[Q] My samsung galaxy s keeps restarting

Search This thread

1Dredd

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
My Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant keeps restarting over and over. Its getting irritating that my phone can just be sitting then all of a sudden its rebooting up. Im running firmware 2.3.4 gb and Simply Honey 5.1...Can someone please help me with this problem..Thanks

daimler1727

Jan 4, 2012
We may have the same problems, sir, though we may have a very slight difference on the device we're using. I haven't tried using Galaxy S so I can't really vouch on this to work on your device.

Recently, I have experienced that too on my Galaxy S II. Here's what I did:

1) I cleared my browser's cache from the application...
2) I formatted my SD card using the SD Formatter from this link...
3) I installed WatchDog just in case something goes wrong.
4) I move all my apps to my phone. No more apps on my SD.

It was quite hard to narrow down which one was the culprit because I did all the abovementioned procedures at the same time without testing which of them works or not. But ever since I applied those procedures, I never got any random reboot up to this point yet.

User Theonew also mentioned that it might be #4 that caused it. If it won't take much of your time, you can give it a try. But I suggest you apply #4 before trying the rest.

Another thread also mentioned that Dolphin HD browser was the culprit on their device. I cannot comment on this because I was having random reboots when, in fact, I don't have Dolphin HD on my device.

Varma Ravi

Jun 13, 2012
Galaxy SL keeps Restarting..

Hi Guys..
I too had the same problem. My GT-I9003 suddenly started restarting and it keeps restarting untill battery drains. If I remove the battery or manually start it back again.. It will ask the setup and all my contacts, messages are lost. I tried several troubleshoots and of no use.. I gave it to samsung authorised service for three times and finally got the mother board replaced. But again the problem started on the same day. I faced this issue for around 2 weeks and thought of
throwing my phone away.. but finally one day I found the cause and solution for this issue..

The main reason for this issue is, our phone got bricked..(99% of chance for Soft Brick and 1% of chance for hard brick).
I tried the following troubleshoot.. (This is the resolution for Soft Brick Issue)

1. Turnoff the phone..
2. Press the Volume up key on the left side of the phone and Home key simultaneously..
3. Holding those two keys.. Press the power on key..
4. Now your phone enters into recovery mode
5. There select the option to Factory reset and do the factory reset. I remember it as 3rd option..
6. After the factory reset, clear the partition cache which will be the 4th option in recovery mode..
7. After doing both these, there will be an option to reboot the phone.. select and let the phone restart..

If your phone is Soft bricked.. the issue will be resolved.. as like mine. Still if the problem exists, then the phone might got hard bricked(u r d unlucky 1%) and try replacing the internal sd card..