Please help! Need urgent help with HTC One SAFE MODE CANT DO ANYTHING!!!

Search This thread

Deadmau.5

Apr 14, 2013
Valencia, Spain
Hi, I have a problem with my ONE M7 from last night.

I was watching a video on my phone and then I tried to turn up the volume and the button wasn't working.

Then I tried to put the volume down and it was working, and I turned up in the touch screen.

After 1-2 minutes the volume down button wasn't working too so I reboot the phone pressing long time the lock/power button until it said wait 3,2,1 to reboot.

After that, the phone booted, but no sounds were heared on the HTC logo, and my phone is booting up on SAFE MODE.

The volume buttons aren't working (I searched for safe mode and there are only few posts, and the persons who experienced this the volume button on their phones wasn't working too) and I don't know what to do... the volume is working, if I try it manually in options it works, but the problem is that the phone is on SAFE MODE, the volume buttons aren't working and I don't know what to do.

I tried to update to 4.4.2 but I can't because the SW actualization option it doesn't appear to me that is on SAFE MODE. I tried to put out fast reboot but everything is the same... I have a rom on it, rooted, etc... and the problem is I can't take it to the official support of HTC because they will throw it out.

And the big problem is the phone can't enter on recovery or fastboot or either of those options. If I press vol. down button and power button and after the htc logo i release the power but i still press the down button nothing happens, and in a friend's one it starts quickly the bootloader mode.

Is there a app or something to enter directly to recovery ? Can I put a recovery as I can't enter bootloader mode ? What can I do ? I am so scared this phone costed me a lot of money and now I can only do a few things with it, because it's in safe mode and half of the apps even doesn't appear (only stock ones) but they're appear as installed on applications... :crying:

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Press the power button until lights flash. Keep pressing till message says press to reboot phone.

Your phone should now be out of safe mode.
Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Deadmau.5

Apr 14, 2013
Valencia, Spain
Press the power button until lights flash. Keep pressing till message says press to reboot phone.

Your phone should now be out of safe mode.

Hi, i've done that a couple of times and now another time and still SAFE MODE.

I tried to restore all I restored the phone via settings and in a moment the phone said entering recovery mode and it appeared my touch cwm recovery and it wiped all to factory, but still on safe mode, and the same thing done if i restart it pressing long time the button... What can I do ?

The problem as I said i'm root with custom rom etc... :crying: and the official support won't support me.

Deadmau.5

Apr 14, 2013
Valencia, Spain
Isn't there any application to enter recovery or bootloader mode without pressing buttons ? I think it doesn't enter because the vol. buttons aren't working because the damned safe mode.

I know that there is an application that I have several time ago on my Optimus G that can directly boot in recovery mode, name or any similar compatible with One ? Please It's very urgent :crying::crying::crying:

EDIT: LOL I can't install any app because if i install it, it appears on apps list but I can't launch it and if I try to launch it directly from apps list it doesn't launch too...

Last edited:

Deadmau.5

Apr 14, 2013
Valencia, Spain
There is a app called quickboot or you can use Rom toolbox

The problem is that in safe mode 3rd party apps won't work.

The other problem is that I can't enter fastboot or recovery, and my phone is rooted, s-off, bootloader unlocked, custom rom, custom recovery... im screwed up :crying:

What can I do ? HTC support won't help me, because mostly it seems to be HW problem that the vol. buttons I think they're broken, because as I said from last night from seeing a video happened this to me... If it's HW problem and not SW even if it's rooted and all of that they will repair it ?

But I don't know 100% if its HW problem because this problem is very very very rare and from the few users with the same problem, like I see on internet, they're vol. buttons won't work too...

Shadow Samurai

Nov 24, 2010
pensacola, FL
OnePlus 7T
iQOO 9
Use cmd fastboot commands when phone is plugged in computer. Google how to do it/set up.
Should be able to enter recovery like that. I recommend flashing/resetting everything.

Sent from the one and only HTC One

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

From bootloader and fastboot mode
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

Last edited:

Deadmau.5

Apr 14, 2013
Valencia, Spain
Use cmd fastboot commands when phone is plugged in computer. Google how to do it/set up.
Should be able to enter recovery like that. I recommend flashing/resetting everything.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

From bootloader and fastboot mode
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot

But what can I do because the volume up and down pads aren't working, I can't enter to fastboot or recovery.

Or do you mean to enter to the recovery/fastboot via ADB in my PC ?

I Googled a lot but I can't find anything please if you can help me or send me the link I would thank you a lot lot lot.

Last edited:

Shadow Samurai

Nov 24, 2010
pensacola, FL
OnePlus 7T
iQOO 9
But what can I do because the vol. up and down pads aren't working, I can't enter to fastboot or recovery.

I Googled a lot but I can't find anything please if you can help me or send me the link I would thank you a lot lot lot.

Yes, enter recovery via fastboot commands. I've used them before on my phone.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Yes, enter recovery via fastboot commands (ADB). I've used them before on my phone. From there fix Ur ****. Lol.

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Yes, enter recovery via fastboot commands. I've used them before on my phone.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

The problem is that he cannot get into fastboot mode. The volume down key isn't working. So, he cannot use any fastboot commands

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

But what can I do because the vol. up and down pads aren't working, I can't enter to fastboot or recovery.

Since you cannot get into fastboot mode, the fastboot commands are absolutely useless. Try this:
Let your phone boot up normally in safe mode. Enable usb debugging in settings-developer (Tap on build number 7 times to activate developer mode)
Then, on your computer, open the fastboot/adb folder
Connect your phone through the usb cable and type:
'adb reboot bootloader'
without quotation marks. Now see if u can get into fastboot

Shadow Samurai

Nov 24, 2010
pensacola, FL
OnePlus 7T
iQOO 9
The problem is that he cannot get into fastboot mode. The volume down key isn't working. So, he cannot use any fastboot commands

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Since you cannot get into fastboot mode, the fastboot commands are absolutely useless. Try this:
Let your phone boot up normally in safe mode. Enable usb debugging in settings-developer (Tap on build number 7 times to activate developer mode)
Then, on your computer, open the fastboot/adb folder
Connect your phone through the usb cable and type:
'adb reboot bootloader'
without quotation marks. Now see if u can get into fastboot

That's what I meant.....-_-
Listen to what I meant not what I said......lol.