Help! Stuck in Hboot Loop. [SOLVED]

Search This thread

gallogj

Aug 7, 2008
Help! I installed Android Rev 3.0 with no problems at all...worked great! Today I noticed Android Rev 4.0. I saw in the instructions that you needed to WIPE to install. Being a noob, I thought that meant that you had to format the sd card...which I did using rom manager. Then in rom manager I went to install the new Android Rev 4.0 off of my newly formatted sd card...and i've been stuck in a HBOOT loop ever since. I can't even get the phone to be recognized by my computer to try to flash RUU. I do have S-off. I do have the clockworkmod backup recovery.img, system.img and boot.img...but I can't get past this HBOOT loop. I tried everything to get into recovery...but nothing works...even tried system restore...nothing. I think the sd card might have lost its goldcard status because it no longer says "goldcard". Could that be the problem? Any suggestions? I need help before my 30 day return status is gone!

Last edited:

doktor buknasty

Feb 21, 2009
New York
Help! I installed Android Rev 3.0 with no problems at all...worked great! Today I noticed Android Rev 4.0. I saw in the instructions that you needed to WIPE to install. Being a noob, I thought that meant that you had to format the sd card...which I did using rom manager. Then in rom manager I went to install the new Android Rev 4.0 off of my newly formatted sd card...and i've been stuck in a HBOOT loop ever since. I can't even get the phone to be recognized by my computer to try to flash RUU. I do have S-off. I do have the clockworkmod backup recovery.img, system.img and boot.img...but I can't get past this HBOOT loop. I tried everything to get into recovery...but nothing works...even tried system restore...nothing. I think the sd card might have lost its goldcard status because it no longer says "goldcard". Could that be the problem? Any suggestions? I need help before my 30 day return status is gone!

Read this post, it might be able to help you:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11880142&postcount=1744

Reactions: gallogj

gallogj

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks! I'll give that a try and post the results. I've tried a similar file earlier...and still couldn't get to recovery.

gallogj

Aug 7, 2008
It's not suppose to help getting into recovery. Quick question tho: when you get into bootloader, does any option that you choose send you back to bootloader?

When the phone starts...it goes into fastboot...then goes to HBOOT...then runs the PD98IMG...updates....goes back to HBOOT screen. When I select recovery...it shows the HTC logo...fades to black...then nothing. No button pressing in the world gets it out of that black screen. I take the battery out...put it back in...and back to the fastboot screen I go. I'm going to try the new updated PD98IMG file mentioned...fingers crossed! I wonder if it would be as simple as getting a SD card file dump from someone who just installed AR 3.0 and putting the same files on my card? I dunno...gonna try the PD98IMG again first!

gallogj

Aug 7, 2008
Eureka!

The PD98IMG.zip that I downloaded from this thread worked! I can't believe it! It's a miracle!

If only I didn't snap my sd card cover in half trying to remove it numerous times...I would be completely unfazed...but now I have to scour ebay to find a replacement!

Thanks to everyone who helped! I hope this will help some other lost soul! Now to reroot and get that AR 4.0 installed!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

gallogj

Aug 7, 2008
Wow...

They dug up a thread from my newbie days! I was SO skerd that I bricked my phone. Here it is a year and 50 roms later and it's still ticking!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Read this post, it might be able to help you:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11880142&postcount=1744
    Thanks! I'll give that a try and post the results. I've tried a similar file earlier...and still couldn't get to recovery.

It's not suppose to help getting into recovery. Quick question tho: when you get into bootloader, does any option that you choose send you back to bootloader?
    Can you get into fastboot?
    If you can this might help.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=983452

sent from my HTC Inspired Desire HD 4G
    You might have to run the RUU and then re root

sent from my HTC Inspired Desire HD 4G