[DEV DONATIONS] "Donation Rotation" Thread - Current Dev: xtremekilla09

Search This thread

kornklown69

Jan 21, 2011
Springfield, Missouri
Just sent beat xtremekilla09's official infuse chipin page if you have any queation about this dev or his work pm me i can send you links to his wonderful work with team phoenix on the captivate thread and his dialer mods as well as firefly his work of art ROM check him out on the captivate thread!!!

Here:

http://xtreme.chipin.com/infuse-4g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

beatblaster

Jul 23, 2008
Chicagoland
Just sent beat xtremekilla09's official infuse chipin page if you have any queation about this dev or his work pm me i can send you links to his wonderful work with team phoenix on the captivate thread and his dialer mods as well as firefly his work of art ROM check him out on the captivate thread!!!

Here:

http://xtreme.chipin.com/infuse-4g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App
Donation link added to the OP!

Dlev7

Nov 14, 2010
Donation link added to the OP!

Hey OP, this has been coming along tremendously. I have been carefully watching the progress on here, because honestly I dont wanna spend 700 dollars on an SGS II, and to be honest I like the idea of a super thin huge display.

So obviously this thread and the Odin Stock ROM thread are the two I bookmark : D. Hahha, but could you post like the checkpoints we are at for our donations. Personally I've always been a MikeyMike fan but everyone on here I have always used there Captivate stuff and will be glad to donate to them as well once the paycheck comes again next thursday. Hahha,

I am just wondering what we are donation wise for each developer and how close we are to bring them over to the infuse?

Thanks!

beatblaster

Jul 23, 2008
Chicagoland
Hey OP, this has been coming along tremendously. I have been carefully watching the progress on here, because honestly I dont wanna spend 700 dollars on an SGS II, and to be honest I like the idea of a super thin huge display.

So obviously this thread and the Odin Stock ROM thread are the two I bookmark : D. Hahha, but could you post like the checkpoints we are at for our donations. Personally I've always been a MikeyMike fan but everyone on here I have always used there Captivate stuff and will be glad to donate to them as well once the paycheck comes again next thursday. Hahha,

I am just wondering what we are donation wise for each developer and how close we are to bring them over to the infuse?

Thanks!
Actually, if you click each donation link you can see the progress and how close we are to each devs goals. Just so everyone is on the same page though, here's our current numbers and goals:

(current/goal)

MikeyMike01: $320/$550
Gtg465x: $115/$250
netarchy: $15/$550
xtremekilla09: $0/$450

Reactions: Dlev7

beatblaster

Jul 23, 2008
Chicagoland

MikeyMike01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2010
I love how Amazon is selling it for more than the off-contract price at AT&T.

What a load of crap.

bella92108

Feb 15, 2011
California
I don't mean to sound ungrateful, or pompous, but this is kinda ridiculous.

Do you buy a software developer a computer then get the software for free? No, the developer makes the program (even if it means they have to buy a computer and hardware to do so), then proves himself worthy by delivering a quality finished product and people pay for it.

Why would it not be the same case here? In any other scenario, the guy who wants to write a ROM buys the phone and then what makes the quality product is the competition between devs to make the best ROM, and the guy who makes the best one gets the most donations from users. This thread is so backwards, wow.

And $550? Uhm... I bought 3 SEALED Infuse 4G new in box for $410 each on CraigsList. Not sure where $550 is, even the AT&T store is $499, but that's silly to buy there when there are tons on CL and eBay for less.

I'll donate when I see someone put out a quality product. :)

Last edited:

MikeyMike01

Jul 23, 2010
And $550? Uhm... I bought 3 SEALED Infuse 4G new in box for $410 each.

Good thing you posted a link to where. :rolleyes:

Not sure where $550 is, even the AT&T store is $499

bCC0P.png

to buy there when there are tons on CL and eBay for less.

http://cell-phones.shop.ebay.com/Ce...p=15&_stpos=11550&_trksid=p3286.c0.m301&gbr=1

There's also two auctions that are about to end. Both are $500. Of all the completed listings, the cheapest was $425. Most are in the $475+ area.

Last edited:

bella92108

Feb 15, 2011
California
Good thing you posted a link to where. :rolleyes:

Craigslist.

The average selling price on eBay is $505, which after eBay and PayPal and shipping fees are paid nets the seller about $395, so there are a lot of deals to be had if you're in larger markets where there are big CraigsList Populations.

