[Q] Trouble Installing Windows 8.1 HELP

Search This thread

dreammaster252

Aug 4, 2012
Lexington
I have windows 8, I noticed Microsoft had a free windows 8.1 update. I can't see the update, when I download a windows 8.1 tool by microsoft that allows me to download it it tells me that my pc does not meet the requirements. My laptop had windows 7 but I decided to go with Windows 8 Pro and it runs perfectly fine. I really need help installing this so I can get access to the store please help.

birdy1s

Oct 25, 2009
I'm no pro by any means, but I had trouble installing 8.1 on my surface. Make sure that you have all of the updates before you attempt. Sometimes you have to shutdown and restart, so the updates can install. That's where I had my problems. even though it should shutdown and restart, sometimes it doesn't.
Or you may have some scheduled updates that you need to update now. I hope that helps. ... it's a pain.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

prasobnair

Jan 11, 2014
Cochin
You can see the update of 8.1in the windows store.... But all you have to do is update your windows 8. The essential file of store has to be upgraded to avail 8.1 update visible. Once you update windows 8. Restart your pc and then check your store.. 99% you should see windows 8.1 update.

The reason that your system doesnot meet requirement is because of 64 bit OS. I recommend to go with 32 bit. 8.1 does not need a lot hitech configuration. So you can install it. :)

Sent from my Micromax A110Q using XDA Premium 4 mobile app