sony smartwatch when?

Search This thread

marcoplo

Nov 4, 2010
i have 2 questions
when the sony smartwatch is going to release ?
Do you thing that the smartwatch would be good? with XS:D

digiflip

Feb 3, 2010
Nottingham
il check my emails be a sec

I think i order around 3pm on 20th feb

yeh i got my order for xperia s at 15:30pm

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I got this email on the 24th feb

Congratulations! You've successfully pre-ordered your brand new Xperia S from Sony and you've also got yourself an abosutely free Sony SmartWatch!

What happens next?
Your Xperia S order has been processed and we've allocated a brand new phone to you
As soon as your Xperia S is in our warehouse, we'll post it out to you via Royal Mail Special Delivery
Expected delivery date is currently Tuesday 13 March. If there are any changes to this date, we'll be in touch via email to let you know as soon as we know
Please note that your Sony SmartWatch will be delivered after you've received your new phone. We'll send further details nearer the time about when you can expect to recieve it.
We'll also send you an email when your phone is dispatched, so you know to make sure you're available to take the delivery
In the meantime, sit back and relax knowing that you've done the smart thing in pre-ordering with us. We'll stay in touch with you until your phone is dispatched with the latest Xperia S from Sony news and advice about how to get the most out of your brand new phone as soon as it arrives.

Thanks again for placing your order with Phones 4u.

ps I got my xperia s on the 9th March

Last edited:

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
I don't understand how, but I just received my SmartWatch (MN2) from MobileFun in the UK. Nobody has stock and MobileFun still say they don't have a confirmed release date...yet here I have one this morning delivered. I think what may have happened is that stores were given single units to display prior to the main release, and as MobileFun is an Internet retailer, they just passed it as normal stock! It was sealed and had never been used before.

Now I am not using it with a Sony phone. I have an HTC Evo 3D. Although it is working, I have hit 2 issues already

1) This phone is listed as compatible, but the email notifier does NOT work with HTC phones. All other apps, like text, calendar, call log, music player, weather , facebook and twitter do work fine.

2) If the bluetooth connection is interrupted for any reason, such as moving out of range, sometimes it does not resume correctly and the watch ends up in an infinite loop trying to reconnect to the phone. I have to kill the processes on the phone to reset this.

It installed a firmware update when I first installed the Liveware and Smartwatch application on the phone, so I am sure there will be further improvements for things like this in due course.

It says it includes a USB charger on some websites. It does not. It just includes a unique type of USB cable that you have to plug-in to a generic charger or computer.

The touchscreen works quite well, but the image is not that bright and there is a yellowyness to the colours. Swipe up to move to widgets, swipe down to move to app icons, swipe across to move between pages, and use two fingers to go back up a level! There is no speaker in the Smartwatch but it does vibrate. The screen resolution is adequate but limited.

Gadgety

May 13, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
2) If the bluetooth connection is interrupted for any reason, such as moving out of range, sometimes it does not resume correctly and the watch ends up in an infinite loop trying to reconnect to the phone. I have to kill the processes on the phone to reset this.

Thank you for reporting. Great to see your micro review with key issues listed. Now, about the bluetooth, I just have to say I'm flabbergasted. Sony Corp. have had A COUPLE OF YEARS to get this right since the LiveView and they still manage to screw it up. I'm sorry, but it just isn't acceptable.

It installed a firmware update when I first installed the Liveware and Smartwatch application on the phone, so I am sure there will be further improvements for things like this in due course.

I am not sure, at all. The LiveView received few and poor updates. Further improvements - well they cannot even get the basic functionality right so they shouldn't release it. I do hope you have a non-release version. This is appalling.

The touchscreen works quite well, but the image is not that bright and there is a yellowyness to the colours. Swipe up to move to widgets, swipe down to move to app icons, swipe across to move between pages, and use two fingers to go back up a level! There is no speaker in the Smartwatch but it does vibrate. The screen resolution is adequate but limited.

Yes the vibration alert is key. Shame they haven't got the Bluetooth right, though. I would have got a Motorola MotoACTV. At least they do upgrade the software every few weeks, BUT it lacks that one crucial factor the vibration alert.

Still hoping Sony will correct things before release.

RichardTenggren

Aug 20, 2008
Njutånger
On sonymobile sweden homepage the smartwatch is listed as "New" now, before is was listed as "coming soon", i think it was today they change that.

Sorry for my bad english.

marcoplo

Nov 4, 2010
Guys is it that bad :(

or are you so demanding :eek:

I was hoping to have fun with some accessories for Xps.

But now i very concern about it IS IT WORTH's IT since i dont want to put my money on the mud :confused:

Cheer up:D

seem's that sony wont get any more profit from me !!! Too bad SONY

Last edited:

aleekwen

Feb 6, 2005
I also got mine from mobilefun. Works well except for email notifications with LTE galaxy note. I get a device not supported message. It does reboot a couple of times but auto reconnects.

Battery life is good so far, I am pleasantly surprised. It also looks good.

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
It is quite good. It just isn't super reliable yet with those odd disconnections. The more apps you add in the more it does those random reconnects. The hardest test is the viewfinder app which really stresses the Bluetooth connection. The mail app will only work with Sony phones. Just have to hope someone develops an htc one. Battery life really is good.

charly-whiskey

Jan 8, 2009
Soest
www.cwgc.de
I preordered mine and it should arrive 5th of April here in Germany. Since I have learned that BT-issues may be caused either by the gadget and the phone itself I give it a try.

