Confirmed: Sprint 4.3 released and discussion thread

Search This thread

jj14

Mar 5, 2008
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/1...or-the-galaxy-s4-s4-active-s-iii-and-note-ii/

AP is usually pretty accurate. Dates are always subject to change based on carrier, but the current target date for Sprint S4 4.3 update appears to be 10/30

Edit: according to the article, the Verizon update was expected to be released today, and it did - http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/1...now-lists-android-4-3-ota-update-i545vruemj7/

2 days to go for 10/30 - woohoo!

Edit 2: http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/1...sprints-galaxy-s4-is-ready-right-on-schedule/
Now, waiting for "I got it" threads, and for "4.3 flashable, rooted available here"

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dr_funk_13

I'm looking forward to a TW rom with 4.3, but I'm really wanting the AOSP 4.4 Rom

DJMaj07

Dec 25, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8+
What's new for 4.4? I'm mostly looking forward to 4.3 to utilize the NotificationListener service.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
If we are just getting 4.3 on Halloween then chances are we won't see KitKat until December-January, possibly even February! :/

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
Seems like with this phone, by the time the full tar.md5 is discovered, there's already a flash for root and hotspot. The hard part is to find the strength to wait past the update zip and tar and go for the full flash. With this phone, and decades of pc updates with Windows, the best and most thorough experience is had with waiting for the full flash, not update, to surface. Yes the updates work but my opinion is held that a full install is better than just a patch update. Your mileage may vary.

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
It has been officially announced, it just isn't running on any devices yet.

It has only been "announced" in the sense that Google revealed the name and version number in an online post. They haven't actually held a traditional announcement in which they give release info and go over the new features that are included. We don't know when it's coming out or what all it includes yet.

clshores

Sep 3, 2008
Middle Tennessee
It has only been "announced" in the sense that Google revealed the name and version number in an online post. They haven't actually held a traditional announcement in which they give release info and go over the new features that are included. We don't know when it's coming out or what all it includes yet.

That announcement will be made when announce the new Nexus devices since they will be offered with 4.4 out of the box in all likelihood.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Sammobile listing leaked 4.3 builds for AT&T phones. Sounds like they have kept a tight grip on the 4.3 release. I would have expected at least one early release to be leaked before the OTA is available.

Top Liked Posts