PadKite™ : The first multitouch mobile mouse.

Search This thread

Padkite

Feb 5, 2011
padkite.com
Hi xda-developers,

We are about to launch PadKite in the Android market and we are currently collecting feedback from real users. Beta version now available for download at padkite web-page. As a new user we are not allowed to post links, please let us know your feedback on the application. You can also subscribe to our Beta Program. We are eager to hear your opinion.

PadKite is also an excellent app for tablets so we are also looking for people to test it on their tablets. Whether your multitouch device is a phone or tablet. Your feedback is very important to us. For any questions, please reply to this post or contact us at PadKite Contact us.

More about PadKite™: PadKite™ is the first multi-touch mobile mouse created to manage the tiny content on our cellphone screens. Never fumble or miss a target again. Breeze through favorite websites in a flash with customizable multitouch gestures. Post media and text to Facebook, Twitter, and blogs, all at the swoop of a fingertip.

Reactions: imfloflo

Namuna

Jan 11, 2010
New York
Wow! This looks like an awesome tool!

There's only Éclair and Froyo versions available though, I'm running custom Gingerbread on my N1. :(

I tried running the Froyo version on my N1 anyway, but it Force Closes as soon as trying to open the app.

Any ETA on a Gingerbread version? I'm quite eager to try your product!

Kippui

Jan 1, 2011
:( I really wanted to try it but it force closes on me.

Always wanted to tryout multi-touch...

nice stealth edit trololol...

Last edited:

ngagephone

Jul 24, 2006
Doncaster (Town)
Hmm i dont trust this app i just installed and accept the agreement then nothing and why so big for a simple mouse app? 14mb

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

wdl1908

Dec 18, 2010
Hmm i dont trust this app i just installed and accept the agreement then nothing and why so big for a simple mouse app? 14mb

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk

They included the complete libwebcore.so in there effectively including a complete web browser in their so called mouse driver. What up with that?

opher50

Nov 28, 2010
Just sitting and clapping my hands :]

looks wonderfulll .. Did anyone try it already ? does it seem safe and real? :D

btw: So I've understood that it is a browser like dolphin and others. .. does it include Flash? (btw does it have hebrew as other browsers?)

Last edited:

Padkite

Feb 5, 2011
padkite.com
Hi xda-developers,

Hope you are enjoying flying the web with PadKite, the first multitouch mobile mouse.

Yes, it is a web browser. It includes extended Webkit libraries that makes it heavier. Hopefully these will be able to be submitted into the WebKit build on the near future. The application does not include Flash for the moment and does not run on top of the OS or other applications. As a new concept we are starting small running as a stand alone browser aiming to grow bigger. We are braking the mold on multi-touch interaction and that has to be gradually. As you might have notized it has a lot of potential.

Currently we are making adjustments in order to run in all versions. This requires a lot of effort however it will allow PadKite to run in almost all devices. If you want to run on a Gingerbread version, let us know via our contact form and it will be delivered shortly.

Some users have experienced problems with Android versions of FRG83D and FRG83. We are currently looking into this and we will come up with a solution shortly. If you have problems, running PadKite on your Froyo, please contact us via our contact form too or join our beta program. We need as much information as possible from our users (especially your Logcat). Also, take part in our beta program and you will be the first to get updated on new versions.

Please follow PadKite on Twitter and get up-to-date info on new builds at padkite account.

Thanks for helping us make PadKite even better!

Cheers,

Jose Vigil
RoamTouch CEO

almus

Mar 9, 2007
looks great, I'm looking forward to trying it when its available for Gingerbread.. also it would be great to get the adobe flash integration working.. But looks like a great concept, original and useful.

May 7, 2011
Bumping this, as it is a clear winner as a productivity tool, but so few people seem to have heard about it. I'm a huge fan, and that's based on only having seen the videos, as well as it partially working on a mate's Xperia X8 (the X8 lacks multi-touch, so is unable to take advantage of some of the more powerful features, such as text-selection via second finger-rotation, although as a pointer it works perfectly)!

Hoping they get back to me soon with an offer into the Beta program, as I'm dying to get this app! Also hoping they take it further, and fast, so that it becomes an integral Android feature, rather than just a browser tool.

This is a game-changer, people, so get on board and bring your family and friends!

meanm50

Apr 14, 2009
PDX
Bumping this, as it is a clear winner as a productivity tool, but so few people seem to have heard about it. I'm a huge fan, and that's based on only having seen the videos, as well as it partially working on a mate's Xperia X8 (the X8 lacks multi-touch, so is unable to take advantage of some of the more powerful features, such as text-selection via second finger-rotation, although as a pointer it works perfectly)!

