[Q] Galaxy W 4.4.2 issues

Search This thread

derekmines

Mar 23, 2014
Dubai
Hi forum

I'm a complete newbie to this, in fact I've never done more than install an app on my Galaxy W until last week.

I have now rooted the phone (is that the right term?) and am running android 4.4.2

It's pretty stable but I have a couple of issues that I wonder if anyone has experienced....
Please forgive me if this is the wrong section but there's a nasty warning about posting in the developers bit!

issue 1 is that I am unable to answer calls.... the phone rings, the back and menu buttons light up but the screen doesn't illuminate or allow me to swipe to answer... if I know the call's coming and hold the phone with no screenlock on then I can answer fine.

The other issue is that's it's very very slow... this is probably just down to a lack of RAM but any experience to make it run quicker would bbe appreciated.

Alternatively, should I downgrade to 4.2.2?

sir mordred

Sep 22, 2013
mmcblk0p15
Hi forum

I'm a complete newbie to this, in fact I've never done more than install an app on my Galaxy W until last week.

I have now rooted the phone (is that the right term?) and am running android 4.4.2

It's pretty stable but I have a couple of issues that I wonder if anyone has experienced....
Please forgive me if this is the wrong section but there's a nasty warning about posting in the developers bit!

issue 1 is that I am unable to answer calls.... the phone rings, the back and menu buttons light up but the screen doesn't illuminate or allow me to swipe to answer... if I know the call's coming and hold the phone with no screenlock on then I can answer fine.

The other issue is that's it's very very slow... this is probably just down to a lack of RAM but any experience to make it run quicker would bbe appreciated.

Alternatively, should I downgrade to 4.2.2?

did you make clean install? if not please re-flash the rom via clean install

-wipe data/factory reset
-format system
-format sdcard0(default)

derekmines

Mar 23, 2014
Dubai
did you make clean install? if not please re-flash the rom via clean install

-wipe data/factory reset
-format system
-format sdcard0(default)

Hi

I did make a clean install.... I followed a step by step guide on the trueandroid site (I can't post a link as i'm new here)
it noted full backup, clockwork mod, data wipe, dalvik wipe.

Everything worked exactly as they said.

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hi

I did make a clean install.... I followed a step by step guide on the trueandroid site (I can't post a link as i'm new here)

I'll send youa good working configuration 4.4.2 via pm :p

1st pm = downloadlinks
2nd pm = guide

Last edited:
Reactions: lol_boy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

I'll send youa good working configuration 4.4.2 via pm :p

1st pm = downloadlinks
    2nd pm = guide