Successful Flash International Version

Search This thread

Docmjldds

Jan 27, 2010
Henderson, NV
I did find that it wipes the INTERNAL SD CARD - so you may want to make copies of important folders and put them on the External SD Card so you don't loose anything important. (If you use Titanium Backup - copy the Titanium Backup folder from your internal SD card and put it on the Ext SD Card) or just change the backup location of Titanium Backup to use the external SD Card so you don't loose it) I dont recall seeing anything abou tthis in the OP - it might be but I didn't see it - I do know the same thing happened when flashing certain International ROMS on the Note 3

My bad...earlier I thought it did NOT wipe the Internal, but it did. I humbly am eating humble pie for stating the opposite earlier. I did copy everything prior so I am ok. I hope my info didn't cause grief for anyone else. I am basing this on the v1.2 which is the Aroma installer and did choose the full wipe method. I'm assuming that v1.0 and 1.1 did the same prior to the aroma installer.

asimons81

Just FYI, I flashed the posted Omega v 1.1 for the Galaxy S5 on the International site, on my T Mobile SM-G900T
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51857845

If I'm violating XDA policy here, my bad. Just wanted to let others no that as with the S4, many of the International ROMs worked. Your mileage may vary and I am NOT responsible if something happens to your device. I am using the twrp 2.7.0.0 version reference here in the rooting method for our TMobile S5's.

Currently finishing the installation process. I am not making any recommendations as to what ROMs are best etc. Just wanted to let others know that this worked for me.

Thanks a ton for this, man. I'd give you a thanks, but I'm out for the day. I'll definitely give it to you when I log back in though. I flashed the ROM and can also confirm it works great. I used TWRP. My main goal was to get my hotspot working; goal accomplished!! :good::good::good:

tp2215

Oct 2, 2010
Orlando
Can someone just confirm for me again that this is working on the T-mobile Galaxy S5? The reason why I am paranoid is that back when I was a noob several years ago, I accidentally flashed an international rom for my S3 and it hard bricked it do to different partition layouts. I just want to be sure before I flash.

On the other hand though, it would be incredible if know all the international roms will work with T-mobile. It will totally break down the wall on what we can install on our device and open up a world of mods, hacks etc. There are a lot more developers that work on the international version then on the us variants.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just FYI, I flashed the posted Omega v 1.1 for the Galaxy S5 on the International site, on my T Mobile SM-G900T
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51857845

If I'm violating XDA policy here, my bad. Just wanted to let others no that as with the S4, many of the International ROMs worked. Your mileage may vary and I am NOT responsible if something happens to your device. I am using the twrp 2.7.0.0 version reference here in the rooting method for our TMobile S5's.

Currently finishing the installation process. I am not making any recommendations as to what ROMs are best etc. Just wanted to let others know that this worked for me.
    I was hoping someone would try this - Can you verify if Wifi and Bluetooth are working properly? ON the Note 3 we could flash international roms but had to flash a fix to get Wifi Working. is it working for you?

WiFi and Bluetooth working right out of the box. No fixes needed.
    What about the kernel? You are using the t mobile kernel or the stock international that comes with omega?

Stock from Omega. I did notice the recovery screen quickly flashing a message in the upper left of the screen something about the kernel and being "compliant" (just a guess on remembering) but after it completed the flash and booted up just fine and wifi worked instantly, so I basically let it go in passing.
    Hacked hotspot works too?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yes, just checked, the hotspot features work just the same.
    Yes, just checked, the hotspot features work just the same.

Thank you. I might need to flash this then. I reaaaaly need my hotspot lol.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk