Razr M can't deep sleep (tested all sorts of roms and kernels) *SOLVED

Search This thread

EjđiSixo

Dec 29, 2013
Tokyo-Zagreb
www.instagram.com
Hello to everyone. First of all thank you all in advance for answers. I searched the forums but always the same thing , and no solution for my problem.I am posting here because I can't post to the topics of specific roms in development section

So Motorola Razr M (XT902 Japanese softbank version)
I installed 2months ago Bare bones 1.2 ROM from this forum. The ROM is amazing, with couple of tweaks works exactly as I want it to!
But since I installed it I noticed excessive battery drain during night or everytime when phone should sleep. Didn't bother me at all since screen on time was still pretty decent if you just use phone more than it's idle. But recently situation changed and I need the best possible battery time..
Tested it it with few wakelock detection programs and come to the conclusion it's ROM/Kernel problem.
I tried a lot of ROMS with their Kernels. Including stock fastboot roms of XT 905 and XT907.
Then I tried again flashing stock softbank rom with kernel, and viola as soon as screen shuts down phone goes into deep sleep.
Later I tryed MIUI from this forum and also phone goes into deep sleep.

Since using a stock rom is not a option for me ( a lot of reasons) , I will be using MIUI for now but I would like to revert back to some of those XT907 - XT905 roms since they work great (except that)

So what are my options here? Anyone elese with these phones experienced deep sleep problem?
Thank you

Last edited:

EjđiSixo

Dec 29, 2013
Tokyo-Zagreb
www.instagram.com
SOLVED

Sorry to bring that old topic back, but just saw it and remember I solved it long time ago ,so in case somebody has same problem on Japanese Razr M:

Softbank 201m ( Razr M) has slightly different modules/drivers than other Razr M versions so when and if you flash Verzion or other stock firmware fastboot image through SBF , make sure not to flash kernel ,devtree and module releted files or your phone will not enter deep sleep and your gps will also not work. If you come across some problem, post here and we'll try to fix it.

Cheers