[P-ROM] GingerBlur ★ v4.5 ★ 6/3

Search This thread

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
WTF??? I've done a couple of re-boots, and now my gingerbread keyboard is gone! It has revered back to stock???? Any ideas? I know it installed just fine, b/c i was texting with the new keyboard after installing 7.7

***Edit***

Well, my gingerbread keyboard has gone bye bye for some unknown reason... attempting to flash 7.7 again.

***Edit***

Back to normal after re-installing 7.7... that was really weird.

Last edited:

sagerox

Jul 26, 2010
The only problem I have noticed is that speak to text isn't working. It may have already been brought up, if it has then sorry for the redundancy.

Otherwise, battery seems really good so far, and all of the hacks are working perfectly.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

MrMilano

Mar 23, 2011
I just re-flashed 7.7 on a clean sbf (no addons)

Everything is running perfectly. Fixed the facebook sync issue I had experienced going from 7.1 to 7.5/7.6.

7.7 seems good to go.

franciscojavierleon

Jul 16, 2010
Maracaibo
Here's why - take a look at the icons from a stock ATRIX:

15f4wvo.jpg

Notice that the H+ image is used for 'connected' in both 3G and H (guess there isn't a separate H+). I believe Ken replaced stat_sys_data_connected_3g.png with a 3G image, but didn't replace images for stat_sys_data_in_3g.png, stat_sys_data_out_3g.png, and stat_sys_data_inandout_3g.png. So the confusion comes in as it appears to some users as if whenever data is being exchanged, they are jumping from 3G to H+. A simple fix would be to add the images for 3G with arrows in the appropriate file locations. Oops, forgot stat_sys_data_notconnected_3g.png. :cool:

i hope this doesn't get changed, since i am able to easily see when i am transferring data or not (it's easier to see the letter change rather than the little up/down arrows)

So i was right, the letter change meant data was being transferred, so this means if you are always on H on this mod you are transferring data like crazy.

Mustang302LX

Feb 28, 2011
Petaluma, CA
I love how Motorola/AT&T set it up that way. I guess they wanted us to feel as if we are on their "4G" network. The Inspire is set up the same way. Always shows H+. What a sham!

live4nyy

Mar 5, 2011
I love how Motorola/AT&T set it up that way. I guess they wanted us to feel as if we are on their "4G" network. The Inspire is set up the same way. Always shows H+. What a sham!

It kind of makes me sick to my stomach to think something as simple as changing a png image could ultimately tell us the truth about our data connection. Shame on AT&T

Mustang302LX

Feb 28, 2011
Petaluma, CA
It kind of makes me sick to my stomach to think something as simple as changing a png image could ultimately tell us the truth about our data connection. Shame on AT&T

Exatly. The fact they left 3G out of this phone and the Inspire tells you the scam that AT&T is trying to pull on us all. I guess they think we are all dumb common people who have no clue of the real world.

Dubee24

Mar 23, 2011
San Francisco
I don't know if anyone else noticed this. When in webtop mode when you try to watch a video that is on the phone it takes you to the entertainment center and plays the video in the background and the screen goes black not sure if its a possible bug or a motor thing

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

tuantuti

Nov 2, 2006
Ho Chi Minh
My lock screen is gone now after sereval scrren off. I even turn off screen, wait for 5 mins then turn back on, but still no lock screen, it goes straight to home screen. Im not sure if its Rom issue, try to uninstall some apps cuz i thought they might cause the problem (alarm plus and gentle alarm), but no luck. Anyone have any ideas, or the same issue ?

lurchbyrep

Mar 5, 2011
Pocatello, ID
Just flashed 7.7 over 7.5, and phone is rebooting now. I did not receive prompts about any of these hacks: Hulu, Mirroring, Webtop. Have they been removed?

sssp

Apr 19, 2007
I just flashed 7.7 on a clean sbf
I noticed in the description it says that Flash 10.2 is packed in with the hulu hack.
Did 7.7 remove this feature?
I didn't get flash installed with 7.7

Just flashed 7.7 over 7.5, and phone is rebooting now. I did not receive prompts about any of these hacks: Hulu, Mirroring, Webtop. Have they been removed?

