[Q] 4.3 downgrade??

Search This thread

wibirt14

Mar 16, 2014
Auburn
I was going through the 4.3 update discussion thread and came across twitter links to a possible downgrade from 4.3 to 4,1,2. Anyone have any new information on this? Is this true, and if so how can you do this.

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Let's not be fooled here one of two things are happening. Either it is a trick to get followers or they mistakenly "downgraded" a 4.3 rom that already had the insecure boot loader and are trying to figure out why it won't work again. There is no reason why the haven't put up the links already. I'm betting its a trick but who knows? Deep down inside I hope they figured something out.

BattsNotIncld

Oct 25, 2011
Let's not be fooled here one of two things are happening. Either it is a trick to get followers or they mistakenly "downgraded" a 4.3 rom that already had the insecure boot loader and are trying to figure out why it won't work again. There is no reason why the haven't put up the links already. I'm betting its a trick but who knows? Deep down inside I hope they figured something out.

MobileTechVideos is a very renown website and Josh Groce is a very respected developer. He wouldn't try to "trick" anyone to believe something like this isn't true. Also, there is a reason he wouldn't put up any links because this wouldn't be something that can be done on the software level. It's most likely a hardware mod and requires JTAG.

Could he have been mistaken and jumped the gun on this announcement? Possibly. However it wouldn't be something as simple as not realizing the phone already had an insecure bootloader. He knows what he is doing.

To get a taste of the stuff he does check out some of his youtube videos. Here's an example:

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
MobileTechVideos is a very renown website and Josh Groce is a very respected developer. He wouldn't try to "trick" anyone to believe something like this isn't true. Also, there is a reason he wouldn't put up any links because this wouldn't be something that can be done on the software level. It's most likely a hardware mod and requires JTAG.

Could he have been mistaken and jumped the gun on this announcem ibly. However it wouldn't be something as simple as not realizing the phone already had an insecure bootloader. He knows what he is doing.

To get a taste of the stuff he does check out some of his youtube videos. Here's an example:

I retract my last post. I took a look down in his Facebook posts and he accidentally found a way to downgrade. So call me crazy but you don't accidentally stumble across a fix like this if it requires a hardware mod and I thought jtag was proven to not work because of the efuse or qfuse or whatever its called. From the "feel" of his post he did a repair he has done before that works with both the 4.1.2 and 4.3 boot loader and didn't realize he mixed the two up until the customer told him he was on 4.3 before sending it in. I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about bootloaders and there operation. Perhaps he bypased the fuse by removing and programing the chip directly and that is his normal repair operation instead of jtag and that is why it worked? No matter what it is I am happy he figured it out and hope he gets a lot of business out of it. Sorry for my ramble I probably didn't need to post all of that but its done and I don't feel like deleting it.

yoyomonk

Aug 20, 2010
This is really exciting news, but I hope he updates soon. If he is wrong, I would not be mad but would rather know sooner than later. Right now, it's just a big tease :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Could he have been mistaken and jumped the gun on this announcement? Possibly. However it wouldn't be something as simple as not realizing the phone already had an insecure bootloader. He knows what he is doing.

Could he have been mistaken and jumped the gun on this announcem ibly. However it wouldn't be something as simple as not realizing the phone already had an insecure bootloader. He knows what he is doing.

I retract my last post. I took a look down in his Facebook posts and he accidentally found a way to downgrade. So call me crazy but you don't accidentally stumble across a fix like this if it requires a hardware mod and I thought jtag was proven to not work because of the efuse or qfuse or whatever its called. From the "feel" of his post he did a repair he has done before that works with both the 4.1.2 and 4.3 boot loader and didn't realize he mixed the two up until the customer told him he was on 4.3 before sending it in. I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about bootloaders and there operation. Perhaps he bypased the fuse by removing and programing the chip directly and that is his normal repair operation instead of jtag and that is why it worked? No matter what it is I am happy he figured it out and hope he gets a lot of business out of it. Sorry for my ramble I probably didn't need to post all of that but its done and I don't feel like deleting it.