Weird, here in the Bay Area the no-commitment pricing on the phone is $499 at the AT&T stores. I'm guessing since we have MetroPCS and a couple other competitive MVNOs they have to be a little more aggressive. Or they just realize the network is even more sub-par than the national average, so they have to throw us a bone, lol.

bella92108

Feb 15, 2011
California
I refuse to buy anything on CraigsList. Ever.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

Seriously, you just quoted the scam warning? Wow. Are you from a small town in Iowa? Not to be rude, but you just made the point as to why Americans have a bad reputation in the rest of the world. You're afraid to go to Mexico because the 10 oclock news says you'll get killed by drug cartels. You won't go to the middle east because Glen Beck says it's too dangerous. You won't eat in a local restaurant in China because it's not a chain restaurant called Applebees.

There are millions of craigslist transactions completed successfully every day. I'd bet less than 1% are scams. If you're meeting someone in your neighborhood at Starbucks and inspecting the goods prior to paying, there's no scam there. If you wire money to a bank in Nigeria with the seller promising to send you a computer for $99 it's your own idiocy. Take some personal accountability in life, don't just listen to yellow journalism and assume that the 1% is the norm. I bet that in 1% of the case of AT&T store purchases the rep is in the back copying credit card info... you have way too much faith in a false sense of security system.

Seriously, this thread is pissing me off and souring my taste for my new Infuse and I haven't even set up my account on it yet, so I'm just going to step away.

I want to develop Mac Pro Apps, anyone wanna buy me a $4000 computer? I promise I'll make a good app. C'mon!

beatblaster

Jul 23, 2008
Chicagoland
Seriously, you just quoted the scam warning? Wow. Are you from a small town in Iowa? Not to be rude, but you just made the point as to why Americans have a bad reputation in the rest of the world. You're afraid to go to Mexico because the 10 oclock news says you'll get killed by drug cartels. You won't go to the middle east because Glen Beck says it's too dangerous. You won't eat in a local restaurant in China because it's not a chain restaurant called Applebees.

There are millions of craigslist transactions completed successfully every day. I'd bet less than 1% are scams. If you're meeting someone in your neighborhood at Starbucks and inspecting the goods prior to paying, there's no scam there. If you wire money to a bank in Nigeria with the seller promising to send you a computer for $99 it's your own idiocy. Take some personal accountability in life, don't just listen to yellow journalism and assume that the 1% is the norm. I bet that in 1% of the case of AT&T store purchases the rep is in the back copying credit card info... you have way too much faith in a false sense of security system.

Seriously, this thread is pissing me off and souring my taste for my new Infuse and I haven't even set up my account on it yet, so I'm just going to step away.

I want to develop Mac Pro Apps, anyone wanna buy me a $4000 computer? I promise I'll make a good app. C'mon!
Yo.....

I'm going to be nice when I say this: please go away. I just read your posts and all they are is troll, troll, troll. Everything was smooth sailing until you showed up and now you're harassing a developer? Seriously, don't do that on my thread. Keep it up and I will report you to Neo.

Thanks for your understanding.

netarchy

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, TX
github.com
Okay. Kinda old-school, but whatever. If you were a seller you'd understand. eBay\PayPal takes almost 25% of a large transaction. Screw that.

You also should understand that we were approached about developing on the phone, not the other way around.

If the community sees fit to put phones in some developer hands to work on, that's amazing; if not, I'm sure other developers will inevitably surface to work on the phone as well (and make no mistake, it is a sexy phone in many aspects).

As I've told Beatblaster, who approached me inquiring if I would be willing to work on the phone if I had one: I'll work on any android device it if I have it. I'm sure the other devs who have been asked the same thing feel the same way.

bella92108

Feb 15, 2011
California
Yo.....

I'm going to be nice when I say this: please go away. I just read your posts and all they are is troll, troll, troll. Everything was smooth sailing until you showed up and now you're harassing a developer? Seriously, don't do that on my thread. Keep it up and I will report you to Neo.

Thanks for your understanding.

Wow, seriously? That's very misguided. You do realize this site is a business, not some gift to those who grace it with their presence? See the advertisements all over? Those are SPONSORS.... companies who pay based on people like me coming to the site and then supporting their companies. It's very annoying that you lash out at me for simply expressing my feeling that I think it's inappropriate to have a "donation drive" to buy the developers devices who then receive donations for their finished product.

If you disagree with me, that's fine, and you can vocalize it, but don't get on a high horse and recognize yourself as having the right opinion and dismissing that of others. I've donated to many great developers, and I simply expressed that I felt it was more appropriate for developers with finished products to receive donations.