But as an old Sony-victim (MBW 100, MBW 150, both dead short after the 2-years-warranty), I will return it immediately for refund when BT does not work properly.

Give you a report as soon as I have my hands on it.

cyberjak

Oct 25, 2006
arrived a bit ago

mine arrived last friday,
I'm semi impressed, but to be honest I don't think they should have called it a "Smartwatch" i think Smart Remote, or Extended Display would have been more correct.

1. if it doesn't get a BT connection to a phone it will not do anything,
2. if it looses the link ( phone with dead battery, turn off bluetooth to save that last bit of battery you have left ) it has a fit and will loose time eventually flash's the time then goes to a connection type screen like when you first got it.
3. VERY FEW USEFUL APPS, yes new events, and social network apps are working but aren't really over the top, the ViewFinder app sadly wasn't even done by sony yet in the original Live View the same feature app existed made by sony. what gives? there are only a handful off useful things for apps and gmail notifier isn't one of them. it just says if you have a mail and how many unread , doesn't tell you anything more. so really it's a bit of a letdown.

All in all i'm fine with it, and i put up with it, but I see why now some of the standalone android watch's are more expensive. can't say IMWATCH would be any different but i suspect it would be as it has storage on it suggesting you can load a few things and run it without the bluetooth but if you wanted updated info then it would need to re-link to the phone. this would be much more attractive then what sony did. so hopefully they'll catch on and at least allow you to keep TIME and maybe an onscreen setting as to 1 bluetooth on/off to save battery and just use as a watch sometimes, ( maybe an app? ) and have it not go into dead mode. fair enough if you power it off it loses everything and will require linking to the phone. Also MULTI DEVICE WOULD BE NICE, i have more then one android device that can run the software thusly if i want to take my Galaxy Note one day, my HTC SENSATION XE another, or my p920 another day, i should be able to choose which one i want to use with the phone that day and not have to keep re-pairing it. just maybe they can limit it to one connection at a time bt remember maybe up to 4 paired devices ( or at least 2 )
( meh why rant here as Sony never reads here mosta the time anyway )

mrwhizzard

Apr 17, 2011
Received my free Smartwatch from Phones 4 U today. Not had chance to play with it yet to give a review but thought I would mention as it would seem the accessories are now becoming generally available.

superdaddy

Oct 12, 2010
He's got one, and he's made a little video on it.
You can do some great things with the watch, seems cool. Hopefully when more apps start to pour through it will get even better :)

Reactions: CyberDemonVZ

guiguigawa

Jan 22, 2011
I just receive mine this morning.
A gift from thephonehouse with my Xperia S :)
Some basic apps from sony works perfectly.
But other apps (japanese most of them) working as they want...
Like an app : it command your camera and you can see in your watch live images. This apps launch your camera or not :p

aleekwen

Feb 6, 2005
A workaround to enable email notification on non-Sony phones with the new SmartWatch - note requires knowledge of Tasker.

posted on augmentedtraffic dot wordpress dot com (post is titles Sony Smart Watch Observations)

(I cannot provide link since I haven't posted enough here).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't understand how, but I just received my SmartWatch (MN2) from MobileFun in the UK. Nobody has stock and MobileFun still say they don't have a confirmed release date...yet here I have one this morning delivered. I think what may have happened is that stores were given single units to display prior to the main release, and as MobileFun is an Internet retailer, they just passed it as normal stock! It was sealed and had never been used before.

Now I am not using it with a Sony phone. I have an HTC Evo 3D. Although it is working, I have hit 2 issues already

1) This phone is listed as compatible, but the email notifier does NOT work with HTC phones. All other apps, like text, calendar, call log, music player, weather , facebook and twitter do work fine.

It says it includes a USB charger on some websites. It does not. It just includes a unique type of USB cable that you have to plug-in to a generic charger or computer.

He's got one, and he's made a little video on it.
    You can do some great things with the watch, seems cool. Hopefully when more apps start to pour through it will get even better :)
    I tried the watch with an Xperia S vs my Evo 3D. It definitely works better on the Xperia with no dropouts and very stable connection.

However, interestingly, the phonebook app on the Evo 3D shows the photos of the contacts...but on the Xperia S the photos are not displaying...odd!
    I'm having real issues with mine. It worked fine for a day, now it's buggered. Here's my mail to Sony support. We'll see if it gets resolved.

##

Hi there,

I received the SmartWatch from Amazon yesterday, and after a day of it working fine with my Xperia S, it now completely fails to update any of the push notifications (email, Twitter, Facebook, texts), despite the fact it is connected to the phone. Endomondo, Weather and missed calls work. In addition, many of the SmartExtras don't work - they crash when in LiveWare Manager.

As a customer of the initial LiveView (£45 wasted on something that literally did not work), I was obviously a little worried that this accessory would be equally deficient. Sadly, it's proving to be the case.

I have re-set the watch and uninstalled then reinstalled everything; both the SmartWatch and LiveWare Manager, and have re-paired the device several times. The support is non-existent on the website (even the manual links to a web page which doesn't exist).

Overall, pretty disgruntled.

I'd be very grateful if you could let me know if there are known issues with the SmartWatch and how I may rectify it.