PadKite™ : The first multitouch mobile mouse.

Search This thread

Vince556

Mar 21, 2011
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Great concept but it doesn't work for me. I downloaded both froyo versions and after the introduction on how to use it they force close.

This is on a non rooted Droid Incredible.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

meanm50

Apr 14, 2009
PDX
Are you suggesting that they faked the videos of padKite working on the Motorola (Droid?) phone? Because unless they did indeed fake the videos, then they had the app working on at least one phone! Obviously more than 2 minutes were spent, and I'm guessing the problem to be overcome is actually a rather minor yet befuddling one.

As stated earlier, I've seen padKite partially working on a mate's Xperia X8, so we aren't talking vaporware, here. Please, Mean Mr Mustard, change your heart and let hope in, and encourage others to do the same, instead of working against what you've already acknowledged is something good enough to upset you by virtue of not working for you.

There must be some out there who've been able to get padKite at least partially working. Chime in, fellows, and let's make this fairy well again!

You sir, are ridiculous. I am not at all suggesting the vid is fake...although, anyone COULD fake it with some freeware.

It is confirmed working on ONE phone (in the vid)..and PARTIALLY on another. (your buddies) Yet, I can bring you 100 examples of people that say 'it doesn't work'. The app came out at the end of 2010, and the last post in the app thread was over 3 months ago. No one can verify all the features fully work other than the dev. In fact, you are the first person that has been able to verify it at least semi-working on ANY phone.

So I guess, you just hang onto that hope, I will even email the dev to let him know there is ONE person still interested in development for his app. Then you can get the same 'I give up' email from him that I got. Have a good one bro. Enjoy your stay at XDA. Stop raping dead threads.:D

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
You sir, are ridiculous. I am not at all suggesting the vid is fake...although, anyone COULD fake it with some freeware.

It is confirmed working on ONE phone (in the vid)..and PARTIALLY on another. (your buddies) Yet, I can bring you 100 examples of people that say 'it doesn't work'. The app came out at the end of 2010, and the last post in the app thread was over 3 months ago. No one can verify all the features fully work other than the dev. In fact, you are the first person that has been able to verify it at least semi-working on ANY phone.

So I guess, you just hang onto that hope, I will even email the dev to let him know there is ONE person still interested in development for his app. Then you can get the same 'I give up' email from him that I got. Have a good one bro. Enjoy your stay at XDA. Stop raping dead threads.:D

In response to you, Mean Mr Mustard, I say thank you muchly for emailing on my behalf - I actually appreciate the effort by you, even though it would appear that yes, the horse has since died. I'm not afraid to aim for resurrection, and beyond! :cool:

PS I'm ignoring the rape comment, even though I could challenge the 'dead' implications by saying that as well as thee and me, two others have chimed in whilst we've sparred to add their interest. At the very least we've provided some amusement with our back-and-forth, I hope. All the best to you! :D

meanm50

Apr 14, 2009
PDX
In response to you, Mean Mr Mustard, I say thank you muchly for emailing on my behalf - I actually appreciate the effort by you, even though it would appear that yes, the horse has since died. I'm not afraid to aim for resurrection, and beyond! :cool:

PS I'm ignoring the rape comment, even though I could challenge the 'dead' implications by saying that as well as thee and me, two others have chimed in whilst we've sparred to add their interest. At the very least we've provided some amusement with our back-and-forth, I hope. All the best to you! :D

Vance posted 2 times...that is only one person...and he only chimed in to say he couldn't get it to work either! roflrofl. I really did email the dev. Told him there is some 'action' in his thread at XDA...

runedrune

Nov 6, 2010
Lahore
just saw the video on the website and it looks great. :) - and i just realized this is pretty old. lol.

chillaxx

Jan 6, 2008
Amsterdam
I would seriously recommend reading the terms of agreement when first installing the app. Says something like you get a free app but have to pay for downloading it. What up with that? As you might have guessed. I declined and removed the app. For me to dodgy?

maybe it's just me??

Last edited:

Padkite

Feb 5, 2011
padkite.com
Hi guys,

Its a very exciting post, I am happy to see that the product is opening the debate. I appreciate both good and constructive feedback's, we are working on solving the implementation problems and on a new release. We really apologize for the inconveniences.

We haven't given up, at all, we are working on it. We are confident about the concept, potential and future vision. We took an enormous challenge and we are in the process of overcoming it, if it would have been something simple we would have launched long ago. We need your help, below you can find instructions how you can help us building a library to your cellphone.