Hoping they get back to me soon with an offer into the Beta program, as I'm dying to get this app! Also hoping they take it further, and fast, so that it becomes an integral Android feature, rather than just a browser tool.

This is a game-changer, people, so get on board and bring your family and friends!

Don't hold your breath on this one buddy. I gave up. I recieved 6 APK's from the dev...not one of the worked. FC every time. I was working on it with him for quite a time, and it never worked. Seems to only work on one or two phones.

May 7, 2011
Won't be holding my breath, but certainly won't be abandoning hope! If those who have been able to get it working could post details of which model phones they have, as well as the models that haven't worked, plus current Android version, the devs might be able to narrow the issue down. Not sure if I'm able to start a new thread, being a noob and all, so if people could list the following in this thread it would go a long way towards getting us what we want:

Phone model
Android version (stock or rooted)
Whether it worked or not, and if not, at what stage it crashed, plus any further comments.

meanm50

Apr 14, 2009
PDX
Won't be holding my breath, but certainly won't be abandoning hope! If those who have been able to get it working could post details of which model phones they have, as well as the models that haven't worked, plus current Android version, the devs might be able to narrow the issue down. Not sure if I'm able to start a new thread, being a noob and all, so if people could list the following in this thread it would go a long way towards getting us what we want:

Phone model
Android version (stock or rooted)
Whether it worked or not, and if not, at what stage it crashed, plus any further comments.

Send the dev any info you like...it didn't help. I was in contact with him for a few weeks. I don't 'abandon hope' unless it's time to abandon it. After emailing back and forth for a few weeks, then not hearing back from the dev for the last 3 months, I would say it's abandonment time.

meanm50

Apr 14, 2009
PDX
You do what you want, and I'll do what I want, and never the twain shall meet. ;)

Well thank you SO much for your diplomacy. :rolleyes: You must be new here. I was just sharing my findings. Did you even notice the last post before you necro'd this crappy app...was from Feb??? There is a reason for that.

Good luck with getting things figured out around here.

May 7, 2011
Crappy app, perhaps, but only in terms of its failing to work for most who've tried it thus far. The idea itself is a brilliant one, I believe!

meanm50

Apr 14, 2009
PDX
Crappy app, perhaps, but only in terms of its failing to work for most who've tried it thus far. The idea itself is a brilliant one, I believe!

95% of brilliance is implementation.

I can think of a bazillion good app ideas...but making them actually work is where the real skill is. I am upset with padkite because they seem to have spent all this time on making a website and sharing the idea...then they spent 2 minutes actually BUILDING the app...and it's garbage.

xgustavoacex

Dec 9, 2010
This looks fantastic. I downloaded and try to join beta program, to improve your software.

And 14mb is nothing, nowdays phones have 1gb or so of ROM space. Or move it to SD card.

May 7, 2011
95% of brilliance is implementation.

I can think of a bazillion good app ideas...but making them actually work is where the real skill is. I am upset with padkite because they seem to have spent all this time on making a website and sharing the idea...then they spent 2 minutes actually BUILDING the app...and it's garbage.

Are you suggesting that they faked the videos of padKite working on the Motorola (Droid?) phone? Because unless they did indeed fake the videos, then they had the app working on at least one phone! Obviously more than 2 minutes were spent, and I'm guessing the problem to be overcome is actually a rather minor yet befuddling one.

As stated earlier, I've seen padKite partially working on a mate's Xperia X8, so we aren't talking vaporware, here. Please, Mean Mr Mustard, change your heart and let hope in, and encourage others to do the same, instead of working against what you've already acknowledged is something good enough to upset you by virtue of not working for you.

There must be some out there who've been able to get padKite at least partially working. Chime in, fellows, and let's make this fairy well again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi xda-developers,

We are about to launch PadKite in the Android market and we are currently collecting feedback from real users. Beta version now available for download at padkite web-page. As a new user we are not allowed to post links, please let us know your feedback on the application. You can also subscribe to our Beta Program. We are eager to hear your opinion.

PadKite is also an excellent app for tablets so we are also looking for people to test it on their tablets. Whether your multitouch device is a phone or tablet. Your feedback is very important to us. For any questions, please reply to this post or contact us at PadKite Contact us.

More about PadKite™: PadKite™ is the first multi-touch mobile mouse created to manage the tiny content on our cellphone screens. Never fumble or miss a target again. Breeze through favorite websites in a flash with customizable multitouch gestures. Post media and text to Facebook, Twitter, and blogs, all at the swoop of a fingertip.