[Q] Is it possible to copy SIM info to phone memory and not need a physical card?

Search This thread

crrider13

Nov 29, 2007
Hi,

I'm wondering if there is any way to copy all the information stored on your SIM card to your phones memory and run it as a kind of "virtual SIM card" where your phone thinks it has a SIM but no actual card is inserted.

The reason I ask is because I have a T-Mobile G2X (LG-P999) and, as some of you may know, the SIM reader can become worn out and stop working on this model after some time. Mine is just starting to fail. Just to be clear, I've researched this particular issue and I know the things I can do to fix it; I'm not looking for advice on how to fix that problem.

It just occurred to me that If I could somehow copy my SIM info to the phone itself and eliminate the need for the physical card, I could bypass the issue altogether. It also might come in handy in the future if I ever had a similar situation. I realize it's probably a long shot, but I figured Id ask if anyone know if this kind of thing is possible? And if so, how I would go about doing it?