[27th Sep]JellyBean AOSP Beta 4 for HD2 [KERN: SecureCRT HWA]

Search This thread

ElekLajos

Apr 11, 2008
you tell me. you are the only one with this problem. did you install it correctly?
how much system partition size did you use?

I don't know whether I installed fine, but something is not right.
After installation, wrote: Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped.
I have installed as you described. Before it was hardwere reset, software reset.I used HD2 Toolkit wipe (task 29), 400MB system partition, 5mb cache size. I have International HD2 and A2SD installed. There was no SIM card in the phone when installed.
The SD card 4 GB, FAT 32 3 GB, 1 GB ext4 partition.
What am I doing wrong?
Sorry for bad english :)

smokin901

I don't know whether I installed fine, but something is not right.
After installation, wrote: Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped.
I have installed as you described. Before it was hardwere reset, software reset.I used HD2 Toolkit wipe (task 29), 400MB system partition, 5mb cache size. I have International HD2 and A2SD installed. There was no SIM card in the phone when installed.
The SD card 4 GB, FAT 32 3 GB, 1 GB ext4 partition.
What am I doing wrong?
Sorry for bad english :)
your setup is fine did you format sd-ext partition as well when installing because task29 does not wipe that. also which a2sd did you use.

Reactions: medeyia

hx4700 user

Sep 18, 2007
I've downloaded soft keys mod but have no idea how to install it.

Sent from my native sd android HTC HD2 using xda-developers app. Thanks to the LNE team for porting this Evervolv JB to Native SD. Hearty thanks to smokin901 and the others for the hard work in creating the ROM in the first place.

Last edited:

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
I've downloaded soft keys mod but have no idea how to install it.

Sent from my native sd android HTC HD2 using xda-developers app. Thanks to the LNE team for JB.
You should be able to install the beta4 softkeys the same way as mentioned here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31991639&postcount=287 (beta 3)
Also LNE team don't deserve credit for JB, smokin901 and others do all the hard work. All we do here is put the files into nativeSD format.
Also, until smokin901 chooses to release his ROMS in nativeSD format (;)), please ask nativeSD questions in the LNE thread.
Thanks to all for your cooperation in this.:)

Reactions: wis1152

Dynalon

May 16, 2008
Great ROM!

Hey,

really a great ROM, fast, extremely battery saving, and comfortable for daily use. (I am using version Beta4)

Hope, You get time to fix the last bugs:

- WiFi Hotspot is not working ("turning on", but it never gets turned on)
- USB Tethering (App closing when trying to start)
- Dropdown Menu is not containing any shortcuts (WiFi on/off, Bluetooth on/off, GPS, 2G/3G,...)

Looking forward to the final version,

thanks a lot for the work You already did!

sandroidnz01

Oct 6, 2012
Penang
Free HTC DESIRE HD2

Anyone here?

Hi,
Visited a friends home today.He had a phone in his show case.Enquired and was informed that it was a non working HTC DESIRE HD2.Made further enquiries and was
informed that the device was a windows phone and he had upgraded to Android 4.1.2 and that he was using it for a couple of days until one day it just switched off.
Unable to switch it back on and not being able to use the mobile device even after taking it to a repair shop where he was told that that was the end of his device's life expectancy. He put this away and got himself an Android Samsung Galaxy S2.So I asked if I could have it and it rests in my pocket now.

It does not switch on.Just that,but when I tried charging it charges no prob.
Any advice how to switch it back on.
Thank you in advance.

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
Is there any way to disable the pull-down notification bar when locked? I haven't exactly pocket-dialed, but I've noticed sometimes my phone is no longer locked and I think that's the reason.

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
Anyone else having trouble getting GPS to work? I just installed TomTom, and it works fine when Wifi is on, but can't lock onto GPS when Wifi is off. It looks like it only appeared GPS was working because it was using location services via Wifi to pinpoint my location and not using GPS. With Wifi turned off, the GPS icon just blinks and TomTom says "No valid GPS signal" when I try to find my location.

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
Pretty quiet in here, is anyone still using this ROM or has everyone moved on?
Just in case anyone is Googling GPS problems on the HD2, turns out the GPS problem was hardware. GPS cable was disconnected from the main board. I probably failed to reconnect it when I reassembled the phone after replacing the digitizer.

One weird thing about this ROM... Fruit Ninja 1.7.6 is too slow and laggy and unplayable. However, it's just fine on my Droid Incredible running an AOSP JellyBean ROM. I believe both phones have the same SoC so CPU/GPU and GHz should be the same. So technically it should be possible to work on the HD2 as well. Anything I can do to make it work?

smokin901

Pretty quiet in here, is anyone still using this ROM or has everyone moved on?
Just in case anyone is Googling GPS problems on the HD2, turns out the GPS problem was hardware. GPS cable was disconnected from the main board. I probably failed to reconnect it when I reassembled the phone after replacing the digitizer.

