated a good point about placebo effect :D)...Just saying

and third if the ONLY thing we did in these threads were give out facts, upon information, and showed no personality in our posts and demonstrate courtesy to everyone else (which your not doing) these threads would be very boring (like some of the other threads on xda-not saying anynames) and nobody would want to participate and share information in that type of enviroment....just saying

I understand a couple of posts in this thread were a little useless. (and i only read the first page lol) but it helps lighten the mood. Plus this was the first month after the phone was released,and im sure everyone was still meeting, and greeting people in the "new" thread at the time...Just saying

Lighten up a bit, enjoy the flowers (except for the guy thats allergic to them :D). and enjoy the forums:cool:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I used to smoke grass back in the day...
    Oh and eating grass will make your allergies go away.

Actually.... Getting "grass" injections over time will build up your immunity to grass pollen allergies. Tho won't make them go away. But anyway, this isn't about allergies, nor how many injections I get a week due to allergies. ;)

Lol first of all you do realize the LAST post in this thread was made 6 months ago right? and the thread was orginally made when the phone came out. So to honestly start a rant over a six month old thread is a little pointless...Just saying.

Also, the reply that you "quoted" was actually very useful information, but also surrounded by a little humor to lighten up the "bad" information. (and he stated a good point about placebo effect :D)...Just saying

and third if the ONLY thing we did in these threads were give out facts, upon information, and showed no personality in our posts and demonstrate courtesy to everyone else (which your not doing) these threads would be very boring (like some of the other threads on xda-not saying anynames) and nobody would want to participate and share information in that type of enviroment....just saying

I understand a couple of posts in this thread were a little useless. (and i only read the first page lol) but it helps lighten the mood. Plus this was the first month after the phone was released,and im sure everyone was still meeting, and greeting people in the "new" thread at the time...Just saying

Lighten up a bit, enjoy the flowers (except for the guy thats allergic to them :D). and enjoy the forums:cool:
    LOL, um, nope. In fact they can actually BLOCK signal.

1. You're not making any contact with the REAL antenna.
    2. Antennas are tuned to 1/4 or 1/2 wavelength of the signal being broadcast.

If you paid for it, you just qualified for the "sucker born every minute" line from P.T. Barnum. Sorry.

I know a bit about antenna theory and design. My amateur radio call sign is KG4AIB and I've been licensed for quite a few years.
    I used to smoke grass back in the day...

I almost want to thank you for the LAUGH.