I just did a fresh install of 7.7 (clean sbf). My install did not say anythign about this either

Last edited:

holtenc

Feb 20, 2011
Ive been trying to get the original text messaging that came on the phone (blur?). Anyone know if that's possible? Ive tried renaming/installing messaging messaging.apk.bak and socialmessaging.apk.bak. none of this works however.

anyone else have any ideas?

Figured this out. Apparently ken has already addressed this with someone else about 50 pages back (only 2 days ago..WTF). I had guess I had used the wrong key words when I searched ealier.

for anyone interested:

rename /system/app/mms.apk to /system/app/mms.apk.back
rename /system/app/conversations.apk.bak to /system/app/converstaions.apk

and if you're lazy and Ken made someone an install script/package that does this very thing for you. it's in THIS PAGE

Last edited:

bigdje

Mar 10, 2011
I just installed 7.7

What do i have to do to get hulu to work. I see below it talks about hulu hack and on 7.2 added option for mod for flash.

Beta 7:
7.7 – fixed Webtop, HDMI, Flash library Hulu hack and made the installer lighter, faster
7.6 – fixed Messaging applications, cleaner installer, fixed contact unknown picture in Contacts application, fixed HDMI hack, fixed Webtop hack
7.2 – added option for Hulu mod for flash

MrMilano

Mar 23, 2011
To everyone having issues with the add-on hacks in 7.7; you need to run the "ADDONS" batch file after running the normal "INSTALL" batch file. That will bring up the prompts for and afterwards install the hulu, webtop, and hdmi mirroring hacks.

Also, Flash 10.2 installed in the normal install file for me, might be an issue with your installation.

lurchbyrep

Mar 5, 2011
Pocatello, ID
I just uninstalled 7.7. Along with no prompts for the hacks, it also erased all of my contacts. I'm now reinstalling 7.5 and trying to get my contacts back (they're still on my SIM, but the phone won't recognize them).

lurchbyrep

Mar 5, 2011
Pocatello, ID
To everyone having issues with the add-on hacks in 7.7; you need to run the "ADDONS" batch file after running the normal "INSTALL" batch file. That will bring up the prompts for and afterwards install the hulu, webtop, and hdmi mirroring hacks.

Also, Flash 10.2 installed in the normal install file for me, might be an issue with your installation.
Thank you. I did not notice that.

DKRussell

Mar 8, 2011
PDX OR
Not trying to sound like an idiot (for some of us we don't have to try, call it a gift lol) but why does the actual link for the 7.7 beta say 7.6?

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING
    DO NOT INSTALL ON BELL ATRIX FOR THE TIME BEING. INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE.
    Shameless Plug
    Download, Changelog
    Installation Guide for n00bs
    Addons & Hacks

GitBrew.org
    Are you a developer looking for anonymous 100mbit mirror creation? Contact admin@gitbrew.org for information.
    Credits
    Ririal
    for the Media Scanning tweak
    Fenny

for the awesome Webtop mod
    weichel
    for HDMI mirroring
    tenfar
    CWM recovery port
    agentdr8
    Flash library for Hulu playing in Dolphin browser
    GitBrew.org
    Download links provided!
    Donate
    Donations (click here) are welcome. Make sure to donate to tenfar, Ririal, Fenny, synergye, weichel, and other developers! They worked on many of the pieces in this ROM. See the credits above.

If you'd like to help me out, visit my website, subscribe via Twitter for exclusive Beta links, and check out my website's articles.
    HELP!