PadKite is alive and development continues. We are making a great effort to overcome the crashes problem and in the meantime we are developing the launching release that will include a single finger interaction and more user friendly features, app rocks. We are also mitigating the learning curve to a more simple interaction. I apologize that we have not been able to clearly explain what is the nature of the problem we are facing in terms of crashes. I will do that now and also open the strategy.

When we started padkite development we underestimated its implementation, I agree with the says above. We are recovering after hitting the head against the wall. The only way to reach a goal and a vision is to walk the path and we are now walking again.

Going to the problem, in order to achieve the magic in the videos (Eclair) we forked WebKit pretty much with amazing results that we consider worth fighting for. However while developing we only tried it on a small amount of devices showing good results. We did not know about the coming hassle. A mistake from our side considering the application low level interaction via JNI and the system dependencies that change on every phone. We had no idea of the real problem we had to face and overcome.

The real problem is not the application itself we created but the system libraries we operate with and its dependencies that change on every cellphone. Lets say we created padkite so that knows how to eat apples from a cellphone tree. So when padkite is installed, it expects to find an apple tree but instead there is an orange tree and crashes. Manufacturers patch their systems on every release. Our job now is to instruct padkite to understand every tree of every cellphone. In short port it to every cellphone. In some cases a port is suitable for more than one phone in some cases not.

What is that we port?. The key library for padkite is librtwebcore.so. We have developed our own version from source scratch and its being deployed with the apk (size of app is mainly due to that library, we are also working also to avoid this on he apk in next release so we will make it lighter). So librtwebcore.so is our own tree and we have to adjust it to each cellphone. Currently we have two different versions of that library which is quite an achievement already, we are working to extend it.

We have recently done this on our own with good results with the Galaxy Tab. But we do not have all cellphones to try and there is where we need help. We think that xda is a great place to get started in order to solve the problem. Please help us to overcome it and make padkite evolve.

Apologize again for the inconvenience. Thanks very much.

Jose Vigil
RoamTouch CEO

Last edited:

BenKranged

Apr 24, 2011
Most android apps do not require a separate version for each phone. Perhaps you could rewrite your app from scratch to correct this.

Padkite

Feb 5, 2011
padkite.com
Thanks for the suggestion BenKranged but unfortunately its not that simple. We certainly had internal debates of this, but in the end chose this road to now be able to do all the nice and new features we wanted without having to wait for a new webkit version to appear. What we are doing cannot be done with native interfaces.

Jose Vigil
RoamTouch CEO

Last edited:
G

GuestK00336

Fc

Force close on Dell Streak running dj_steve 1.9.0 rom (2.2.2.)
Hopefully this will come together looks like it has some potential!

PhoenixFx

Dec 1, 2006
On my Galaxy S running Android 2.3.3 (JVH) this program force closes very frequently. It only worked well the first time I ran it after installing. In the first run it worked, but extremely slow (scrolling and identifying a click etc). Selecting text was difficult too; the cursor did not behave as smoothly or intuitively like their demo video.

My initial impression of this app is very poor. If they can fix the force closing issue and improve performance then perhaps it has a chance. But at this stage , at least on Galaxy S (2.3.3) it is unusable.

xHoLyx

Jan 22, 2011
North Shore
After skipping tutorial, it force closes. No way of testing or using it.

Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

s0ul74k3r

May 12, 2011
Downloading it on my LG Optimus P500, Froyo 2.2.1

Wanted to ask whether it will include flash in future ???

kekni

Aug 16, 2010
Seems like a great idea but the lack of people actually managing to get it working doesn't fill me with enthusiasm.

Has anyone got this working on a Desire running CM7?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi xda-developers,

We are about to launch PadKite in the Android market and we are currently collecting feedback from real users. Beta version now available for download at padkite web-page. As a new user we are not allowed to post links, please let us know your feedback on the application. You can also subscribe to our Beta Program. We are eager to hear your opinion.

PadKite is also an excellent app for tablets so we are also looking for people to test it on their tablets. Whether your multitouch device is a phone or tablet. Your feedback is very important to us. For any questions, please reply to this post or contact us at PadKite Contact us.

More about PadKite™: PadKite™ is the first multi-touch mobile mouse created to manage the tiny content on our cellphone screens. Never fumble or miss a target again. Breeze through favorite websites in a flash with customizable multitouch gestures. Post media and text to Facebook, Twitter, and blogs, all at the swoop of a fingertip.