One weird thing about this ROM... Fruit Ninja 1.7.6 is too slow and laggy and unplayable. However, it's just fine on my Droid Incredible running an AOSP JellyBean ROM. I believe both phones have the same SoC so CPU/GPU and GHz should be the same. So technically it should be possible to work on the HD2 as well. Anything I can do to make it work?
I was making this there was no aosp or cm10 but since tytung has in Rom there is point to continue this
Kernel also makes lot of difference

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys, This is the port of JellyBean Pre-alpha from nexus-one by great Evervolv. This is not daily use ROM but slowly getting there.

Following features work.

BETA 4

• Based on Latest Build Evervolv
    • Camera is fixed
    • More Stable.
    • More Faster
    • Added 2 method of A2SD (you can choose during installation).
    • Added option to disable EXT4 Journaling
    • Latest SecureCRT kernel
    • Bluetooth
    • Auto Button Backlight in low light area
    BETA 3

• Camera is fixed
    • More Stable.
    • Youtube works do not update youtube at any cost
    • Bluetooth
    • Launcher Rotation
    • Button Backlight
    BETA 2

• Camera is fixed
    • More Stable.
    • Youtube works do not update youtube at any cost

BETA 1
    • Based on Latest Build of Evervolv
    • Youtube fix credit to Xylo
    • Multi-touch fix Credit to Xylo
    • Updated to latest GAPPS
    • Working Camera

Alpha 6
    • Based on Latest Build of Evervolv
    • Youtube fix credit to Xylo
    • Multi-touch fix Credit to Xylo
    • Latest JB kernel by secureCRT
    • Latest GPU libs
    • Updated to latest GAPPS
    • Camera Does not work use other apps from market
    Alpha 5 (Full Wipe Recommended)

• Updated to Latest version of JB N1 rom
    • EVToolbox included, Remember some feature are not meant for HD2
    • Updated to latest JB kernel by secureCRT
    • Updated to latest Aderno Libs
    • I know Camera Crashes,so no point reporting about it. (any one who reports this will burn in hell for eons :p just kidding)
    • Added Google Now with Independent Locale from here Should allow you to use Google Now in your own language.
    Alpha 4 Update 1 (This is not a complete ROM flash this over existing installation)
    • Modified ramdisk for better compatibility with A2SD scripts
    • Fixed Voice Recognition issue with A2SD installation
    • updater Will Wipe Dalvik Cache automatically.
    Alpha 4 (Make sure to read Installation Instruction on post 2)
    • Latest Build of JB by Evervolv
    • Added Amurllaz A2SD script modified for JB. originally modified by lennox for MIUIv4 desire. Credit : Lennox (miuiau) if you use this script in your rom make sure to give credit to him.
    • Moved heavy files from internal memory to SD-CARD
    • Changed Superuser binary to 3.2 RC should fix remembering of permissions
    Alpha 3
    • USB Mass storage Mode
    • Browser
    • Installing Apps on SD card
    • Superuser (included app and binary already in the rom)
    • Camera
    Alpha 2
    • Sound
    • Google Now (without maps you may get FC when accessing maps related features)
    • USB Mass Storage
    • Gmail App is not included please download from market
    Alpha 1
    Working

• Mobile Data 3G/2G
    • Calls
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • SMS
    • Sound check download page for fix -------------------------- Credit Bexton
    • Video Playback
    • USB Mass Storage ----------- Credit Bexton
    Not Working

• Wifi Teathering
    Download
    Installation
    Partition Requirement :
    Internal Only
    System : 270MB (Min)
    A2SD Enabled
    System : 210MB (Min)
    SD-EXT : 1GB ext3/ext4
    Steps:

1. Format sd-ext, Data, System, Cache, Boot
    2. Install Rom
    3. If you have T-Mobile HD2 ie with 1GB Internal Memory you can choose either option but if you have International HD2 ie with 512MB Internal Memory then you should only choose Install with A2SD.
    4. When Installation is complete Reboot the phone.
    5. Setup your google account come to Home Screen wait for 4-5 mins then reboot the phone.do not use or try to install or do anything else on first boot.
    6. After 2nd reboot use your phone normally.
    7. Enable Force GPU re-endering from Settings->Developer Options->Force GPU rendering should make ROM bit smother/faster
    if for any reason phone bootloops reboot go to recovery wipe dalvik cache and reboot again.

Important Note: When using Rom with A2SD normal wipe dalvik - cache will not wipe dalvik-cache properly.

Mods
    Securecrt Kernel
    for Alpha 1 only
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28865562&postcount=79

for Alpha 2 and above see ROM download page.
    Yes HWA Kernel from Tytung :)
    But we still do not know if it works
    HWA works but not as smooth as ICS. even then overall system is fast

250 MB for Portition is very much ?!
    space required on system partition by JB is more.
    texasices' new release fixes browser rendering as well as other things:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28574798&postcount=2

Can anyone port over the new fixes so we can try it out or link me to a thread where I can learn how to do so? I don't want to bother the OP with this as his work is amazing as it is. Thank you.

Alpha 3 is ready with latest fixes from n1 build
    Mass storage works
    Browser works
    Superuser works.
    Able to install xda app which means apps installing to SD works

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app