[ROM] OmniROM Unofficial [2013-10-31]

Search This thread

jcollier

Jan 11, 2008
Houston, TX
Compared to other ROMs, this one gives longer battery life but charges much slower. I'd like to try out other kernels but if it doesn't work out, is there a way to revert back without flashing the ROM over again? Can you post the kaladin@bliss #1 kernel as a flashable zip?

You could dirty flash the ROM to get back to the original kernel.

mrRobinson

Dec 20, 2010
Compared to other ROMs, this one gives longer battery life but charges much slower. I'd like to try out other kernels but if it doesn't work out, is there a way to revert back without flashing the ROM over again? Can you post the kaladin@bliss #1 kernel as a flashable zip?

dirty flashing the rom will be the best bet. esp since other kernels might flash other libs into /system so dirty flash of the rom ensures you get everything back the way it was.

Reactions: griffinj

ashwin1234

Sep 3, 2011
Could someone please post a screenshot of the multi window in action? I don't currently have my N10 with me now, but I'm definitely gonna flash this once I get it back :)

Attack_Dog

Aug 22, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Google Maps and Chrome Beta.

MZMGz1e.png

Last edited:

David 617

May 12, 2011
Has anyone tried Franko kernel on this ROM? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk now Free

Last edited:

stonebear

Sep 26, 2011
Has anyone tried Frank kernel on this ROM? Thanks

lol

Any kernel will work.

I don't use the split screen thing much but I still like it, it is the best of all the new stuff like Halo ect. I could never get into that, dunno why. But split screen on a biggish screen is something that should exist, even if I don't use it, lol.

Reactions: David 617

David 617

May 12, 2011
dirty flashing the rom will be the best bet. esp since other kernels might flash other libs into /system so dirty flash of the rom ensures you get everything back the way it was.

This ROM looks really cool, and I'm pumped about this project.
Not asking for an eta, but will there be a build today and should I wait to flash?

Thanks MrRobinson for your hard work, both on AOKP and now here.

mrRobinson

Dec 20, 2010
This ROM looks really cool, and I'm pumped about this project.
Not asking for an eta, but will there be a build today and should I wait to flash?

Thanks MrRobinson for your hard work, both on AOKP and now here.

I am building. Wasn't going to post, not much changed. I guess I see custom brightness and a bunch of DashClock updates. If there are no issues I'll throw it up.

rkirmeier

Jun 18, 2010
I must say I am pleasantly surprised how stable and fast this rom is. I expected some buggy rom but that is not the case. However the main reason I wanted this rom was for the multi-window feature which clearly needs a lot of work. Very nice start though!

Jeevez

Dec 3, 2010
Great ROM

Great to have a ROM that adds this kind of functionality to an already awesome device. Been stable/fast so far after first couple days use. Can be a bit finicky getting the multi window to work how you want sometimes I find. Best solution I can think of is (if possible) add "Snap Left" and "Snap Right" options in multi task screen as opposed to just "Add to Split View." Would make it much easier to get the desired multi window effect every time. Great ROM though, looking forward to further refinements.

Last edited:

Serious_Beans

Feb 17, 2011
Anyone's Google account settings fc? I can't sync my Google account.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Yamahar6riding

Jul 7, 2012
Atlanta
Play Store not working

I did a factory wipe, wiped the dalvik, wiped the cache, flashed the ROM and ten flashed the gapps. Boots fine bu after set up it tries to update the apps and download my apps but fails. It returns a RPC:S-5:AEC-0 error every time. Any ideas? I re-flashed it twice and the same problem each time. Really excited to try this ROM.

Targaeryan

Aug 21, 2013
I did a factory wipe, wiped the dalvik, wiped the cache, flashed the ROM and ten flashed the gapps. Boots fine bu after set up it tries to update the apps and download my apps but fails. It returns a RPC:S-5:AEC-0 error every time. Any ideas? I re-flashed it twice and the same problem each time. Really excited to try this ROM.

Try using different gapps. I always use PA gapps and its worked well with no issues.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1374068_648929261806730_537168899_n.jpg

What is OmniROM?
    This is a new ROM that was just announced at the Big Android BBQ. Some of the developers involved include: XDA Elite Recognized Developers Xplodwild, Chainfire, and Dees_Troy. To learn more about the ROM visit omnirom.org

How to Flash?
    • Flash Rom
    • Flash Gapps

Downloads
    Download ROM :: omni-4.3.1-20131031-manta-BUTTERED.zip
    -
    Download Gapps :: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM Unofficial 4.3.1, a ROM for the Google Nexus 10

Contributors
    mrRobinson
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2013-10-17
    Last Updated 2013-10-30
    OP Updated with new build.

Note: SuperSU is now built-in. No need to flash the SuperSU zip. Just flash the ROM and Gapps.
    I've just been busy with other things and figured I'd let the 4.4 dust settle. More than likely I'll post up an omni build this week sometime.
    OP Updated. Check the changelog in Post 2.
    Change Log:

Code:
    [2013-10-31]
    -- Updates to MultiWindow
    -- Updates to included SuperSu
    -- Compiled Omni Kernel 
    -- Bionic updates
    -- OmniGears: notification lights - support for devices without multi-color led
    -- add support for adb over network
    -- Settings: notification lights - fix for devices without leds
    -- DSPManager: Save and load presets from external storage
    -- volume panel styles and tweaks
    -- notification led updates
    -- Add more animation speeds thanks to vanir
    -- volume wake
    -- better font control
    -- wifi: Allow configuration of country code for wifi
    -- Fix Shutdown strings being used for reboot prompts

[2013-10-21]
    -- SuperSu built-in