You can disagree, and I'm sorry if I offended you, but when you play nazi thread dictator, you resort to what Apple does to their user base, and is counteracting everything that Android and free exchange of ideas is about. Realize that not everyone will always agree with you. If you want to dictate, get a blog that's closed to responses, but I personally appreciate hearing from those who agree AND disagree with something I have to say, and that is the purpose of a COMMUNITY FORUM.

Sorry to have offended you with my opinion.

MikeyMike01

Jul 23, 2010
You also should understand that we were approached about developing on the phone, not the other way around.

Excellent point. All I did was set up the chipin thing to coordinate the donations people wanted to send me.

While I'd love to rip your silly statements to pieces, I won't. I'll just ignore them and keep to the topic.

I won't buy anything on Craigslist because there's no guarantee it will work, no higher authority to appeal to and resolve issues, and it's plain inconvienent to have to coordinate a meeting location.

Not because of Gilgo Beach. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Grim Reaper

bella92108

Feb 15, 2011
California

If the community sees fit to put phones in some developer hands to work on, that's amazing; if not, I'm sure other developers will inevitably surface to work on the phone as well (and make no mistake, it is a sexy phone in many aspects).

As I've told Beatblaster, who approached me inquiring if I would be willing to work on the phone if I had one: I'll work on any android device it if I have it. I'm sure the other devs who have been asked the same thing feel the same way.

And I understand and appreciate the hard work ANY developer puts into software, which is why if you look at my track record (previous device Inspire 4G), I've contributed to several creators of ROMs after trying several and settling on a ROM I like. :)

Imagine if you prepaid for versions of OS's... do you think Microsoft would put as much effort into quality if they had already been paid for Windows 10? Of course not. :)

bella92108

Feb 15, 2011
California
I won't buy anything on Craigslist because there's no guarantee it will work, no higher authority to appeal to and resolve issues, and it's plain inconvienent to have to coordinate a meeting location.

Understood... I guess it's a personal preference. The fear of no guarantee of something working is real, but I typically only buy new sealed items, but certainly can appreciate your concern with something that were used. you better stay away from used car dealerships, or any cars that a previous buyer might have test driven, hehe....

But do know that buying something on CL doesn't necessarily void a warranty... I can take my craigslist iPhone or Infuse in and get it swapped at AT&T in two minutes just the same as if I had bought it from them. I don't want to be argumentative, just making sure you're aware of the realities as there's so much yellow journalism about CL and eBay and other re-sale sites.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone! It's become apparent that we have developers who are interested in developing for the Samsung Infuse but there's only one problem - they don't own an Infuse!! So, after many back and forth discussions throughout the threads I've decided to begin a "Donation Rotation" thread where we post a selected developer's Infuse donation link in the OP so that it's easy to find. Once we can get a device in enough devs' hands we should grow into quite the community centered around our shiny, new device - the Samsung Infuse!

The current Donation Rotation dev is: xtremekilla09 !!

The current goal to get a device in xtremekilla09's hands is $450

You can check the current status of donations by clicking on the donation link listed below:

Donate to xtremekilla09

Who would YOU like to see as the next Donation Rotation dev? Let everyone know in the thread.

Best of luck to our own part of XDA :) Have a nice day!
    Ok folks, I came across an opportunity to get a new infuse 4g with a 2 year warranty for a little more than had been raised in the fundraiser, so I have gone ahead and pulled the trigger and ordered it.

It should be arriving next week, at which point I can start working on kernel sources and have something to test with. No more donations to the fundraiser are necessary for myself, please direct your fundraising efforts towards the devs who still need to raise the funds to acquire the phone.

Thank you all very much for the support, I am looking forward to seeing what we can do with this phone.
    BAM! Done. Donated. gtg and MikeyMike.
    This support for the Infuse community/Devs is moving along fast. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App
    Hey beat i started a new thread about Xtremekilla09 check out his work hes a part of team phoenix and has amazing work i dont see a need for another donation thread so if i get a donation like would you add it to your post since i do remember some members wanting team phoenix work over on the infuse and a few have mentioned firefly to come over
    Absolutely! Get me their donation link and I'll be happy to post it on up.
    So let me get this straight - just because they received donations they have to work on your schedule?

Gimmie a break guys. Everyone knows the devs are waiting for Gingerbread. If some devs are not - THAT'S AWESOME! But for the others who are - that's their choice.

Either way it goes, I agree with Nop on one very important point: It's just a phone.