Verizon One Max on T-Mobile LTE?

Search This thread

Antigen

Oct 12, 2007
Hi.
As far as I know from digging in the specs from different sources - one max from Verizon is capable of AWS LTE band 4.
The problem is that it never gets connected to LTE on T-Mo.
I have forced it from info menu to LTE only, but it stays disconnected.
Can anybody shed light on what may be preventing the Tmo AWS LTE to work on a AWS compatible one max.
May it be in need of software update?

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
*I believe* the aws has to be enabled through a software update like the gs4 was when aws was enabled for verizon. Otherwise I would be getting verizon aws speeds in my area with my verizon one max right now.

Reactions: Antigen

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
I'm currently using a note 3 Verizon on tmo lte. And band 4 had to be enabled in a hidden menu. If someone had the dial codes to the band selection on the HTC one max that would fix it.
saw the note 3 how to on tk tech news on youtube.
When I looked into this because I am in a verizon aws area it was not possible because we have the same setup as the verizon one (not the verizon s4 which I also have or n3). The One does not have the software part required for aws to work and neither would we.

TechSoft

Jul 15, 2010
Austin Texas
note 3, blackberry z30, lg g2, htc one max all on TMOBILE LTE!

When I looked into this because I am in a verizon aws area it was not possible because we have the same setup as the verizon one (not the verizon s4 which I also have or n3). The One does not have the software part required for aws to work and neither would we.

I just followed the procedure on a video at TK Tech News on YouTube. it shows the LG G2 working on TMOBILE LTE and they also stated putting a aosp rom on the HTC one max enables TMOBILE LTE or allows you to force cat 4 lte.

I'm in the process of rooting and s off this one to see if it works. it has and I've confirmed it working on the g2 and the note 3 as well as the blackberry z30.

thanks

Reactions: Jiggity Janx

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
I just followed the procedure on a video at TK Tech News on YouTube. it shows the LG G2 working on TMOBILE LTE and they also stated putting a aosp rom on the HTC one max enables TMOBILE LTE or allows you to force cat 4 lte.

I'm in the process of rooting and s off this one to see if it works. it has and I've confirmed it working on the g2 and the note 3 as well as the blackberry z30.

thanks
There is no aosp rom for the Max with working radio. No kernel source. So they can say putting a aosp rom on there does it all they want but no one can do it currently.

barrygeorge001001

Jan 17, 2008
Working!!!

That guy is full of it. But after some trial and error I got it working and have full 4G speed.

In build.prop change or add these if they dont exist

ro.ril.gprsclass=14
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14
ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.telephony.lteOnGSMDevice=1
ro.telephony.default_network=9

Also open the /system/customize/ACC/default.xml file, is a boolean variable “sku_id”. Change the value of “sku_id” to the t-mobile one. Then save the file, and reboot your device.

<item type="integer" name="sku_id">11</item>

Then go into the *#*#4636#*#* menu with the phone dialer (it will be enabled now) and change the network type to "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto"

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2014
That guy is full of it. But after some trial and error I got it working and have full 4G speed.

ro.ril.gprsclass=14
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14
ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
ro.ril.hsxpa=2

Also open the /system/customize/ACC/default.xml file, is a boolean variable “sku_id”. Change the value of “sku_id” to the t-mobile one. Then save the file, and reboot your device.

Then go into the *#*#4636#*#* menu with the phone dialer (it will be enabled now) and change the network type to "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto"

Did This work? If So I need somehelp on where i need to do to enter the codes. Do i need to me rooted?

Reactions: Piscean1989

g2096

Oct 24, 2013

ro.ril.gprsclass=14
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14
ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
ro.ril.hsxpa=2

Can anyone please tell me what I need to do to get to build.prop to change or add this information. I am currently rooted with s off and supercid, using NuSenseSIX Rom.

**Edit**
Nervermind I figured it out. There's a app called "buildprop editor" that takes you where to go and let's you add or change what you need to. Also you definetly need to change the sku id to 11 or it will not work. If you have problems saving the change to the sku id, install fx file explorer and fx file explorer (root ad-on) from the google play store. The apps were created by NextApp Inc. The FX file explorer has a lock icon that you click on in the upper right corner that will give r/w capabilities necessary to save any changes.

Last edited:

Piscean1989

Oct 7, 2013
Los Angeles
This may help further.....

ro.ril.gprsclass=14
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14
ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
ro.ril.hsxpa=2

I found out something tricky with this phone, "ro.ril.gprsclass=14" was causing my phone to hang on boot so I kept resetting it with the hardware keys so after I got it booted up, I proceeded to delete the ro.ril.gprsclass=14 in buildprop or sometimes the phone would delete it first and second I spotted a key that looked similar to "ro.telephony.lteOnGSMDevice=1" in buildprop which was "telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1". Noticed the CDMA wasn't all Caps????. So I modified the Key in buildprop to look like this "ro.telephony.lteOnGsmDevice=1", only the "G" is capped in GSM......And After I did that I restarted the phone and after it booted, I proceeded to phone test menu and changed it to "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto" and boom I've noticed the "4GLTE" showed up in my status bar so I did a speed test and surely I was getting 30 Mbps Down and 10 Mbps Up. One other good thing is my MMS IS WORKING!!!!!!! just ass fast as an SMS!!!!!

The Rom I'm Using Is: NuSenseSIX-LP_t6_RC5.0.4.2_11132015

UPDATE: Everytime you restart your device, the test menu reverts back to "GSM prl" so just put it back on "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto" and your LTE will return.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Working!!!

ro.ril.gprsclass=14
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2

*I believe* the aws has to be enabled through a software update like the gs4 was when aws was enabled for verizon. Otherwise I would be getting verizon aws speeds in my area with my verizon one max right now.
    note 3, blackberry z30, lg g2, htc one max all on TMOBILE LTE!

thanks

ro.ril.gprsclass=14
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2

Did This work? If So I need somehelp on where i need to do to enter the codes. Do i need to me rooted?