Screenshots

Screenshots

QBGHw.jpg
    Step-by-Step Directions for GingerBlur installation

Prerequisites
    RSD Lite
    1.2.6 SBF
    Full battery for SBF flash is highly recommended if you don't want a brick

Root v2
    Tenfar's CWM recovery
    Windows PC
    Drivers installed
    32-bit or 64-bit
    Outline
    Part Zero - Download GingerBlur

1. Download the GingerBlur installation .zip from the GingerBlur website
    2. Mount your Atrix 4G via USB and put the GingerBlur installation .zip file on your external micro SD card
    Part One - SBF Flash 1.2.6

1. Download RSD Lite from the link above
    2. Install RSD Lite on your computer
    3. Unplug your device from USB
    4. Turn off your device
    5. Hold down the "Volume Up" button and the "Power" button while turning on your device until it says "Starting RSD protocol support"
    6. Run RSD Lite on your computer
    7. Press the ". . ." button next to the box labeled "Filename"
    8. Download the 1.2.6 SBF file and extract it from the .zip
      Password: atrixbl
    9. Load up the SBF file
      • The SBF file is located inside of the zipped file, you must extract it out before loading it into RSD Lite
      • Use WinRAR or 7-Zip to extract the file on your computer
    10. Plug your device into your computer
      • Use the USB ports on the back side of your computer for safety
    11. RSD Lite should recognize your device and say “Model: NS Flash Olympus” and “Connected…”
    12. Press the “Start” button
    13. Be patient while the phone reboots. It will take a long time.
    14. Congratulations!
    Part Two - Root v2

1. Download Ririal's Root v2
    2. Extract the files to C:\retainroot. Do not install anywhere else.
    3. Enable USB debugging (Settings -> Applications -> Development)
    4. Connect your device to the USB port
    5. Set USB mode to "None"
    6. Run beforeupdate.bat
      (If you're using Windows 7, run as admin by holding down control and double-clicking)
    7. Verify that there are no errors before updating
    8. Go to Settings -> About phone -> System updates
    9. Follow the on-screen instructions. First download the update (you will need a Wi-Fi connection for this), then it will prompt you to install.
    10. The update will reboot the device and install itself
    11. When it boots back up, verify USB debugging is still on (Settings -> Applications -> Development)
    12. Run afterupdate.bat
      (If you're using Windows 7, run as admin by holding down control and double-clicking)
    13. Make sure you allow the superuser request (quickly) on your phone
    14. Now you're rooted on 1.5.7!
    Part Three - Tenfar's CWM Recovery

1. Download Tenfar's CWM Recovery
    2. Mount your device to USB
    3. Put the .apk on your device
    4. Unplug your device
    5. Navigate to the file explorer, install "MOTOA4_Bootstrap_0404_1549-signed.apk"
    6. When the installation completes, run the application
    7. Click "Install Recovery"
    8. Accept the Superuser request
    9. Click "Install Recovery" again for good measure
    10. After success, plug your Atrix 4G into the wall adapter
    11. Verify that your phone is charging from the wall
    12. Press "Recovery Boot"
    13. Your device will now slowly reboot into Tenfar's CWM Recovery
    14. Click “install zip from SDCARD”
    15. Choose zip from sdcard
    16. Pick the GingerBlur .zip
    17. Install it!
    What the heck?!

• Blame Motorola for patching the root method so that we have to do all the retain root steps
    • Older versions of GingerBlur, MODs, etc. can mess things up... so we need to flash the SBF
    • Don't worry! There will be fewer steps for future updates. In the future, you'll just need to throw a brand new update .zip file on your SD card and flash it through recovery.
    GingerBlur v4
    - New framework-res with easy no error decompilation
    - Updated applications
    - Fixed sdcard mount sound disable
    - Added 3G/H distinction :)

Sorry I could not fix the Root Explorer problem. Let's all cross our fingers and hope Gingerbread fixes it. I hope it does.
    I apologize for my absence from this thread. I've got a very busy week with school.

Everyone should try and help each other out with their problems in this thread.

I'm working on GingerBlur 4. It's not a feature-packed release, but it does have some important improvements that will allow themers and modders to create better products based off of GingerBlur. I'd also like to improve the text-on-battery MOD for better visibility and looks.