[Q] Bricked TouchPad even after Battery Replacement. Ideas?

Search This thread

tonytnnt

Mar 9, 2014
I have a 16GB HP TouchPad with CM9 on it, but unfortunately it was left off my Touchstone charger for too long (I thought it was charging, but it died, and I didn't know about the fact it would completely discharge until after it happened.)

Ever since then I've been trying to revive it. For awhile it would give me the battery symbol with a question mark, and then it changed to a different symbol, and then no symbol. I did some homework and tried using TPDebrick, but that doesn't seem to have fixed it. I also read that since the battery was dead, I could replace it with a new battery and it would likely fix the problem.

Unfortunately, after replacing it with a new battery from eBay, it still doesn't work. I've got the Touchpad (with the new battery) on the charger from the wall right now, and if that doesn't work overnight I'll try the Touchstone again in case the USB port is broken (I don't think it is because the Touchstone didn't charge the old battery after it completely drained.)

Anyone have some patience to help me bring this back from the dead? I still haven't snapped all the tabs in so I can open it up again easily in case there's something I need to do hardware wise. Also, this all started weeks ago -- prior to replacing the battery I left it on the wall charger and Touchstone for many days.

Last edited:

tonytnnt

Mar 9, 2014
What happened when you used tpdebrick? Did it run thru all the way to "All Done"?

It did not get all the way to done. I can't remember the error that was reported back, but I remember when I tried to look it up I didn't find much. I'll give tpdebrick a try again in the morning to see if it gives me an error.

chris5s

Ok. If it didn't complete to 'All Done', then you still have a problem with the touchpad and it will not revive.
If you encountered an error that ended in 'open multi error', then you have pretty much no options to revive the tablet...All possible errors with tpdebrick are fairly well documented in the rootzwiki thread...

Cheers